Jew hatred

The explanation is rather simple

The Hebrew culture clashed with other cultures a lot in Western History mostly because the Hebrew culture lived along side those Christian Western cultures in a way that no other culture ever did.

You really cannot hate the OTHER, if you never meet them.
Anyone who criticizes Israel, is called a jew hater.

If someone objects to the IDF shooting at Palestinian fisherman and farmers, it's because they hate jews. Not because the IDF actually shoots at Palestinian fisherman and farmers.

It's as if people like Lipbush, want people to hate jews. That way they don't have to deal with valid criticisms about the "Jewish State".

You are a Jew hater, what would you expect to be called?

People can say, "I hate nazis" without being accused of also hating the German people.

Or you can say, "I hate Castro" and not be accused of hating the Cuba people.

But if you say, "I hate Zionism" you will be immediately slandered for being anti-semitic and hating Jews.

People can say, "I hate nazis" without being accused of also hating the German people.

But if you say, "I hate Zionism" you will be immediately slandered for being anti-semitic and hating Jews.

German and Cuban people are many religions.

You have it backwards once again.
PLO sets up their command structure in schools, hospitals and transportation spots. They do that to encourage Israel to kill innocent civilians by mistake for propaganda reasons.
PLO sends bombers into elementary schools in Isreal.
PLO kills innocent Olympic athletes.
PLO pushes elderly Jews in wheelchairs off the deck on cruise ships.
And the nazis blamed the jews for everything wrong in their country.

It's called, "scapegoating".

You are a Jew hater, what would you expect to be called?
Why am I a jew hater?

personally, I don't know if you are a Jew hater. Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. But I am curious about why, in a thread on a religion forum which states that its focus is about anti-semitism, you tie it (in post #14) to political machinations in the mid-east. If you are tying the behaviors of a government to your reaction to a religious group then I can see someone making a series of different inferences. If you brought up Israel for some other reason than to tie it to Judaism, I would love to hear what that reason is and how it is appropriate in a thread asking for an explanation of anti-semitism.

anti-semitism has a history beyond what you catalogued and its roots can be boiled down to a few basic threads:

1. they aren't like us (and maybe they will oppose us)

2. they aren't like us and won't become like us, therefore they are rejecting who we are

3. they are different from us categorically and in an inherent way and that's not acceptable even if they do nothing

4. a member of their group is guilty of a particular action therefore the entire group is a problem

Point 4 is easily recognizable.

Like a couple of jewish rabbis are accused of putting Jesus to death, therefore all jews are evil. Some where in the confusion the point that Jesus was a jew and therefore falls upunder rabbinical law since he posed as a teacher is missed.

In other words, Jesus and his disciples were blasphemers and were suppose to be put to death. Can't tell a christian that, no siree bob!!

anti-semitism has a history beyond what you catalogued and its roots can be boiled down to a few basic threads:

1. they aren't like us (and maybe they will oppose us)

2. they aren't like us and won't become like us, therefore they are rejecting who we are

3. they are different from us categorically and in an inherent way and that's not acceptable even if they do nothing

4. a member of their group is guilty of a particular action therefore the entire group is a problem

Point 4 is easily recognizable.

Like a couple of jewish rabbis are accused of putting Jesus to death, therefore all jews are evil. Some where in the confusion the point that Jesus was a jew and therefore falls upunder rabbinical law since he posed as a teacher is missed.

In other words, Jesus and his disciples were blasphemers and were suppose to be put to death. Can't tell a christian that, no siree bob!!

#4 can be applied to the deicide charge, but it is important to note that even under Jewish law at the time the punishment for his behavior (if it was "blasphemy") would not have been crucifixion. Additionally, his role as a teacher or even rabbi (in any sense) would not have affected the punishment.

Playing the Jew card? This thread is about Antisemitism! stop bringing Israel up, this isn't the issue!:mad::mad:
Stop making baseless accusations.

You inferred I hate jews. I'll ask you the same question I asked MB, "why"? Why would I hate jews? If people are going to accuse me of that, I want to know why they think that. There must be a reason why they draw that conclusion, I want to know what it is. BTW, I already know what the answer is.

