Jesus was a liberal? & Thou Shalt Not Kill

I'm not a scientist (at least not formally), Eric, but there are animal behavioral scientists who disagree with your veterinarian friend. Of course, that's the nature of the progression of science: evidence accumulates for all possible theories until the evidence reaches a point where only one theory is creditable. Even then it's a theory open to change if new evidence is presented. The nature/nurture debate hasn't even reached the stage where one theory demonstrates a preponderance of evidence in it's favor. Unfortunately many scientists forget this fact somehow, claiming that current knowledge represents some sort of absolute even in the face of having an 'established theory' be proved wrong so often through history (eg the flat earth, spontaneous generation of life, etc).

And dmp, yes, I would think that were I a dolphin I could tell the difference between a male and female of my own species. Can't be sure of that but it stands to reason that there are cues that they pick up on. Tho sometimes I have a problem telling if a human across the room is a guy or girl these days :) And remember too that as much as we like to pretend otherwise, humans are animals, albeit ones with higher powers of reasoning than other forms on the planet (for now) but animals nonetheless.

Originally posted by Joan
Sexual identity is wired into the genes, which discounts the concept that homosexuality and transgender sexuality are a choice, California researchers reported on Monday.

Joan,

Have you seen the study regarding identical twins and homosexuality? I can't remember the number of twins that was studied, but when one of the identical twins was homosexual, the other twin was only homosexual 54% of the time - about half. So if sexual identity was truly wired in the genes, as this study wants to prove, then this number would be 100%. Obviously, there is choice involved.

Interesting also that identical twins raised together tend to be more different from each other than twins raised apart (adopted, etc). Just tossing that out there :)

Never knowing any identical twins where one is homosexual and the other is not, I cannot truly answer your question. I just cannot fathom that anyone would choose this lifestyle and all the negativity that comes along with it. As I've stated previously, I work in a large corporation, and we have quite a few there, and I've found them on the whole to be very caring, sensitive people. As long as they don't try to change my way of thinking and keep their sex lives to themselves, it doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, male homosexuals make very good friends. I have one male friend who left the company over 2 years ago and moved to London, and we still keep in touch at least once a month. In my eyes, he is a great guy and as long as he isn't hurting anyone else, what he does behind closed doors is none of my business.

P.S.
James - I think Jerome is a homo - he will hump anyone (or anything for that matter)!!

As I've stated previously, I work in a large corporation, and we have quite a few there, and I've found them on the whole to be very caring, sensitive people.

P.S.
James - I think Jerome is a homo - he will hump anyone (or anything for that matter)!!

Ahhhh, such sensitive people (said with a lisp) :p

Nope, Jerome only humps you! If he was a homo, that means he thinks like a girl, and that would make him a lesbian if he humps you! Are you a lesbian? :D

Never knowing any identical twins where one is homosexual and the other is not, I cannot truly answer your question. I just cannot fathom that anyone would choose this lifestyle and all the negativity that comes along with it. As I've stated previously, I work in a large corporation, and we have quite a few there, and I've found them on the whole to be very caring, sensitive people. As long as they don't try to change my way of thinking and keep their sex lives to themselves, it doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, male homosexuals make very good friends. I have one male friend who left the company over 2 years ago and moved to London, and we still keep in touch at least once a month. In my eyes, he is a great guy and as long as he isn't hurting anyone else, what he does behind closed doors is none of my business.

Nobody is discounting the quality of their character - People who choose the homosexual lifestyle are no better/worse than anyone else who has given themselves to a reprobate mind. Homosexuality is NOT persecuted in today's society. "The Media" would have us believe it's completely natural - and GOOD. It's MUCH MUCH (Extra 'much' added for emphasis...doesn't change the meaning. In fact, even 'much' doesn't change the actual meaning of 'it's harder to be... Most of us simply add words for the sake of our own voices, words, etc., which reminds me...) harder to be openly CHRISTIAN than openly Homosexual today.

The "As long as he doesn't hurt anyone else" argument really (again, the word 'really' was added in an attempt to strengthen my thought that the argument -) bothers me.

Consensual sex between a 16 yr old and a 19 year old doesn't hurt anyone else. Hitting acid when I get home from work doesn't hurt anyone else. :-/

What - are you now telling us that you're an acid hitting faggot that commits statutory rape?:cool:

Consensual sex between a 16 yr old and a 19 year old doesn't hurt anyone else. Hitting acid when I get home from work doesn't hurt anyone else.

And I can't really say that there's anything wrong with either one, as long as they're not hurting anyone else.

The sex... eh, that's a toughie. How old is old enough? I dunno, but when my roommate was 19, his girlfriend was 16 (though she looks older), and I wouldn't consider him a rapist or anything.

As for drugs, as long as you're not hurting anyone else, if you're dumb enough to want to drop acid or shoot heroin, I think you should be allowed to.

I never forget about that! ;)

Nah, to be honest, I've been around people who were high from smoking pot, and I don't see why it's illegal at all. I've seen probably 50 people get in fights when they're drunk, never seen a high person fight. And I don't buy the "gateway drug" excuse, if you're going to smoke a joint and decide to do other drugs, then the want to do the others was already there, be it conciously or subconciously.

Gotta agree with you there! more die from drinking and driving than smoking pot!

homosaywhat? :D

I always wanted to fight when I was stoned, I was just much too lazy to get off the couch with my pizza to do anything!

And isn't that the truth!!!!! don't forget about the red bulb too! and better yet - the talking FISH! hehehehehehehe!

Do you think maybe it's those that smoke pot that could be causing you to be a FAG???? You can't think straight? :)

Do you think maybe it's those that smoke pot that could be causing you to be a FAG???? You can't think straight?
Hey, that joke wasn't half bad!

Nope, it was all bad!

HAW HAW HAW!:p

Forum List

Back