Jesus Christ speaks the truth, as always

Okay just glancing at the first part of this, if you read the very next sentence of those verses, you will find that they DID see the Kingdom of God:

27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God.”
28 Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray. 29 As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. 30 And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, 31 who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him. 33 Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, that Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah”—not knowing what he said.
34 While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud. 35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” 36 When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone. But they kept quiet, and told no one in those days any of the things they had seen.

I really gotta look at the rest tomorrow, God bless :)

Well, maybe that can be spun into seeing the kingdom of God, but the World did not end, did it????

Mt 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Ed, did you miss my post about the word "generation"? That word was originally written in Greek, the word is γενεά which also means "nation"

he is saying this NATION will by no means pass away.

The Jews will by no means pass away.

And wouldn't you know, no other nation that I know of lasted longer than 400 years without a homeland. Know of any? The Jews lasted almost two thousand!

GENERATION DEFINED:
The Greek word is
genea

which means:

1) fathered, birth, nativity
2) that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
a) the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
b) metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
1) esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation
3) the whole multitude of men living at the same time
4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied be each successive generation), a space of 30 - 33 years

But the word WORLD does not mean NATION and SHORTLY means in a short time and ALL THINGS would include the end of the world.

Last edited:
Also you posted this verse, notice the next part of it, right after what you posted

34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
No One Knows the Day or Hour

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Matt 24

The Jews will by no means pass away til allthese things take place. And then Jesus said Himself that He doesn't know the day and hour, only the Father knows.

No, the all-knowing Jesus and the Father are supposed to be one, he said the ANGELS of heaven didn't know.

Well, maybe that can be spun into seeing the kingdom of God, but the World did not end, did it????

Mt 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Ed, did you miss my post about the word "generation"? That word was originally written in Greek, the word is γενεά which also means "nation"

And wouldn't you know, no other nation that I know of lasted longer than 400 years without a homeland. Know of any? The Jews lasted almost two thousand!

GENERATION DEFINED:
The Greek word is
genea

which means:

b) metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
4) an age (i.e. the time ordinarily occupied be each successive generation), a space of 30 - 33 years

But the word WORLD does not mean NATION and SHORTLY means in a short time and ALL THINGS would include the end of the world.

Ed I believe you have unintentionally taken many verses and pieced them together and now they look like they are saying something that they don't.

Revelation 1:1 is where it talks about "quickly"

The word is

τάχος
tachos
takh'-os
From the same as G5036; a brief space (of time), that is, (with G1722 prefixed) in haste: - + quickly, + shortly, + speedily.

It does not say the end of the world will happen quickly, it says that when Christ comes, it will happen quickly. In other parts of the Bible it is described as a "twinkling of the eye" or like lightning.

I agree with you though that there are many passages that on the surface look like things will happen quickly. But time is measured by God's perspective and is proved by other passages that describe a thousand years as a "short time". God sees man's life as a vapor,

• Psalm 39
  • 4 “LORD, make me to know my end,
  • And what is the measure of my days,
  • That I may know how frail I am.
  • 5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
  • And my age is as nothing before You;
  • Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor.

• James 4:14
  • whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

He also tells us WHY we wait:

• 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
  • 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. (Rev 6)

We wait for those that do not know Him but yet coming. We wait for unbelievers. For every person whose name is written in the Book of Life to be secured. And once that last person comes to Christ, the book will be closed and Christ WILL come quickly. Just as the floods came in Noah's time. The arc, the book, will be shut, and after that it will be too late.

That's why, though I have many friends that think Christ will come any moment, I don't think the time is just yet. There ARE signs that it is close, but I see large rivers of people yet confessing Jesus as Lord every day through so many ministries still happening. The Harvest Crusades alone have thousands of new confessions. I can't fathom Christ coming when every day that we wait longer, thousands come.

The Bible says Jesus leaves the 99 and goes after the one that has strayed. So it doesn't seem to be His character to come when so many are yet coming.

I wouldn't hesitate to come to Christ for a moment, though, because you never know when your life will be over, and because maybe there is a limit to how much sin the earth can contain before all sin must be eradicated. The abortion mills, the gay parades and open fornication at the steps of His churches...I don't know how much the earth can contain.

But I do believe for my own personal reasons that God has begun moving things into place, that the warning was given and the world went on begging for judgment, and so the stage is being set. The signs we are to watch for are all moving into place, just as God said they would.

Last edited:

GENERATION DEFINED:
The Greek word is
genea

which means:

Ed I believe you have unintentionally taken many verses and pieced them together and now they look like they are saying something that they don't.

The word is

τάχος
tachos
takh'-os
From the same as G5036; a brief space (of time), that is, (with G1722 prefixed) in haste: - + quickly, + shortly, + speedily.

