Jesus is the Light... Not God, though. Are there lots of Gods, or just one..

All of the above is exactly why I am antinomian, and, like Thomas Jefferson, comprise a sect of one.

Good posts, all.

Jd, perhaps we aren't clones :( I've got a different theory on Ghosts. You'll be happy to know; however, it's not all that freaky. I've seen a couple, and so my inquiring philosophical mind had to seek explanation. These are only theories, mind you, but hear me out.

Theory #1 is that people leave behind electro-magnetic "foot prints," sort of like when a Whale leaves a "foot print" when he takes a deep-dive. Being that the Earth has Magnetic poles and what-not, some areas harness these foot prints a little bit better, and also, some people's brains are more sensitive to actually "seeing" these foot-prints. I think the situations are so rare because all necessary conditions must be met: a "heavy" area, a "sensitive" brain, etc.

Theory #2 is one of the undiscovered realms of physics: A different dimension. You can gather what you want from that one because frankly it's all hummm-bee-la-la-la. (doo-doo). :)

Never believe a word based on it's appeal ...

... never trust a prophet that will not admit doubt.

There's no appeal to speaking with such inane complexity that EVERYthing you say must be "explained," and every "explanation" you offer cites more of your overly-for-no-reason-complicated psycho-babble. Terral is not as bright as he ponders.

Never believe a word based on it's appeal ...

... never trust a prophet that will not admit doubt.

There's no appeal to speaking with such inane complexity that EVERYthing you say must be "explained," and every "explanation" you offer cites more of your overly-for-no-reason-complicated psycho-babble. Terral is not as bright as he ponders.

He also reminds me of another parable:

One who speaks too much is usually not well versed in what they say.

I guess we're all guilty of that.

Kitten, a side note: I seen you be a real fuckin meanie to some people. Howe come you haven't flipped on me yet, when we occasionally disagree? I'm waiting for my day lady!! I'm waiting!! :razz:

I guess we're all guilty of that.

Kitten, a side note: I seen you be a real fuckin meanie to some people. Howe come you haven't flipped on me yet, when we occasionally disagree? I'm waiting for my day lady!! I'm waiting!! :razz:

Disagreements can be interesting and teach many lessons, you however have probably not done one of the following:

1. Deny being wrong too much.

2. Ignored every possibility but what you like.

3. Broken too many rules.

or 4. Blatantly lied. ;)

Alright, well I guess if dignity is a prerequisit to not being bitched at, I am safe. I may forfeit some of it in-order to get hollared at once in a blue moon, I enjoy pain.

Jesus is the light:

God said "Let there be light.. and there was!!"

God made Jesus in his image..

And God made Adam in his image. Is Adam, then, a God, too?

David- He had to be a God, also, then, too-

Hello and Greeting :eusa_angel:
I like you study very mush, and your lessons, I hope I may be of help. I am new here and hope to make some new friend. :eusa_angel:

1 Samuel 16:1-31:13. Samuel Anoints David as King

Psalms 132:1-18 Lord, remember David And all his afflictions; How he swore to the Lord, And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:

2 Sam 7:16-17 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever." ' " According to all these words and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.

Gen 49:24 But his bow remained in strength, And the arms of his hands were made strong By the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob (From there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel),

Isaiah 1:24 Therefore the Lord says, The Lord of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, "Ah, I will rid Myself of My adversaries, And take vengeance on My enemies.

Isaiah 49:26 I will feed those who oppress you with their own flesh, And they shall be drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine. All flesh shall know That I, the Lord, am your Savior, And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

Isaiah 60:16 You shall drink the milk of the Gentiles, And milk the breast of kings; You shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 60:15-22 "Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, So that no one went through you, I will make you an eternal excellence, A joy of many generations.
You shall drink the milk of the Gentiles, And milk the breast of kings; You shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
"Instead of bronze I will bring gold, Instead of iron I will bring silver, Instead of wood, bronze, And instead of stones, iron. I will also make your officers peace, And your magistrates righteousness. Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise. "The sun shall no longer be your light by day, Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light, And your God your glory. Your sun shall no longer go down, Nor shall your moon withdraw itself; For the Lord will be your everlasting light, And the days of your mourning shall be ended.
Also your people shall all be righteous; They shall inherit the land forever, The branch of My planting, The work of My hands, That I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, And a small one a strong nation. I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time."

Psalms 132:3-18 "Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house, Or go up to the comfort of my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes Or slumber to my eyelids,
Until I find a place for the Lord, A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah; We found it in the fields of the woods.
Let us go into His tabernacle; Let us worship at His footstool. Arise, O Lord, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, And let Your saints shout for joy. For Your servant David's sake, Do not turn away the face of Your Anointed. The Lord has sworn in truth to David; He will not turn from it: "I will set upon your throne the fruit of your body. If your sons will keep My covenant And My testimony which I shall teach them, Their sons also shall sit upon your throne forevermore." For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His dwelling place: "This is My resting place forever; Here I will dwell, for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her poor with bread. I will also clothe her priests with salvation, And her saints shall shout aloud for joy. There I will make the horn of David grow; I will prepare a lamp for My Anointed. His enemies I will clothe with shame, But upon Himself His crown shall flourish."

First off, Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians), was a Jewish man who taught as a rabbi by using parables.

When He stated "The Father and I are One", He was referring to a Judaic teaching that states at the 40 day point, God carves off a small piece of Himself with the blade of self will, which He than placed into the embryo created by your parents, and that is what becomes your soul.

Yeshua also stated "the Kingdom of God is within", which is another reference to that.

Next, factor in the fact that He'd taught His disciples how to work miracles much like He did, and you start to get some insight................

