Jew hatred

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Is it just me or is anti-semitism off the charts, not just today, but throughout history.

For those who don't know, here is a list of persecution they have endured over the centuries. This is by no means a comprehensive list, it's just the high light reel.

70 AD The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem, killed over 1 million Jews, took about 100,000 into slavery, and scattered many from Palestine to other locations in the Roman Empire.

132 AD Bar Kochba led a hopeless 3 year revolt against the Roman Empire. About half a million Jews were killed, thousands sold into slavery and Judiasm was no longer recognized as a legal religion.

1146 The second Crusade began. A French monk, Rudolf, called for the destruction of the Jews.

1180 The French king, Phillip Augustus, arbitrarily seized all Jewish property and expelled the Jews from the country.

1215 The Fourth Lateran Council approved canon laws requiring that "Jews and Muslims shall wear a special dress". They also had to wear a badge in the form of a ring in order to distinguish them from everyone else.

1227 The Synod of Narbonne required Jews to wear an oval badge.

1259 A synod of the archdiocese in Mainz ordered Jews to wear yellow badges.

1267 The synod of Vienna ordered Jews to wear horned hats. Thomas Aquinas said that Jews should live in perpetual servitude.

1290 Jews were expelled from England.

1298 Jews were persecuted in Austria, Bavaria, and Franconia. 140 Jewish communities were destroyed, more than 100,000 Jews were killed over a 6 month period.

1306 100,000 Jews are exhiled from France.

1320 40.000 French shepherds went to Palestine on a Crusade as they burned alive 140 Jews alive at the stake along the way.

1321 In Guienne, France, Jews were accused of having incited criminials to poisen wells. 5,000 Jews were burned at the stake.

1338 The councilors of Freiburg banned the preformance of anti-Jewish scenes from the town's passions play because of the lethal bloody reactions against Jews which followed the performances.

1347 Jews were blamed for the Black Death in Europe. This was due to the fact that the Jews seemed immune to the disease, presumably because of their strict sanitary and dietary laws. The rumor was that Satan was protecting the Jews and that they were paying back the Devil by poisoning wells used by Christians. In Bavaria, 12,000 were killed, in Erfurt, 3,000 killed, in Fue Brulee, 2,000 killed, in Stausberg 2,000 Jews killed, in Maintz 6,000 killed, in Worms 400 killed.

1354 12,000 Jews were executed in Toledo.

1374 Jews were plundered, tortured, and murdered by the tens of thousands in Germany.

1394 Jews were exiled, for the second time, from France.

1434 Jewish men in Augsburg had to sew yellow buttons to their cloths. Jews across Europe were forced to wear long undergarment, and overcoat with a yellow patch, bells and tall pointed yellow hats with large buttons on them.

1497 Jews were banished from Portuagal.

1540 Jews were exiled from Naples.

1550 Jews were exiled from Genoa and Venice.

1555 The Catholic church commanded Jews to wear badges, and live in ghettos. They were not allowed to own property outside the ghetto. Living conditions were dreadful, over 3,000 people were forced to live in about 8 acres of land.

1582 Jews were expelled from Holland.

1648 Chmielnicki Bogdan led an uprising against Polish rule in the Ukraine. The secondary goal was to exterminate all Jews. About 100,000 Jews were killed.

1915 About 600,000 Jews were forcibly moved from the western borders of Russia towards the interior. About 100,000 died from exposure to the elements and starvation.

You know the rest. The Holocaust, was merely the climax. In fact, everything they suffered in Nazi Germany they had already suffered. It was just on a larger scale.

So what gives? Is this sort of persecution explainable? What other group of people have endured more........and survived?

anti-semitism has a history beyond what you catalogued and its roots can be boiled down to a few basic threads:

1. they aren't like us (and maybe they will oppose us)

2. they aren't like us and won't become like us, therefore they are rejecting who we are

3. they are different from us categorically and in an inherent way and that's not acceptable even if they do nothing

4. a member of their group is guilty of a particular action therefore the entire group is a problem

sadly, it predates Christianity (even as first use of the term "Jew" postdates the origin of the hatred by about 1000 years).

If you want to know why do you have always been hated and seen as an evil vile parasitic force that must be gotten rid of , read the Talmud

I am very familiar with the talmud so please, before you cut and paste the "quotes" that some website has posted, please reconsider. I can easily show you websites that refute those claims, quote by quote. So why don't you let those websites fight amongst themselves, and you try to come up with something a bit more original and thought out.

