jesus ween.... oh good lord

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
christians have assimilated just about every pagan holiday as their own over the centuries. Now they are looking to assimilate Halloween.

Here comes jesus ween. Don't give out candy... give out bibles. :eek:

Jesus Ween participants are expected to hand out Bibles and other Christian gifts in "a friendly way", according to a promotional video. Instead of costumes, participants are supposed to wear white, to symbolize righteousness.

'Jesus Ween': Christian Group Promotes Godly Alternative To Halloween

christians have assimilated just about every pagan holiday as their own over the centuries. Now they are looking to assimilate Halloween.

Here comes jesus ween. Don't give out candy... give out bibles. :eek:

Jesus Ween participants are expected to hand out Bibles and other Christian gifts in "a friendly way", according to a promotional video. Instead of costumes, participants are supposed to wear white, to symbolize righteousness.

'Jesus Ween': Christian Group Promotes Godly Alternative To Halloween

participants are supposed to wear white

Maybe it's just me, but I can see this part going horribly wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Who are these uneducated morons?

November 1 is All Saints' Day and the word Halloween originated from 'hallowed' and 'eve', as the holy night before All Saints' Day, a holy day of obligation.

Even a little bit of history would be good for morons.

• Banned

November 1 is All Saints' Day and the word Halloween originated from 'hallowed' and 'eve', as the holy night before All Saints' Day, a holy day of obligation.

Ive not looked this up...so i may be wrong..

I was under the impression that christians way back when..... started all saints day to counter Halloween.

Ive not looked this up...so i may be wrong..

I was under the impression that christians way back when..... started all saints day to counter Halloween.
Hmmm. I can't say. I can say that I learned that both in grammar school and catechism (or from some other Church source). And I remembered it because I thought it was pretty cool to know.

• Banned
yep....

During the first century the Romans invaded Britain. They brought with them many of their festivals and customs. One of these was the festival know as Pomona Day, named for their goddess of fruits and gardens. It was also celebrated around the 1st of November. After hundreds of years of Roman rule the customs of the Celtic's Samhain festival and the Roman Pomona Day
mixed becoming 1 major fall holiday.

The next influence came with the spread of the new Christian religion throughout Europe and Britain. In the year 835 AD the Roman Catholic Church would make November 1st a church holiday to honor all the saints. This day was called All Saint's Day, or Hallowmas, or All Hallows. Years later the Church would make November 2nd a holy day. It was called All Souls
Day and was to honor the dead. It was celebrated with big bonfires, parades, and people dressing up as saints, angels and devils.

But the spread of Christianity did not make people forget their early customs. On the eve of All Hallows, Oct. 31, people continued to celebrate the festival of Samhain and Pomona Day. Over the years the customs from all these holidays mixed. October 31st became known as All Hallow Even, eventually All Hallow's Eve, Hallowe'en, and then - Halloween.

History of Halloween, All Saints Day, Days of the Dead/Historias de Halloween,Dias De Los Muertos

Cool I thought that's what it was.

This group who started this is ignorant, clearly.

Yep.... funny as hell though. I could not bear to even put this in religion.

:lol:
It is pretty funny..."Jesusween". :lol: From the sound of it, I thought it had something to do with breast-feeding Jesus.

I thought to myself, "Woah, who cares about that? Then, "Who the hell looks into something like that?" Then, I had to look.

:lmao:

Cool I thought that's what it was.

This group who started this is ignorant, clearly.

Yep.... funny as hell though. I could not bear to even put this in religion.

:lol:
It is pretty funny..."Jesusween". :lol: From the sound of it, I thought it had something to do with breast-feeding Jesus.

I thought to myself, "Woah, who cares about that? Then, "Who the hell looks into something like that?" Then, I had to look.

:lmao:

When i heard it.... lmao

The thought that came into my head.... we have to worship jesus' weenie now?

jesusdog.jpg

Forum List

Back