Jesus was not the Messiah

Are you going to answer the question or not?

*Points up one post*

I know critical thinking and reasoning are not your strong suits, but it really is a simple matter and I think you can figure out if you try.

Most of those people, when asked, will tell you they are Christian first, and then will tell you their denomination.

Like how many people will say they're liberals then turn around and praise the nanny state? Or how people say they're 'american conservatives' and anti-big government and then vote GOP party line all day?

They don't know what the words mean, they don't know what they believe because they don't think, and they just kinda make it up as they go along.

Christianity is NOT a specific denomination.

There are no 'denominations' in 'true' Christianity actually based upon the bible. There are only 'denominations' in neochrtistianity

So again, who are you accusing of advocating rape, slavery and stoning children to death? The 2+ Billion neo-Christians in the world or these fictitious, non-existent true Christians?

Last edited:
Christianity is NOT a specific denomination.

There are no 'denominations' in 'true' Christianity actually based upon the bible. There are only 'denominations' in neochrtistianity

So again, who are you accusing of advocating rape, slavery and stoning children to death? The 2+ Billion neo-Christians in the world or these ficticious, non-existent true Christians?

I already explained this to you. Anyone who advocates the bible, 'god's law', (including the '10 commandments' or any Jesus is alleged to have said) is advocating slavery, genocide, and stoning disobedient children to death by advocating that which demands it. If they're too stupid and dishonest to realize that, it merely highlights their own stupidity and ignorance and demonstrates why they must not be allowed any influence in a civil and just society or state.

Christianity, by word definitions, is a follower of christ ... specifically the one named Jesus. The core belief system hinges only on that.

So now JB is claiming that Jesus advocated slavery, rape and stoning children to death. :eusa_eh:

bwahahahahahahahaha!
:rofl:

The ironic thing is that JB doesn't seem to factor in the simple fact that slavery in the past is nothing like what we think of it today.

There are 224 million Christians in the United States.

Seems like they would have 'dominated' and 'destroyed' already if that was the aim.

The true message of the Gospel delivers freedom, not domination. The Christian faith has no desire to control anything, however, many churches have become businesses, and do make an effort to control their communities and members. that is sad but true. As I usually put it, "The local church is not the TRUE CHURCH, but the local needs the TRUE CHURCH."

How many times has this shown up? All the things wrong with christianity are not really problems, since they are not REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs. REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs are perfect and beautiful and good.
Disclaimer: REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs may vary church to church and may not be the same for all people. Subject to terms and conditions as applicable by whatever situation I have already deemed appropriate and moral but henceforth I am obligated to claim to have derived my moral judgement from REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs. REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs are not intended in anyway to construe other christian beliefs as wrong, but merely assert that only REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs are right. Any disputes as to the terms and conditions of REAL CHRISTIAN beliefs will be dismissed and are not subject to arbitration from any outside source except the bible as interpreted by REAL CHRISTIAN belief adherents. Equal Opportunity Discriminator.​

(In the voice of the Samoan Attourney From 'Fear and Loathing')

'As your Attourney...I'd advise you to add the following admendment to your Disclaimer: Family members of the Church are not qualified. Void in Utah!"

The ironic thing is that JB doesn't seem to factor...

Actually, what JB doesn't factor is that he's not even 1/10 as smart as he thinks he is.

He clearly has no fucking clue about what real, practicing Christians believe. He misinterprets a few biblical passages and uses it to indict over 2 billion people worldwide. If there is a clearer case of ignorant douchbaggery I haven't seen it.

The ironic thing is that JB doesn't seem to factor...

Actually, what JB doesn't factor is that he's not even 1/10 as smart as he thinks he is.

He clearly has no fucking clue about what real, practicing Christians believe. He misinterprets a few biblical passages and uses it to indict over 2 billion people worldwide. If there is a clearer case of ignorant douchbaggery I haven't seen it.

Actually Mani, it's more of a case where he's more like Fred Phelps than a true Christian. He likes to take 1 small point (out of context I might add), and use that to "prove" his point.

JB, remember this.........most of the things that you are quoting are from the OT, and unless you're Jewish and have a Rabbi there to help you interpret it, you're gonna get the wrong idea.

The Bible is the ultimate game of telephone people. It was translated (OT) from Hebrew to Greek, then to Latin and finally to English.

You can't possibly tell me that all 4 translations are exact. There is too many versions of the Bible in English floating around to make this possible.

