Jesus family had a legitimate concern as to his mental condition.

From a simply logical interpretation, for Christianity to be true and valid, Judaism, from which all the Messiah stuff originates must be as well. In other words, you can't assume Christianity's true if some of Judaism isn't, it'd all fall apart then. And once you accept this truth and look at Judaism, everything it says in black and white in Tanach about the Messiah refutes very clearly Jesus having been the Messiah.

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

It's not that Jews hate Jesus, or don't want our Messiah to ever actually arrive, a lot of us do, but it's also not like Jesus was the first ever candidate for it. And when we look at the Messianic qualities and prophecies, then at the candidate, they all fail to do what the Messiah was prophecized to have done.

-no rebuilding of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
-no recall of the world's Jews to Israel to live by the Torah
-no world peace

etc.

Only way to believe Jesus was the Messiah is to refute the validity of Tanach. In which cas eof course you're then shooting yourself in the foot. Or rather, the head. If the Messianic prophecies are wrong, then everything's wrong and both faiths crumble to dust.

People who are Jewish and then accept the christian god are rejected by the Jewish community as Jews , a fact

Well the Christian god is the Jewish god and the god of Islam.

If Jesus was the Messiah of the Jews though then he isn't God as the prophecies which establish the existence of a Messiah in the first place make it perfectly clear it isn't going to be God but a mortal man.

And if Jesus was in fact the Messiah then all the prophecies about a Messiah are wrong. Along with logicly the existence of a Messiah at all.

If Jesus was God in human form then Judaism is completely wrong along with Christianity and Islam.

If Jesus was a biological relative of God, his son say, then God raped Mary when he impregnated her without her consent. Sending a 3rd party (an angel) to inform a girl she's pregnant by the 2nd party (God) is like what Warren Jeffs went to prison for forcing young girls into marriages with 3rd parties.

"Mary, you're pregnant by God and will have a son."

"I'm pregnant? But I've never even had sex with my husband."

Sounds like rape to me. Adultery too.

Poor, poor guno, has nothing better to do than to waste time from his mother's basement.

Mark 3:
20Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21When his familyb heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
22And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
30He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”
31Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”

Try again guno, we know you have plenty of time, and no life.

wow insults from the Goyim, thats very christian of you

That as taken from the web site jews for judaism

Now go grovel to your mamzer yeshu who was mentall ill,

He should not be insulting you, Guno. No one should be insulting you. Period. That is not something any christian should be doing to you or anyone else for that matter. But on the matter of your insulting Jesus with such nonsense, there were some Jewish leaders who feared the Jews would leave their control and find freedom in Christ who came to fulfill the law and so they made it their lifes ambition to stop His teachings - the Gospel of Jesus Christ - from going forward. Now that didn't work out that well because The Jewish early church - and Paul who preached to the Gentiles although he too was a Jew - spread the Gospel far and wide and today it is still being preached.

Granted Christ has been seriously misrepresented by the prosperity preachers and those preaching a wide road gospel but Jesus said the laborers are few. Just who do you believe are His true followers anyhow? The Laborers. That's who. Stop looking at everything that reads or claims itself as christian and start examining the fruit that is coming forth out of that ministry or whatever it is you are questioning.

Who's insulting guno? I was just stating a fact. Guno lives with his mother, and has no idea that the sunshine was created to be played in on the outside of the house.

Guno is the one who hurls insults around, and can't stand for someone to tell the truth about him. Poor ole guy.

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
This term is usually used with disparaging intent, implying a mild contempt for the attitudes, traits, and customs of non-Jews. Although it may be used in a neutral, even positive way to refer to a Christian, it almost always connotes a degree of condescension. Usually the context, such as the use of a qualifying adjective, will show the intent of the speaker.
n. Usually Disparaging.
(a term used to refer to a gentile or non-Jewish person.)

Now I got some good news and some bad news for you Guno.

The bad news is that you missed your Messiah 2000 years ago. Only one Man has ever fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament, and led by the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes of the day, His own people crucified Him.
The good news is, He died willingly, and you can still accept Him as the Messiah.

You see Guno, Jesus was not the Jewish Messiah, He is the whole world's Messiah. He fulfilled God's promise to Abraham, in which God promised to bless all nations.
Genesis 22:18"In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."

Your people missed Him, Guno. And I bet that drives you out of your mind.

More good news, He's still alive and coming back, then every knee will bend and everyone(dead and alive) will confess, that Jesus is Lord.

Isaiah 45:23"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Like it or not, Guno, you will know that Jesus is Lord, good luck to you on that day.
Poor, poor guno, has nothing better to do than to waste time from his mother's basement.

