Jesus said: "I didn't come to bring peace, I bring division"

You are still a dumbfuck ding. Sorry.
I couldn’t be happier for you to believe that.

#winning
Considering you couldn't possibly make anyone happy yourself, that probably is "winning" to you..
I couldn’t be happier for you to believe that too, TN.

Your displeasure is showing.
My ancestors killed your jesus lol
We all killed Christ.
You didn't kill shit dumbfuck. Your great times 21 grandmother didn't even want you ding
You are nothing.

I couldn’t be happier for you to believe that.

#winning
Considering you couldn't possibly make anyone happy yourself, that probably is "winning" to you..
I couldn’t be happier for you to believe that too, TN.

Your displeasure is showing.
My ancestors killed your jesus lol
We all killed Christ.
You didn't kill shit dumbfuck. Your great times 21 grandmother didn't even want you ding
You are nothing.
Everyone who has ever sinned is the author of his death.

He suffered death for our sins. Ergo we all killed Christ.

Father against son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother, good American conservative patriot against good American conservative patriot....

Father against son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother, good American conservative patriot against good American conservative patriot....
Yep. It’s all part of the conflict and confusion process necessary to discover objective truth.

Yep. It’s all part of the conflict and confusion process necessary to discover objective truth.

If I were more of a believer, I'd be pretty damned convinced this heated disagreement was predicted over 2,000 years ago.

But I'm not getting involved in a pissing contest between two skunks. :laughing0301:

If I were more of a believer, I'd be pretty damned convinced this heated disagreement was predicted over 2,000 years ago.

But I'm not getting involved in a pissing contest between two skunks. :laughing0301:
It doesn’t need to be that way.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to piss like skunks.

Really it comes down to how truth is discovered. Truth is eventually discovered because error cannot stand. Eventually error fails.

#2: Yes, this is Jesus projecting problems everyone has with familial Oedipus. But this projection oby Jesus of division masks a more complex issue in the scrutiny of time, for we now see the reason there is a father-son division that fronts as the same entity (supposedly caring for people): it is because of the nature of time itself. A god that is present in itself is impossible. A self-identity of presence is impossible a priori.

'An interval must separate the present from what it is in order for the present to be itself, but this interval that constitutes is as present must, by the same token, divide the present in and of itself, thereby also dividing, along with the present, everything that is thought on the basis of the present.
'In constituting itself, in dividing itself dynamically, this interval is what might be called (spacing [italics]), the becoming-space of time or the becoming-time of space (temporization). And it is this constitution of the present, as an 'originary' and irreducibly nonsimple (and therefore, stricto sensu nonoriginiary) synthesis of marks....that I propose to call arch-writing, arche-trace, or (difference [it.]).'
(Derrida, Margins of Philosophy p. 13-14)

For Derrida, the unconditional is the spacing of time that undermines the very idea of a sovereign instance.

Jesus said: "I didn't come to bring peace, I bring division.

This is probably one of Jesus' hardest teachings to accept.

Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Followers of mine shall not walk in darkness; they shall have the light of life."

God said, let there be light, and there was light; and God saw that the light was good, and he divided light from darkness.

God said let there be a vault between the waters to divide water from water. So God made the vault and divided the water under the vault from the water above it, and so it was. and God called the vault heaven.

God said let there be lights in the vault of heaven to divide day from night......God put these lights in the vault of heaven to divide light from darkness.

What Jesus is saying is he doesn't bring peace in this world, only peace in the next world.
If that were the case why did Jesus say to pray it be in the earth as it is is heaven? Do you think the war in heaven was allowed to continue through eternity?

Per your first post you are in error as you are thinking about the earthly flesh and leaving no space for the Spirit. If you walk in the Spirit you will start understanding that you do not want those crappy things that gave birth to objectionable things within your spirit. Why did Jesus tell Peter his father was a devil when Jesus told his disciples what would happen to himself? You think he was talking about Peter's earthly father? If so you are in error.

The best part of 'religious experience' is personal revelation. The worst part is when it is sought to inflict such personal revelation on others.

There's two things about judgment in the Bible that seems inconsistent.

The Prodigal Son parable says, God will let us come back to him and he will forgive us no matter what we've done, no matter how much we've turned our back on him.

The Foolish Bridesmaids parable says, if you're not ready when Jesus comes, you will go to hell.
What makes you think the Parable of the Prodigal Son is about you or your contemporaries?

What makes you think the foolish virgins represent you or your contemporaries?

Yes, that is the passage they read this last Sunday at Mass.

It really makes you think that the world Christians would like to have is not really possible, and Jesus said so in the very beginning.

I raised my three children in the Catholic Church, but none of them attend Mass on Sunday.

I've been blaming myself, but after this Gospel reading I realize that maybe I did the best I could.

You can't control people. That is all Jesus is saying.

If that were the case why did Jesus say to pray it be in the earth as it is is heaven?

Jesus was referring to the fact, according to the story, that Satan, a religious deceiver, was condemned by God as the lowest of all lowlifes, lower than cattle and the wild beasts of the field. That is how it goes in heaven.

Here on earth Satan is elevated and praised by throngs of adoring morons. He could a president or a pope, a petty tyrant, a mullah, a ceo, a sheriff, a politician, or a preacher. Or he could be none of those people. Its up to the people.

Look for any person trying to dominate and possess the mind of another through deception and you will find a devil.

If you hear the will of God, and do it, on earth, you will ascend into heaven.

Last edited:
A world where our families are united in faith is possible now. It exists now. Or maybe Christian households and families who worship together are just figments of our imagination.

A world where our families are united in faith is possible now. It exists now. Or maybe Christian households and families who worship together are just figments of our imagination.

"To commit sin is to break Gods law; sin, in fact, is lawlessness. Christ appeared, as you know, to do away with sins, and there is no sin in him. No man therefore who dwells in him is a sinner. The sinner has not seen him and does not know him.

My children,do not be misled. It is the man who does right that is righteous as God is righteous; the man who sins is a child of the devil, for the devil has been a sinner from the first; and the Son of God appeared for the very purpose of undoing the devils work.

A child of God does not commit sin, because the divine seed remains in him; he cannot be a sinner, because he is God's child. That is the distinction between the children of God and the children of the devil: no one who does not do what is right is Gods child, nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1 John 3;4-10

Last edited:

Forum List

Back