I take it your post was to Varelse?

I don’t believe it is easy or even possible to sum up the Jewish experience and how other peoples and nations have related to it. For me, personally, the unique inexplicable history of the Jewish people is evidence enough for the one true G-d and also for the evil one.

Satan infiltrates the minds of all man to some degree, it is the eternal trial / struggle we are all born to encounter. For the Christian faith, Christianity is remarkable unto itself how it has essentially civilized the Western world and beyond, educated the world, conquered the world and cared for the world. Our sins are manifest in the history books, but it would take many more words to make a defense. It was a great sin how the Jews were treated in every land they inhabited (esp. Christian ones), but this is (at least one way of looking at it) G-d’s way of showing the world even those who consider themselves fortunate sons of the truest religion can be just as sinful and wicked as those they accuse of being without the true faith. It humbles us all. But as I said, Christianity civilized the world and all benefited in looking upon their fellow man in a more humane way. We (modern man) are no holier or better than the barbarians of the middle ages, we have just benefited from history’s trials, the wisdom of educated men, and from the grace of God.

The Bible calls the Jews “the greatest of sinners” in some context, but did G-d take away His covenant with His chosen people? No. He chose a people to manifest His presence and reality, He did not choose the Jews because they were more holy or deserving. G-d also chose the Jews because from that race a messiah was to be born and save the world from itself. So this is what infuriated Satan and He has focused his hatred and persecution upon the Jewish race from time immemorial as a result.

Consequently, it comes as no revelation to me why the Jews have been so blessed, so brilliant in their accomplishments, so forebearing, and also so reviled and mistreated by the world.

Last edited:
I take it your post was to Varelse?

I don’t believe it is easy or even possible to sum up the Jewish experience and how other peoples and nations have related to it. For me, personally, the unique inexplicable history of the Jewish people is evidence enough for the one true G-d and also for the evil one.

Satan infiltrates the minds of all man to some degree, it is the eternal trial / struggle we are all born to encounter. For the Christian faith, Christianity is remarkable unto itself how it has essentially civilized the Western world and beyond, educated the world, conquered the world and cared for the world. Our sins are manifest in the history books, but it would take many more words to make a defense. It was a great sin how the Jews were treated in every land they inhabited (esp. Christian ones), but this is (at least one way of looking at it) G-d’s way of showing the world even those who consider themselves fortunate sons of the truest religion can be just as sinful and wicked as those they accuse of being without the true faith. It humbles us all. But as I said, Christianity civilized the world and all benefited in looking upon their fellow man in a more humane way. We (modern man) are no holier or better than the barbarians of the middle ages, we have just benefited from history’s trials, the wisdom of educated men, and from the grace of God.

The Bible calls the Jews “the greatest of sinners” in some context, but did G-d take away His covenant with His chosen people? No. He chose a people to manifest His presence and reality, He did not choose the Jews because they were more holy or deserving. G-d also chose the Jews because from that race a messiah was to be born and save the world from itself. So this is what infuriated Satan and He has focused his hatred and persecution upon the Jewish race from time immemorial as a result.

Consequently, it comes as no revelation to me why the Jews have been so blessed, so brilliant in their accomplishments, so forebearing, and also so reviled and mistreated by the world.

Yes. I was thinking of this in the Bible after you wrote this.

Revelation 12

And a great sign appeard in heaven a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of 12 stars. And she was with child and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth. And another sign appeared in heaven and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns and on his head were seven diadems. And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven, and threw them to earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour the child. And she gave birth to a son, a male child, sho is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. And the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there, she might be nourished for 1260 days..........And when the dragon saw that the woman was thrown down to earth, he persecuted her who gave birth to the male child. And the two wings of a great eagle were given to the woman, in order that she might fly into the wilderness to her pladce, where she was nourished for a tiem and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away by the flood. And the earth opened it's mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth. And the dragon was enraged with the woman and went to make war with the rest of her offspring."

Is it just me or is anti-semitism off the charts, not just today, but throughout history.

For those who don't know, here is a list of persecution they have endured over the centuries. This is by no means a comprehensive list, it's just the high light reel.

70 AD The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem, killed over 1 million Jews, took about 100,000 into slavery, and scattered many from Palestine to other locations in the Roman Empire.

