Jesus was one of those 47%

No, he didn't take money from the government, silly.

He had sponsors who were happy to support him.

1) He paid taxes in the scriptures
2) He spent years as a carpenter before beginning His ministry.
3) At no point did He take government assistance or encourage anyone else to.

Jesus was an great guy...very fair and very honest...never was greedy...you won't find many like him so don't insult him people

1) He paid taxes in the scriptures
2) He spent years as a carpenter before beginning His ministry.
3) At no point did He take government assistance or encourage anyone else to.

It says he was the son of a carpenter and that he studied at the temple. Not that he actually worked as a carpenter.

And the correct translation is handyman not carpenter.

There was government assistance back then?

I do admire him for running the money changers from the temple, and he was crucified for that.

Last edited:
His work includes healing lepers, giving sight to those that were blind, straightening crippled legs, bringing back dead children, wiping away tears and fears, and dying on a cross to save souls.
Are you upset that He didn't sling hash at the Jerusalem Diner in His time off?

His work includes healing lepers, giving sight to those that were blind, straightening crippled legs, bringing back dead children, wiping away tears and fears, and dying on a cross to save souls.
Are you upset that He didn't sling hash at the Jerusalem Diner in His time off?

You forget that he was a winemaker as well.
And fed people fishes and loaves who were too stupid to bring any food with them.

So people who dont know the scriptures are prepared to say they know how Christ would think?

You openly speak of the fact that you dont know Christ and we are expected to believe you know how He thinks, despite the scriptures contradicting you?

So people who dont know the scriptures are prepared to say they know how Christ would think?

You openly speak of the fact that you dont know Christ and we are expected to believe you know how He thinks, despite the scriptures contradicting you?

I spent the first 16 years of my life heavially involved in church.
I know the bible, I also know the bullshit that is religion.

Real Christians are fine folks and I call a few friends. I only know of a few though. Most use religion for their own purposes, those I have no respect for as far as their religion goes.

I know of one and maybe 2 real Christians on here.
One is ridiculed by the other supposed christians.

Please show any scriptures that contradict what I posted here.

Miracles do not quite fall under the definition of work to me.

Last edited:
IN other words a deadbeat.
Where in the bible does it actually speak of him doing work?
Well, we know from oral tradition that he learned carpentry in his earthly father's shop, plus when he was 12 years old, his scriptural knowledge amazed the elders in a synagogue.

He did all things well, uscitizen. That is the consensus of the writings of those who knew his disciples who spoke of his adult life, spent following the will of the God of Abraham.

IMO - Jesus was a helluva guy. Nothing more, nothing less. And he would curse modern politics.

IN other words a deadbeat.
Where in the bible does it actually speak of him doing work?
Well, we know from oral tradition that he learned carpentry in his earthly father's shop, plus when he was 12 years old, his scriptural knowledge amazed the elders in a synagogue.

He did all things well, uscitizen. That is the consensus of the writings of those who knew his disciples who spoke of his adult life, spent following the will of the God of Abraham.

Yep he ran the money changers out of the temple and never spoke of giving him "seed money".
I do not believe that jesus was or is god or nor do I believe in any supreme being or afterlife.
But Jesus was a humanist well ahead of his time.

But he still was a mooch.
Who got sent to temple becuase he was not much help to his father as a carpenter.

Forum List

Back