Mark 3:
20Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21When his familyb heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
22And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”
23So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
31Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”

He should not be insulting you, Guno. No one should be insulting you. Period. That is not something any christian should be doing to you or anyone else for that matter. But on the matter of your insulting Jesus with such nonsense, there were some Jewish leaders who feared the Jews would leave their control and find freedom in Christ who came to fulfill the law and so they made it their lifes ambition to stop His teachings - the Gospel of Jesus Christ - from going forward. Now that didn't work out that well because The Jewish early church - and Paul who preached to the Gentiles although he too was a Jew - spread the Gospel far and wide and today it is still being preached.

Granted Christ has been seriously misrepresented by the prosperity preachers and those preaching a wide road gospel but Jesus said the laborers are few. Just who do you believe are His true followers anyhow? The Laborers. That's who. Stop looking at everything that reads or claims itself as christian and start examining the fruit that is coming forth out of that ministry or whatever it is you are questioning.

Who's insulting guno? I was just stating a fact. Guno lives with his mother, and has no idea that the sunshine was created to be played in on the outside of the house.

Guno is the one who hurls insults around, and can't stand for someone to tell the truth about him. Poor ole guy.

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
This term is usually used with disparaging intent, implying a mild contempt for the attitudes, traits, and customs of non-Jews. Although it may be used in a neutral, even positive way to refer to a Christian, it almost always connotes a degree of condescension. Usually the context, such as the use of a qualifying adjective, will show the intent of the speaker.
n. Usually Disparaging.

The bad news is that you missed your Messiah 2000 years ago. Only one Man has ever fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament, and led by the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Scribes of the day, His own people crucified Him.
The good news is, He died willingly, and you can still accept Him as the Messiah.

You see Guno, Jesus was not the Jewish Messiah, He is the whole world's Messiah. He fulfilled God's promise to Abraham, in which God promised to bless all nations.
Genesis 22:18"In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
don't get to make up deinations about who the jewihs messia is

More good news, He's still alive and coming back, then every knee will bend and everyone(dead and alive) will confess, that Jesus is Lord.

Isaiah 45:23"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Like it or not, Guno, you will know that Jesus is Lord, good luck to you on that day.

Fact for the goyim dreck, My parents died 20 years ago, i am semi retired and have a large multi racial Jewish family. You uneducated shagetz and shikse don't get to decide for Jews who the messiah is and it sure isn't jesus the triune godman mamzer, so continue with your delsuions and christian revenge fantasies of just you wait.

Fact for the goyim dreck, My parents died 20 years ago, i am semi retired and have a large multi racial Jewish family. You uneducated shagetz and shikse don't get to decide for Jews who the messiah is and it sure isn't jesus the triune godman mamzer, so continue with your delsuions and christian revenge fantasies of just you wait.

"Why'd ya do it?"

"Rage. Pure rage. ...I couldn't just stand there and watch the murder those people. It made me mad."

"Here's hoping you never get mad at me man."

- "Patriot Games"

:)

Mark 3:

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
n. Usually Disparaging.

Mark 3:

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
n. Usually Disparaging.

So as a Jew, you don't have anything better to do than degrade Christianity? I think that's funny! No time to actually study your own religious texts, to busy trying to run down someone else's. :lame2:

Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
  2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
  3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
  4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Guno, do you realize that what many Jews expect the messiah to accomplish is just as irrational as what many Christians believe about Jesus?

For instance the first prophecy cited is not about building a temple. What it is about Jesus fulfilled in his day.

You left this last part out of the second prophecy "Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears." which show that the prophecy is not necessarily about Jews returning from distant parts of the world as much as it is about Jews returning to sanity from insanity.

As scripture shows, even after the resurrection there will be those who do not rise "Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand." this shows that even after the dead are restored to life many will fail to comprehend the revelation. That there are still confused people fighting each other out there does not mean that the messiah has not yet come or that peace has not already come to people who do understand because they purified themselves and became refined.

and the knowledge of the God of Israel has been spread around the world as a direct result of the teachings and instructions that Jesus gave to his followers. Had there been no Jesus the God of Israel would have become about as significant as Apollo or Zeus and I doubt that there would even be an Israel in existence today.

And what many Jews believe about the end of time and the resurrection of the dead is exactly the same as what Christians expect to happen when their messiah appears a second time.

BTW there is OT support for two messianic figures.. Zechariah 4:14, daniel 12:5

Why are Christians crazy and Jews who have their own irrational beliefs and some who have the exact same messianic expectations for their messiah as Christians have for Jesus are not?

would you like to try and resolve any of this?