We're all a small piece of God. We are all related to one another (watch Nat Geo's "Human Family Tree" sometime). When Yeshua stated that the Father and I are One, He was referring to the fact that we are all a small piece of God. I just wish that more of us would act like it.

The miracle of the Sea of Galilee? He was trying to teach His disciples how to walk on water, but only 1 (Thomas) was willing to try. Thomas succeeded until Yeshua let go of his hand, whereupon he then sank into the water.

We can all do what Yeshua did, we are all children of God.

How do I know this? Simple.......I researched it over many different theologies and found where they all agreed, as well as backed it up by researching the actual Judaic teachings laid out in the Bible, as taught by a Talmudic scholar.

By the way.........I'm Yeshua's little brother. How? Simple......Yeshua joined the family of mankind over 2,000 years ago, and, since we're all related in some way (yes, there is a genetic Adam and Eve), and since I'm only 46, that makes Him my big brother.

LMAO, I suppose you could always add "the light, the mighty counselor, and John and Moses" along with the three in one you believe erroneously are all God.

God is not a human. We are instructed to not worship humans. Jesus was a human, any way you cut it. He was made in human form. MORTAL. He DIED.

God cannot die, can he, now.

Just like several other humans, Jesus was raised up to be a spirit being. There are more in Heaven then God now.. Jesus has joined God. Jesus was God's only begotten son..

I dont know how anyone can twist even the CONCEPT of the term "the word", from THE HOLY WORD OF GOD into an independent or individual entity, and ALSO claim that "the word" - now being construed as being "himself", although needing guidance from the TRUE GOD (Jesus' Father) by praying to him, and saying he was sent, and that he is only the son.. how can someone turn that into Jesus BEING God.

So.. Lets get this fucking twisted up concoction of bullshit lies straight here..

Jesus is the Word. Jesus is also the light. God is the word, and God is the light. Jesus did not HELP anyone, Jesus is the father, and a liar who came to Earth saying he was God's son, and sent on God's authority, etc, etc.. because we should according to your false teachings, PRAY to Jesus, and yet, Jesus is God himself, so from your perspective, Jesus was just talking to himself, really..
<whew>

Oh and Wait- theres more- Jesus is not really God, but a lower(yet somehow equal) piece of him, but we call him God, anyways, even though Jesus said that God is greater than Jesus is.. So Jesus is then, by TOTAL FUCKING LACK OF LOGIC- The highest, and should be worshipped as such!!!
<holy fucking shit- thats some impressive spinnage>

Oh but wait theres still more- The Holy Spirit came into the picture AFTER Jesus came, and yet we are to believe that this is YET ANOTHER entity of God (God being Jesus, and still the lower half of even your own retarded diagrams) and has his own accommodations to teach and fill everyone up, and since this Holy spirit is also an entity of God, also, it IS God, and we should also pray to Jesus as if HE IS the holy spirit entity part three of God, even though this is really a spiritual lift gift given BY Jesus (by the authority of His true father and our only God), but yet the Holy Spirit is still as yet a thinking and teaching entity called the third manifest Being of God, and all kinds of other HORSESHIT.
<phew.. I smell a rat>

What a bunch of crap.

Prove this to me without spinning everything and explaining it all with loooong paragraphs of YOUR imperfect Gospel.

Copy and PASTE just the verses, I challenge you to do this.. See if it makes any fucking sense then. I promise to you it WILL NOT. You have to SPIN it to make it make sense to you, and so you can feel good about how your fellow Christian friends look at you and think of you..
SERVING GOD is not about spinning the GOOD BOOK into something totally fictitious.

The Holy Spirit was active in the Old testament, BEFORE Jesus. You are wrong.

In the Old Testament the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit was not revealed to Israel. God's spirit was active, but He was not revealed as the third member of the Trinity.

Genesis 1:1-2, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
Numbers 11:25 "And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease."

Numbers 24:2 "And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him."

Judges 3:10 "And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he judged Israel, and went out to war."

Judges 14:6 "And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done."

Judges 14:19 "And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house."

1 Samuel 16:13 "Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah."

Note that in each case where the Holy Spirit was working it is said He "came upon" the person whom God would use. The only exception in the Old Testament is David as quoted above in 1 Samuel 16:13. The Spirit of God came upon him as a boy when he was anointed king and never departed. The name Holy Spirit is only found three times in the Old Testament (Psa. 51:11, Isa. 63:10-11) and the term Holy Ghost, used in the King James Bible is not used.

Actually, each one of those verses (if you read it in Hebrew) is a reference to a different name of God.

In Genesis, He's actually called HaShem, not the Spirit.

HaShem means "God of Many Powers".

Actually, each one of those verses (if you read it in Hebrew) is a reference to a different name of God.

In Genesis, He's actually called HaShem, not the Spirit.

HaShem means "God of Many Powers".

We turn to the Hebrew language for answers.

The words "Spirit of God" are Ruah Elohim . Ruah , is translated 180 times as spirit(s), 92 times as wind(s) and 32 times as breath(s). Keil and Delitzsch have expert insight to the usage of the word.

Ruah , "denotes wind and spirit, like pneuma , from pnew . Ruach Elohim , is not a breath of wind caused by God (Theodoret, etc.), for the verb does not suit this meaning, but the creative Spirit of God, the principle of all life (Ps. xxxiii. 6, civ. 30), which worked upon the formless, lifeless mass, separating, quickening, and preparing the living forms, which were called into being by the creative words that followed." (Commentary on the Old Testament, Volume I, C.F.Keil and F. Delitzsch, Eerdmans Publishing Co., Fifth Printing, June 1978)

Forum List

Back