Jeter....Unanimous???

He doesn't get my vote.

Fine with me if he gets into the Hall of Fame...but not with 100% of the votes.

Here's why:

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
View attachment 301785brandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No ...

Soooo.....Jeter lost my respect, and my vote.

We'll see how he makes it....tonight.

The fan who gave it back showed class, so did Jeter

Jeter was a great player but not the best Shortstop I have seen in my lifetime

Ripken and ARod were better

He doesn't get my vote.

Fine with me if he gets into the Hall of Fame...but not with 100% of the votes.

Here's why:

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
View attachment 301785brandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...

Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No ...

Soooo.....Jeter lost my respect, and my vote.

We'll see how he makes it....tonight.

Brandon Steiner, the CEO of Steiner Sports, which works with the Yankees selling memorabilia, said Lopez was given tickets to the rest of the team's 32 home games, worth at least $44,800.

The freebies include four tix for the uber-pricey Legend section for one game, worth a total of $6,000, then four tickets for each of the rest of the games in the stadium's Championship section, where seats go for $350.

Lopez was sitting in a $65 seat when he caught Jeter's massive home-run hit.

The captain himself gave Lopez three signed bats, three signed balls and three signed jerseys.

Steiner said he initially pegged the 3,000-hit ball itself at $100,000.

The kid who caught the ball is a real fan who refused to commercialize the ball

Anyone who has followed Jeter throughout his career knows he’s fake class personified. I’ll sleep well knowing it’s eating him alive that he didn’t get in unanimously

Forum List

Back