I'm an Irish Catholic. Why would I even give a shit about jews? Or muslims? I could care less. I'm not a member of their religions and how they worship, has nothing to do with my daily life. So why would I take the time out of my day, to waste it on something as ridiculous as "jew hate"? If it's a big deal in your life, fine. It's not in mine. So stop acting like it is. You're not that important. Jews are not that important. Muslims are not that important.

If you disagree, then tell me why I would hate jews.

Why you hate Jews? how should I know? you should tell us, we are no mind readers. your posts speak for you, that is.

I am a Jew; an atheist, a humanist, and a realist. over the greater part of my 81 years, I believe:
Everyone without personal pride needs an enemy, denigrates people he believes are "better" than him, is resentful of Jesus' people who don't believe in him, and don't realize that we are who we had been conditioned to become, by our childhood. There is no "Them" to a self-respecting person.

Boy that is a tough one to conceptualize? Here I thought pride and ego was the root of nearly all sin, now you are suggesting those without personal pride are the jealous, envious, scheming types?

On a separate matter: I was always perplexed how well-informed Jewish subjects could not see the hand of G-d in their bitter, yet remarkable past. Coincidence explains nothing.

Why you hate Jews? how should I know? you should tell us, we are no mind readers. your posts speak for you, that is.
You said I hate jews! You must have a reason for saying that. Well, what is that reason? If you don't know, then why the fuck do you accuse me of hating jews? You're accusing me of something and have no idea why?

I'll help you out. This is nothing more than a smear campaign tactic to label someone a jew hater, when they say things about Isreal you don't like, or want to deal with.

And for the last time, I don't hate jews. I have no reason to hate jews. The only people who claim I do, lack the moral integrity to be honest with themselves and quite frankly, can go fuck themselves.

You people do this all the time. And if any of you think you can bully me into saying something I don't want to say, or shut-up about the things I do say, you got as much a chance of that happening, as Madonna getting her virginity back.

personally, I don't know if you are a Jew hater. Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. But I am curious about why, in a thread on a religion forum which states that its focus is about anti-semitism, you tie it (in post #14) to political machinations in the mid-east. If you are tying the behaviors of a government to your reaction to a religious group then I can see someone making a series of different inferences. If you brought up Israel for some other reason than to tie it to Judaism, I would love to hear what that reason is and how it is appropriate in a thread asking for an explanation of anti-semitism.
I was only responding to a baseless accusation leveled against me and the political example was the one I chose to explain my argument in more detail.

Other than that, I could care less about the issue of anti-semitism.

I treat everyone the same, unless they give me reason not to.

I was only responding to a baseless accusation leveled against me and the political example was the one I chose to explain my argument in more detail.

ok, that makes sense -- but can you help me understand the question you asked in post #11? The question was whether "when jews do the same thing the nazis did, are they still persecuted".

I don't see how that discusses the examples of persecution against Jews (but I can answer by saying that jews get persecuted a lot, even when individual jews do anything or nothing in particular). and as I haven't seen concentration camps, firing squads and zyklon b showers in the middle east, I'm not sure which jews or actions you are pointing to.

You were then asked in #12 which jews you refer to in your question but I didn't see an answer to that. so I'm just trying to understand what you were getting at.

Not so fast.

I was looking over a book called, "The Sons of pigs and apes", by Neil Kressel. Neil is a graduate at Harvard and has taught at Harvard. He recently was a visiting associate professor at the Yale Initiative for Interdisciplinary studies of Antisemitism which inspired his book. What he found was startling. His conclusion was that even moderate Jews seem to have an underlying hatred for the Jewish race, stemming from writings in the Koran and Hadith. Mohammad claims that because of the wickedness of the Jewish people a portion of them were turned inot animals for transgressing the word of God.

The highest ranking cleric in the Sunni Muslim world, Al-Azhar Sheikh Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi, in April 2002 in a sermon had this to say, "and you will understand that the Jews of yesterday are the evil fathers of the Jews of today, who are evil offspring, infidels, distorters of words, calf-worshippers, prophet-,murderers, prophecy-deniers.....the scum of the human race whom Allah cursed and turned into apes and pigs..."