Last edited:
I read the OP because I needed a good laugh. I personally believe that he may have a mental condition. Just sayin...
You may wish to rethink that. It appears that some on the left have decided upon an 'Alinsky' tactic of trying to label Christians as mentally unstable. This is, of course, the primates attempting to take over the zoo.

However, if they can get enough people to believe this, and can get those people into government, you can kiss your religious freedom good-bye.

I meant the OP, not Jesus. I was grammatically unclear there.

You know there is a serious point that many believers tend to miss--

The Jewish texts is the only thing that can determine who the Jewish messiah is. Not fishermen, not tax collectors and definitely not any 'gentiles' that are ignorant of what the messiah is or suppose to do.

To argue against this and say some one else or some book has the "truth" counter to what Judaism is saying is basically illogical. Especially if your "truth" is fundamentally based on the information found in Judaic texts.

Think about it. How can you claim your information is true while ignoring or denying the contradictions of your "truth" with its source?

religion is a matter of faith-----not the usual logic. Jesus did not turn
out to be the "JEWISH MESSIAH"-----according to the logic
of jewish scholars. ----he turned out to be a messiah for other people according to the logic of Christian scholars

Now your presents some very delicate questions. Who, or by what authority, is there a messiah for "other people"?

Also, why is there a scholarly insistance to focus on Judaic text to justify this "Messiah for other people".

And finally, If this "Messiah for other people" is truly for we gentiles, why do christians try to convert Jews? It is apparent that the Jews have their own messiah to heed..

Let us cut to the chase and look at this honestly. There is no 2 messiahs, one for jews, one for gentiles. The truth is that when people tried to claim Jesus was the Messiah, they did not do proper research into the matter.

I have logically decided to disagree with you. ---uhm---in order to help my case I am going to throw in a glitch-----
HOW DO YOU DEFINE MESSIAH? It seems to me that for jews ---"MESSIAH" is a special guy who mediates a
BIG REVOLUTION and ushers into the time line an era of
UTOPIA for jews -----on earth------in the land of Israel----and it is all so good that the whole world joins in the joy-----YIPEEEE!!!! age of peace. For Christians Messiah
seems to be a special guy who CONFERS "GRACE" on anyone who becomes is follower------it is a whole different
concept. In fact "belief" is the big issue for the Christian
messiah-------but "belief"----is not so much an issue for the
Jewish messiah------its nice and its good and smart people do it-------but lack of "belief" does not toss the person to hell.---
cynicism is not nice but it is not as bad as MURDER

First thing first--Only the Jewish religious text has been used to define what the Messiah. And the text disagrees with Jesus being the Messiah.

Now, I don't know why you think there can be several definitions for Messiah, but the christian tradition was to use the Jewish text to describe Jesus as such.

Also, what you are doing can be considered a justification for anyone to claim he is a messiah for some group. It does not take much to realize how problematic that is. Your argument gives a basis for every cult that claims its leader is the Messiah. Although I can't logically pin point the problem with your argument, intuitively I will have to discount it as wrong because not anyone can be the Messiah.

And , I will say it again, it is only the Jewish text that can define who and what the Messiah is--use another word if this is troubling you!!

Second --the only mention of a prophecy for the Messiah that I know of is mentioned in Judaic text. If there is another prophecy that mentions a messiah for non-jews and it describes Jesus please make reference to that text and stop using the Jewish text. When you use the Jewish text to describe the non-jewish messiah you already make the mistake of confusing two distinct individuals.

Then again, this mistake is not made just by the followers of the faith--It is made by the authors of the Gospels! The authors are claiming that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah when they make reference to the Judaic text exclusively. No other text, prophecy or what have you is mentioned or used that predates Jesus birth. If there are, please tell me.

By the way--yes, the Jews predict that their will bring forth some big fat revolution and turn Earth into a Utopia for Jews!! That is why many Jews know that Jesus is not the Messiah despite the insistance of many Christian theologians. There is no global revolution nor is there a Utopia for Jews, so who the hell is this Jesus and why was he messing with the Jews?

Mark 3:

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
n. Usually Disparaging.

Mark 3:

n., pl. goy•im (ˈgɔɪ ɪm)
goys.
usage:
n. Usually Disparaging.