132 AD Bar Kochba led a hopeless 3 year revolt against the Roman Empire. About half a million Jews were killed, thousands sold into slavery and Judiasm was no longer recognized as a legal religion.

1146 The second Crusade began. A French monk, Rudolf, called for the destruction of the Jews.

1180 The French king, Phillip Augustus, arbitrarily seized all Jewish property and expelled the Jews from the country.

1215 The Fourth Lateran Council approved canon laws requiring that "Jews and Muslims shall wear a special dress". They also had to wear a badge in the form of a ring in order to distinguish them from everyone else.

1227 The Synod of Narbonne required Jews to wear an oval badge.

1259 A synod of the archdiocese in Mainz ordered Jews to wear yellow badges.

1267 The synod of Vienna ordered Jews to wear horned hats. Thomas Aquinas said that Jews should live in perpetual servitude.

1290 Jews were expelled from England.

1298 Jews were persecuted in Austria, Bavaria, and Franconia. 140 Jewish communities were destroyed, more than 100,000 Jews were killed over a 6 month period.

1306 100,000 Jews are exhiled from France.

1320 40.000 French shepherds went to Palestine on a Crusade as they burned alive 140 Jews alive at the stake along the way.

1321 In Guienne, France, Jews were accused of having incited criminials to poisen wells. 5,000 Jews were burned at the stake.

1338 The councilors of Freiburg banned the preformance of anti-Jewish scenes from the town's passions play because of the lethal bloody reactions against Jews which followed the performances.

1347 Jews were blamed for the Black Death in Europe. This was due to the fact that the Jews seemed immune to the disease, presumably because of their strict sanitary and dietary laws. The rumor was that Satan was protecting the Jews and that they were paying back the Devil by poisoning wells used by Christians. In Bavaria, 12,000 were killed, in Erfurt, 3,000 killed, in Fue Brulee, 2,000 killed, in Stausberg 2,000 Jews killed, in Maintz 6,000 killed, in Worms 400 killed.

1354 12,000 Jews were executed in Toledo.

1374 Jews were plundered, tortured, and murdered by the tens of thousands in Germany.

1394 Jews were exiled, for the second time, from France.

1434 Jewish men in Augsburg had to sew yellow buttons to their cloths. Jews across Europe were forced to wear long undergarment, and overcoat with a yellow patch, bells and tall pointed yellow hats with large buttons on them.

1497 Jews were banished from Portuagal.

1540 Jews were exiled from Naples.

1550 Jews were exiled from Genoa and Venice.

1555 The Catholic church commanded Jews to wear badges, and live in ghettos. They were not allowed to own property outside the ghetto. Living conditions were dreadful, over 3,000 people were forced to live in about 8 acres of land.

1582 Jews were expelled from Holland.

1648 Chmielnicki Bogdan led an uprising against Polish rule in the Ukraine. The secondary goal was to exterminate all Jews. About 100,000 Jews were killed.

1915 About 600,000 Jews were forcibly moved from the western borders of Russia towards the interior. About 100,000 died from exposure to the elements and starvation.

You know the rest. The Holocaust, was merely the climax. In fact, everything they suffered in Nazi Germany they had already suffered. It was just on a larger scale.

So what gives? Is this sort of persecution explainable? What other group of people have endured more........and survived?
And when jews do the same thing the nazis did, are they still persecuted?

I do like that offering, there are definite parallels to what the Jewish race has endured.

As I already noted, G-d chose the Jewish people through which he would make Himself known to the world. If the world cannot recognize this, it just follows a pattern of other blindness or denials. We all possess a portion of that, surely, but too much of it upon too many.

Last edited:
I do like that offering, there are definite paralells to what the Jewish race has endured.

As I already noted, G-d chose the Jewish people through which he would make Himself known to the world. If the world cannot recognize this, it just follows a pattern of other blindness or denials. We all possess a portion of that, surely, but too much for too many.
God did not choose Israeli's.

That would be like praying to St. Charles Manson.

I do like that offering, there are definite paralells to what the Jewish race has endured.

As I already noted, G-d chose the Jewish people through which he would make Himself known to the world. If the world cannot recognize this, it just follows a pattern of other blindness or denials. We all possess a portion of that, surely, but too much for too many.
God did not choose Israeli's.

That would be like praying to St. Charles Manson.

It didn't take many posts for you to establish your "credibility" on this subject.

Forum List

Back