Jesus saves?

Hate to tell ya RGS, but if you actually looked at the Hebrew meaning of the word "heavens" and "heaven", they are both the same thing.

No, Yeshua wasn't a liar, it's the people that keep trying to force their views with HIS words that are.

And yet he said what he said. go figure. Elijah was not sent to heaven, read the bible. no one goes anywhere until Judgement day. We all die and go into the ground. There to stay till Judgement day.

Sin. Satan believes in Jesus, so salvation is not just a "belief in him".

SO, he saves you from 'sin' (sin already committed by you I assume) and I guess what he is REALLY saving you from is the punishment that sin would get you, no? But isn't God who would punish you?

As in Jesus will save you from his Dad's wrath?
(or from his own wrath is you think Jesus and God are the same thing)

I can see you've never had children. :eusa_whistle:

What a funny comment! I don't understand, don't parents ask questions?
Or does becoming a parent answer a host of theological questions?

Regardless, what do you think Jesus is saving you from, if not God?

I find it curious that rational people still insist on beating each other up using words of a book written long after the events were supposed to have happened, handpicked by a group of politically and financially motivated old men, and translated far from it's original meaning. It's very like a faith based on The Lord of the Flies. It has morals, yes. It's a good story. But to quote it as truth you MUST live by else you are damned is a bit insane, wouldn't you think? Sorry, I'll butt out now.

Sometimes it is just about clarifying the opinion of another... so I can understand how someone with a different point of view thinks, what logic (or illogic) they use, etc.

It's not always necessary to break a chair over anyone's head!

And yet he said what he said. go figure. Elijah was not sent to heaven, read the bible. no one goes anywhere until Judgement day. We all die and go into the ground. There to stay till Judgement day.

Well, unfortunately, there have been over 2000 years since He was running around the Earth. Just like everyone else famous who says something decent (remember the "you're no Jack Kennedy" statement), there are going to be others that are going to try to twist things around to suit their own needs and desires. And that, is where LOTS gets lost in the translation.

Oh yeah......for those of you that think Jesus WAS God? Well.....ya may wish to check on that again. When asked when He would return, He said "no one knows the day, only the Father", which means that since Jesus DIDN'T know, and only God did, they are not the same person. Kinda like you're a part of your family, but you and your father are 2 different people.

Oh yeah......when Jesus pointed to His chest and stated "the Kingdom of God is within", He was stating the obvious (from a Jewish perspective). Jewish theology states that our souls are actually pieces of God Himself that He'd carved out from under His Throne. So.....that basically means that we've all got the potential in EACH OF US to become like God and Jesus. And.....if you think that looking at things from a Jewish perspective is wrong, remember.......

Jesus was a Jew.

SO, he saves you from 'sin' (sin already committed by you I assume) and I guess what he is REALLY saving you from is the punishment that sin would get you, no? But isn't God who would punish you?

As in Jesus will save you from his Dad's wrath?
(or from his own wrath is you think Jesus and God are the same thing)
GOD dont punish, he turns you over to the destroyer(Satan). GOD even found a use for Lucifer even after his fall........

GOD dont punish, he turns you over to the destroyer(Satan). GOD even found a use for Lucifer even after his fall........

Wrong yet again While Lying, God doesn't "turn you over to the destroyer(Satan)", what happens is whenever you do something against God, or His Will, the PROSECUTOR, which is Satan, goes to God and states what you did. Satan can't tell on you until AFTER you do something. Generally, the punishment meted out for that is death of some kind.

Kinda explains John 3:16 eh?

Wrong yet again While Lying, God doesn't "turn you over to the destroyer(Satan)", what happens is whenever you do something against God, or His Will, the PROSECUTOR, which is Satan, goes to God and states what you did. Satan can't tell on you until AFTER you do something. Generally, the punishment meted out for that is death of some kind.

Kinda explains John 3:16 eh?
1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one to Satan for the destruction(destroyer) of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Its a sin for me to call you FOOL, but i call a spade a spade.. John 3:16 is the Golden Rule of Salvation... Satan injects the sin idea in to your mind, its up to you(GOD given freewill) to act on it or ignore it, and on top of incouraging sin, he then goes and snitches on you... lol hallelujah GOD tells Satan, that boys marked and covered by the blood of my SON(JESUS THE CHRIST) now get on outta my court room you ambulance chaser lol
Aslan1.jpg

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one to Satan for the destruction(destroyer) of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Its a sin for me to call you FOOL, but i call a spade a spade.. John 3:16 is the Golden Rule of Salvation... Satan injects the sin idea in to your mind, its up to you(GOD given freewill) to act on it or ignore it, and on top of incouraging sin, he then goes and snitches on you... lol hallelujah GOD tells Satan, that boys marked and covered by the blood of my SON(JESUS THE CHRIST) now get on outta my court room you ambulance chaser lol
Aslan1.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what translation of the Bible are you using.....

New American Standard Idiot?

It's in the Torah dipshit. Get a clue.

Hate to disagree...but I have to point out that אליהו, according to the Torah, ascended into heaven. He did not die. And I have read the bible. Both testaments, In Hebrew and English...and I cannot for the life of me find where it says we all stay in purgatory until Judgement day. Could you point me to the passage?
I can easily admit when I am wrong, and I am not as well versed in the NT as I am the OT :)

But I had to point out your incorrect statement on Eliyahu. Cheers!

Considering Satan in Hebrew means adversary, wouldn't Satan's concept role be adversarial, not prosecutorial?

Considering Satan in Hebrew means adversary, wouldn't Satan's concept role be adversarial, not prosecutorial?

What I've learned according to the rabbis on the Universal Torah Network (good site by the way), they all say that the SaTan's job is to be the prosecutor. But, he's also the executioner, which is why he's also called the angel of Death.

Forum List

Back