Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

John 14:15-17
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

John 17:14
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Last edited:
The name of Jesus is powerful. Jesus is the one who will judge everyone.
Yeah? Where does it say that?
The Gospel of John chapter 5. There are many others, but start there. If you need more do some research.
This one?
"For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man" (John 5:26-27).
Gospel of John Chapter 5- Commentary - Cooper Abrams

That does not say YHWH will not judge anyone. In fact it says YHWH too will judge. I think the bull shit filter has failed there.

Last edited:
The name of Jesus is powerful. Jesus is the one who will judge everyone.
Yeah? Where does it say that?
The Gospel of John chapter 5. There are many others, but start there. If you need more do some research.
This one?
"For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man" (John 5:26-27).
Gospel of John Chapter 5- Commentary - Cooper Abrams

That does not say YHWH will not judge anyone. In fact it says YHWH too will judge. I think the bull shit filter has failed there.
I suggest a reading comprehension class. Read John 5:22 again. YHWH is the Lord Jesus Christ, not the Father. Wanna take a little stroll through Revelation Chapter one?

Last edited:
Well look at that

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:”
JOHN 5:22 KJV "For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

a contradiction, in the same chapter. Which one you gonna believe? Must be a tricky one for you.

"For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man" Gospel of John Chapter 5- Commentary - Cooper Abrams

As to there being many others, I hadn't realised the synoptic gospels gave that version.

Jesus must have been malodorously offensive as he had no Axe body spray. P-YEW!!!!

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

Because Satan is the king of the world

Because Satan is the king of the world
Naw, he's just Baron's father. :biggrin:

Satan is the Father of Jews.

John 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
So the author was an anti-semite. So what? What else is new?

Yep, God rejected Jews as own folk and choose another one ( Christians )
How convenient. How do you know that that's what god did?

Forum List

Back