Check with a Rabbi JB, you'll see how fucked your ideas are.

JB, remember this.........most of the things that you are quoting are from the OT

It still must be obeyed
http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ew-testament-moral-judgments.html#post1400822
and unless you're Jewish and have a Rabbi there to help you interpret it, you're gonna get the wrong idea.

What happened to the 'holy spirit'?

The Bible is the ultimate game of telephone people. It was translated (OT) from Hebrew to Greek, then to Latin and finally to English.

So you assert that the scriptures are unreliable (and therefore not trustworthy as an authoritive source in lack of other evidence)?

Your appeal to authority reveals your inability to respond in any meaningful way

JB, remember this.........most of the things that you are quoting are from the OT

It still must be obeyed
http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ew-testament-moral-judgments.html#post1400822
and unless you're Jewish and have a Rabbi there to help you interpret it, you're gonna get the wrong idea.

What happened to the 'holy spirit'?

So you assert that the scriptures are unreliable (and therefore not trustworthy as an authoritive source in lack of other evidence)?

Your appeal to authority reveals your inability to respond in any meaningful way

The Holy Spirit exists, but it doesn't necessarily interpret the Bible for you. That is a myth.

I assert the scriptures as they appear in the KJV are unreliable. However, the original form of the OT is the Torah (first 5 books), as well as the history of the Jewish people. Of course you should go to a Rabbi to have them give you the true meaning. It's their book.

I'm not "appealing to authority" either. If you want to fix your car, you go to a mechanic, not a carpenter or a cook. If you want the true meaning of the OT, go to the people that wrote it, i.e. the Jews.

Anyone who advocates the bible, 'god's law', (including the '10 commandments' or any Jesus is alleged to have said) is advocating slavery, genocide, and stoning disobedient children to death by advocating that which demands it. "

The Bible is a book of spiritual growth. It took people from spiritual infancy to spiritual adulthood. There are all the stages represented. There are examples mistakes as well as how to be blessed.
The 10 Commandments are the only rules given to man (if followed) would keep peace between all peoples. They did not discriminate, they applied to every person.
It is true the Lord told His people to commit genocide; it was for peoples that were evil and that broke the laws. The story of Sodom and Gamorrah (sp) demonstrated that those peoples had no problem with raping total strangers and telling people that were sheltering them to be cooperative.

Slavery (manmade) was given rules to protect the slaves (at that time, people would give themselves into slavery to pay debts or if they could not survive on their own), in some cases there was a time limit on how long a slave could be owned.

Children that did not listen to their parents were a danger to their family and their community (this is also true today, but we choose to overlook it). It was a matter of survival that a family, a community lived and defended itself together as a unit. If one betrayed them it could mean destruction for all.

Yes, there are terrible things in the Bible. They are there to demonstrate the influence of evil, how it can hurt men and the power of the LORD. You cannot read a story from the Old Testament that displayed the LORD's wrath and NOT appreciate the absolute power and glory of the LORD. If you want to see the LORD treat a man like a tempermental child, read Jonah. If you want to see examples of his gifts and blessings read Daniel or about Joseph Jacob or Israel's son). If you want to see the influence of Yeshua, look at the formation of this country and the rights that were guaranteed by "the Creator".

Yeshua, made the new covenant, when men were born with the knowledge of the LORD on their hearts. He made it easier to be forgiven (just ask, sincerely), he made it easier to gain eternal life. He not only performed miracles and spoke with authority on spiritual matter; He gave that gift to his apostles thru the Holy Spirit to do the same thing. What human leader ever did that??? If He was just a man, why did people believe his teachings for centuries, even today? Charles Manson declared himself 'the son of man', why don't people follow his teachings? In all the examples of a person declaring themselves a diety, why do they no longer having anyone following them? The knowledge is on the heart, it is not in the head. Today, evil tries to seperate a person from their heart and distract them with entertainments that leave them empty and longing. Only the LORD will fill the void and make them whole. Every knee will bend before Yeshua when He returns to rule. How would you be judged (by HIM, we have no power to judge life)?

If you want to see what the world looks like without Christianity, look at the treatment of people in the USSR, China, Cambodia, Cuba, and currently Venuzuela. More people were killed in those countries in a few decades, than were killed "in the name of"/by Christianity over centuries and centuries.

The original post makes the wrong request IMO.

Post empirical proof that consciousness can exist in the absence of a physical mind.

Forum List

Back