Jesus is not God.

This is what is known as Scotch Tape theology. Pick a verse here and there from a variety of NT writings, tape them together, and bingo – point proven. Nope. You have to let each writer speak for himself. Prove to me that the writers of the synoptics believed Jesus was God – uning ONLY the synoptics. If those writers believed Jesus was God, that should be an easy task.

Sez you, weaksauce.

How does one "une" only the synoptics?

Yeah, your foot has a bullet hole in it.

Son, you are derp! I look forward to owning you in the near future.

I guess the insults do help huh? At least when you don't have an actual answer. I guess I win,
You know what? It doesn't matter what you think. Jesus is God. That's what Scripture teaches. You're simply to stupid, or too full of sinful pride to admit it. And why do you even care? Why are you trying so hard to convince others that Jesus is not God? Do you even believe in God? If not, then why are you debating it? Why try to disprove something you don't believe in?

Because I used to believe all of it. I had a born-again experience at age twenty, and for the next 15-20 years I was totally immersed in evangelical Christianity. I preached in churches, taught in a small Bible College in Cornwall England, and did a small amount of missionary work. Even though I no longer believe any of it, it's still an intense interest of mine. A lot of my life was defined by evangelical Christianity. So of course I still love to discuss it.
You were never born again.

He's trying the "argument from authority" angle.

Heathen turd, I say.

Jesus said he was God, and many prophets before him said he was God. Who is that says something different? An utter moron?

That's my main theory. It's all seriously cut-and-dried, if you're not an idiot.

Haha...I never thought of the synoptic writers as morons, but I guess you must, since they never call Jesus God. They simply didn't believe that he was God.
You are twice damned. Once, because you have heard the Gospel and rejected it. Twice, because you try to lead others astray. Your suffering will be great in Hell. BTW. Welcome to my ignore list.

This is what is known as Scotch Tape theology. Pick a verse here and there from a variety of NT writings, tape them together, and bingo – point proven. Nope. You have to let each writer speak for himself. Prove to me that the writers of the synoptics believed Jesus was God – uning ONLY the synoptics. If those writers believed Jesus was God, that should be an easy task.

Sez you, weaksauce.

I guess the insults do help huh? At least when you don't have an actual answer. I guess I win,
You know what? It doesn't matter what you think. Jesus is God. That's what Scripture teaches. You're simply to stupid, or too full of sinful pride to admit it. And why do you even care? Why are you trying so hard to convince others that Jesus is not God? Do you even believe in God? If not, then why are you debating it? Why try to disprove something you don't believe in?

Because I used to believe all of it. I had a born-again experience at age twenty, and for the next 15-20 years I was totally immersed in evangelical Christianity. I preached in churches, taught in a small Bible College in Cornwall England, and did a small amount of missionary work. Even though I no longer believe any of it, it's still an intense interest of mine. A lot of my life was defined by evangelical Christianity. So of course I still love to discuss it.

Oh but I was! And it was a very powerful experience! I was so on fire for God that I got two of my brothers born-again too. They are both still really into it. If you were to ask them, they would tell you that I was definitely born-again.

Sez you, weaksauce.

Oh but I was! And it was a very powerful experience! I was so on fire for God that I got two of my brothers born-again too. They are both still really into it. If you were to ask them, they would tell you that I was definitely born-again.

Apparently, you were a hypocrite, amirite?

A
Jesus said he was God, and many prophets before him said he was God. Who is that says something different? An utter moron?

That's my main theory. It's all seriously cut-and-dried, if you're not an idiot.

Haha...I never thought of the synoptic writers as morons, but I guess you must, since they never call Jesus God. They simply didn't believe that he was God.
You are twice damned. Once, because you have heard the Gospel and rejected it. Twice, because you try to lead others astray. Your suffering will be great in Hell. BTW. Welcome to my ignore list.

It's an honor to be on your ignore list. After all, when Christians encounter opposing voices, that's what they do – they run and hide because they can't stand hearing the truth. And btw, there is no hell, so I'm not worried.

I'm not a hypocrite. I live what I believe. But you on the other hand, apparently don't, at least based on your language, which I guarantee Jesus would not approve of.

I'm not a hypocrite. I live what I believe. But you on the other hand, apparently don't, at least based on your language, which I guarantee Jesus would not approve of.

I do what I want, but I'm not denying Jesus is God. No sir.

Your lack of conviction is duly noted.

You do what you want huh? You're supposed to take up your cross, deny yourself, and do what Jesus wants. But whatever.

I'm done for tonight. Thanks for the fun!

You do what you want huh? You're supposed to take up your cross, deny yourself, and do what Jesus wants. But whatever.

Good! You goin' to church tomorrow?

Haaa! No, tomorrow is football day. A man needs to have priorities :)

Haaa! No, tomorrow is football day. A man needs to have priorities :)

Yes, a man does.

The Father said that he alone is God, and there are no other Gods besides him. That's what The Father said, who cares what Christians are saying? The Father supersedes ANY biblical writer, even Jesus cannot trump the Father.

Its academic.

But its also confusing, and the matter is really not biblically clear on just what Jesus is. But I know that once the Father has spoken, what he has said cannot be undone. Especially by confused believers who really are afraid of biblical truth.

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

He was in the beginning with God

John 1:1,2

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,
and we beheld His glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and truth.

John 1:14

In my view, that verse was mistranslated, it should render that " The Word was " A God." Because that gives the Father and Jesus distinction as two separate beings who have perfect unity. Jesus prays to the Father, the Father prays to no one; God does not pray. Jesus prays, Jesus is not God.

The Father is uncreated and has no birth, Jesus had a birth, Jesus is not God.

Jesus obeys the Father, the Father God obeys no one; Jesus is not God!
In my view, that verse was mistranslated, it should render that " The Word was " A God." Because that gives the Father and Jesus distinction as two separate beings who have perfect unity. Jesus prays to the Father, the Father prays to no one; God does not pray. Jesus prays, Jesus is not God.
No, The Word was 'a God' changes everything

In the beginning was 'God'
and 'God' was with God
and 'God' was God

Jesus prayed and lived His life,
in the flesh, as an example

15 He is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven
and that are on earth, visible and invisible,
whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
18 And He is the head of the body, the church,
who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,
that in all things He may have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in Him
all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him,
whether things on earth or things in heaven,
having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 1:15-20
The Father is uncreated and has no birth, Jesus had a birth, Jesus is not God
Immanuel: God with us
Jesus obeys the Father, the Father God obeys no one; Jesus is not God
The Father obeys Himself...
Jesus obeyed the Father because They are One

"IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD" wtf? That book was written in GREEK. Maybe someone who understands
ancient greek can discuss WTF that statement is supposed
to mean. The statement makes clear the lament
WTF IT'S GREEK TO ME

Why use
"IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD" wtf? That book was written in GREEK. Maybe someone who understands
WTF IT'S GREEK TO ME

Why use vanity to question what language is being used?

Why use
WTF IT'S GREEK TO ME

It is very important to INTERPRET writings from the language in which they are written if you have any hope of reasonable accuracy

Why use
WTF IT'S GREEK TO ME

It is very important to INTERPRET writings from the language in which they are written if you have any hope of reasonable accuracy

Well that's very true, but my goodness, don't use foul language to question the use of language. It makes no sense.

Calling Jesus " A God", is maybe biblically correct; using the expression " Jesus is God", is the bible stupid and incorrect.

Forum List

Back