In fact, we see much of the same thinking when Jews were persecuted in Europe for killing Jesus on the cross and not converting to Christianity.

In May 2002, Iqraa, the Suadi-Egyptian satellite television station, which according to its website sets for itself the goals of "highlighting aspects of Arab Islamic culture that inspire respect, and highlighting the true and tolerant picture of Islam and refuting the accusations directed against Islam," interviewed a 3 and a half old Muslim girl. On "The Muslim Woman Magazine" program, the girl was asked whether she liked Jews; she answered, "No." When asked why she didn't like them, she said that the Jews were "apes and pigs." "Who said this?" the moderator asked. The girl answered, "Our God." "Where did he say this?" the moderator asked. The girl replied, "The Koran". At the end of the interview, the pleased moderator said, "No parents could wish for Allah to give them a more believing girl than she, may Allah bless her father and mother."

You may want to check your activity in this thread, loinboy. You were the one who first brought up modern Israel in the first page of this thread:

Israel treats the Pals, like the nazis treated the jews.

This was well before any accusations of hatred or racism, so no, it was not brought up in defense against accusations.

If you couldn't care less, then why are you so vocal about it? If you truly have no hatred of Jews, then at the very least it has the appearance of a transparent facade.

You may want to check your activity in this thread, loinboy. You were the one who first brought up modern Israel in the first page of this thread:

This was well before any accusations of hatred or racism, so no, it was not brought up in defense against accusations.
It was pretty obvious where he was going with this.

The thread OP is about "anti-semitism" being "off the charts today" and infers the persecution of the jews continues un-abated. The problem is, anyone who criticizes Israel, is called an anti-semite. Which is a mis-representation of the facts.

If you couldn't care less, then why are you so vocal about it? If you truly have no hatred of Jews, then at the very least it has the appearance of a transparent facade.
Because radical zionists keep trying to tell me the emporer has new clothes. They keep attacking the person bringing up the issue of Israeli atrocities, instead of addressing the atrocities themselves. The most common response to criticism of Israeli actions in the OPT, is to kill the messenger.

What really gets me going, is I don't like hypocrites. And when you look at all the shit Israel has done to the Palestinian's, then threads like these pop up trying to convince people that the aggressors are the victims, I feel the need to put things in perspective.

It was pretty obvious where he was going with this.

The thread OP is about "anti-semitism" being "off the charts today" and infers the persecution of the jews continues un-abated. The problem is, anyone who criticizes Israel, is called an anti-semite. Which is a mis-representation of the facts.

Because radical zionists keep trying to tell me the emporer has new clothes. They keep attacking the person bringing up the issue of Israeli atrocities, instead of addressing the atrocities themselves. The most common response to criticism of Israeli actions in the OPT, is to kill the messenger.

What really gets me going, is I don't like hypocrites. And when you look at all the shit Israel has done to the Palestinian's, then threads like these pop up trying to convince people that the aggressors are the victims, I feel the need to put things in perspective.

Nobody can stop you. I'm just telling you what one person, me, picks up from your posts. I see a man who appears to have an obsessive bone to pick with Israel to the point that he will take a thread about 1000's of years of oppression that nobody can really deny and make it about modern Israel and how Jews are the oppressors. I suppose Jews are no less capable of overcompensation for past injustices as anybody else is. Be that as it may, you seem fairly intent on demonizing Jews. That is simply an observation, and no, I'm not a Judeophile in case you're wondering. I doubt you'll care much about my observation, but you may.

Unfortunately for the Jews they have angered their God by killing the Messiah He sent them. They will continue to suffer persecution untlil Christ's return when a remnant will turn to the Lord and be saved.

those 2 statements don't seem connected -- the continuing persecution of jews in many different countries has no bearing on, and is not affected by criticism of israel. if you argue the premise as it relates to jewry world wide, then say so instead of trying to connect it to a completely separate fact set.

Forum List

Back