I am sorry for the loss of your parents, Guno. That is very sad. I do not believe anyone is deciding for the Jews who the Messiah is. We just know Jesus is the Messiah but the truth is this was hidden from the Jews for a time that the whole world through them ( salvation is of the Jew - John 4 ) might be saved. There are many Jews who received Christ and are believers today. There were many Jews who believed on Christ when he walked the earth. Same for any people group. But in the case of the Jews there will be a time where many will know Jesus is the Messiah. I consider that part of the prophecy - Valley of the Dry Bones - I have always seen that is about the Jews - not the church- those who intrepret that as the church are believing replacement theology which is devilish. Israel is Israel - the church is the church.

Did death cease? (Isaiah 25: 8)

Are the dead resurrected? (Isaiah 26:19, Daniel 12:2, Ezekiel 37:12-13)

nope to all of these, just another in a long line of failed wannabe messiahs

Should someone be concerned about your mental health if you expect biological death to cease and the dead to come out of their graves when the messiah comes?

If that's what you believe then your messiah will never come.and even if he did you would think he was just another failed mamzer messiah even if he rose from the very same gave that holds you and was standing right in front of you bodily ascending into the kingdom of God..

According to the author of the Gospel of Mark (Mark 3:19-21, 31), during the period when he was preaching, Jesus' relatives, his mother and his brothers, believed that he was mentally ill. The author of the Gospel of John comments that "neither did his brothers believe in him" (John 7:5). Jesus, in turn, rejected them (Mark 3:31-35, Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 8:19-21). Apparently, Mary, the mother of Jesus, forgot the visits of angels, magi, and shepherds. The prophecies of Anna and Simeon completely slipped her mind. Most of all Mary seems to have forgotten her own impregnation by the Holy Spirit. It is more than likely that she had nothing to forget because these episodes never happened. When Jesus started to preach they had a legitimate concern as to his mental condition. This incident, rather than later claims that his family believed in his message, shows that no miracles surrounded his birth.

^ Why scumbags run sock accounts

According to the author of the Gospel of Mark (Mark 3:19-21, 31), during the period when he was preaching, Jesus' relatives, his mother and his brothers, believed that he was mentally ill. The author of the Gospel of John comments that "neither did his brothers believe in him" (John 7:5). Jesus, in turn, rejected them (Mark 3:31-35, Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 8:19-21). Apparently, Mary, the mother of Jesus, forgot the visits of angels, magi, and shepherds. The prophecies of Anna and Simeon completely slipped her mind. Most of all Mary seems to have forgotten her own impregnation by the Holy Spirit. It is more than likely that she had nothing to forget because these episodes never happened. When Jesus started to preach they had a legitimate concern as to his mental condition. This incident, rather than later claims that his family believed in his message, shows that no miracles surrounded his birth.

^ Why scumbags run sock accounts

Guno raises some valid points.

Scripture does say that because people were saying that Jesus was out of his mind his family came to "take charge of him". This does show that they were concerned about his mental health and raises doubt about any miraculous birth or that they had any faith in him as Gods son or that he was the messiah, because they thought he might be crazy, which they wouldn't have had he been born by miraculous means. When Jesus was told that his family was there to get him he effectively disowned them as people who do not hear or obey the will of God.

If you have no answer the least you could do is say that he has a point. He does.

Calling Guno a scumbag only makes you seem like one.

calm down folks----it is silly to take the legends like that as
HISTORY they are----as noted----parables

"From the end of the nineteenth century, as the modern exploration of the lands of the Bible got underway, a series of spectacular discoveries and decades of steady archaeological excavation and interpretation suggested to many that the Bible's accounts were basically trustworthy in regard to the main outlines of the story of ancient Israel. Thus it seemed that even if the biblical text was set down in writing long after the events it describes, it must have been based on a substantial body of accurately preserved memories. This conclusion was based on several new classes of archaeological and historical evidence."

Archaeologists agree that as a whole, the Bible is one of the most trustworthy historical records available to them.

The Bible Unearthed

So why do you even care,whats your agenda?be honest,you are just another bigot,trying to rationalize your own fears.

He was accused of eating with sinners and was sentenced to death as a criminal. Why would false accusations about his mental health be any different?

He has descended below all things to lift us up to God. He has suffered all things and through His suffering we are healed.

People can accused, defame, and attempt to slander the Savior. But Jesus Christ is still the Son of God. He still rose from the dead. And His arms are still open wide for all who wish to come to Him.

Yes, Guno, but if you would only set your rational mind aside (not to mention the entire Law and prophets) and 'just believe' that one unequaled God is really three coequal beings that diddled a virgin to become a man who turned himself into a matzoh before he was killed and floated up into the sky you too could lose your mind and become a gibbering idiot without any sense of shame or guilt, crawling on your belly and eating dust for the rest of your days.

Your choice!

Forum List

Back