It does not say the end of the world will happen quickly, it says that when Christ comes, it will happen quickly. In other parts of the Bible it is described as a "twinkling of the eye" or like lightning.

I agree with you though that there are many passages that on the surface look like things will happen quickly. But time is measured by God's perspective and is proved by other passages that describe a thousand years as a "short time". God sees man's life as a vapor,

• Psalm 39

• whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

• 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
  • 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. (Rev 6)

We wait for those that do not know Him but yet coming. We wait for unbelievers. For every person whose name is written in the Book of Life to be secured. And once that last person comes to Christ, the book will be closed and Christ WILL come quickly. Just as the floods came in Noah's time. The arc, the book, will be shut, and after that it will be too late.

That's why, though I have many friends that think Christ will come any moment, I don't think the time is just yet. There ARE signs that it is close, but I see large rivers of people yet confessing Jesus as Lord every day through so many ministries still happening. The Harvest Crusades alone have thousands of new confessions. I can't fathom Christ coming when every day that we wait longer, thousands come.

The Bible says Jesus leaves the 99 and goes after the one that has strayed. So it doesn't seem to be His character to come when so many are yet coming.

I wouldn't hesitate to come to Christ for a moment, though, because you never know when your life will be over, and because maybe there is a limit to how much sin the earth can contain before all sin must be eradicated. The abortion mills, the gay parades and open fornication at the steps of His churches...I don't know how much the earth can contain.

But I do believe for my own personal reasons that God has begun moving things into place, that the warning was given and the world went on begging for judgment, and so the stage is being set. The signs we are to watch for are all moving into place, just as God said they would.

Since the verse I cited starts the book of Revelations I interpret it as saying the END TIME predictions that follow in Revelations will happen "shortly." You have no choice but your interpretation since it is nearly 2000 years later and they haven't happened yet.

:) Our homeland. We are the body of Christ. :) He is our home.

The Jews are considered set apart, a Chosen people, and almost the whole world has united against them, is there any group of people more defined? Has anyone kept such amazing geneologies throughout time?

The Bible said the WHOLE world will be against them, that would include America, just before the end, something about a cup of trembling. But I'm at work right now, break is about up. Good to see you again Xotoxi!
The fact that the religion of a particular race extols that race as a Chosen people is unsurprising.

"Chosen people" is religious racism.

God has His purposes, and I believe His purpose was to prophesy and deliver the Messiah, Jesus Christ, through His people.

Do you think it was easy being God's Chosen people? Think about Jeremiah, Ezekiel, how about Elijah who wanted to curl up and die? Or all the Israelites that walked around the deserts waiting for the Promised Land, only two out of a million made it because they were so rebellious.

What I find fascinating is how the flaws and the sins of almost everyone written about were revealed. Nobody was held up as who to be like, except Jesus.

And since God created the different races, I suppose He noticed it :)

Goooooooooood night Eagle man! I suppose this is the place JB was talking about, looks like he wrote something with some actual depth possibly, but it's late, I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Sleep well!

You are about as bat shit crazy as possible and still not commited to a rubber room. Thanks for the entertainment and the warning.

The word is

τάχος
tachos
takh'-os

• Psalm 39

Since the verse I cited starts the book of Revelations I interpret it as saying the END TIME predictions that follow in Revelations will happen "shortly." You have no choice but your interpretation since it is nearly 2000 years later and they haven't happened yet.

But they are happening, the signs are showing.

You interpret it as saying the END TIME predictions will happen shortly. In God's timing it IS shortly.

Maybe this will help in addition to our lives being as vapor:

• 6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18)

There are passages in Revelation itself that show it as what was, what is, and what is yet to come. A foreshadowing of what was to happen, happened in the days of John, but many descriptions of Revelation have not happened until now and are continuing to happen. The regathering of Israel to a homeland again, the appearance of the 7th king

Revelation 17:10
There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.

You can interpret it as having passed, some do, but I see all kinds of signs coming to fruition today

• 4But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Run to and fro? What would an airport look like to a man in Daniel's time? Highways and freeways? Satellites?

Knowledge increasing? Knowledge has EXPLODED with the industrial age. The internet. We're learning things so fast now that the market can't keep up with it.

I see much has happened but much is yet to come, the mark of the beast on foreheads or hands, signs to watch for and are being developed today.

The fact that the religion of a particular race extols that race as a Chosen people is unsurprising.

God has His purposes, and I believe His purpose was to prophesy and deliver the Messiah, Jesus Christ, through His people.

Do you think it was easy being God's Chosen people? Think about Jeremiah, Ezekiel, how about Elijah who wanted to curl up and die? Or all the Israelites that walked around the deserts waiting for the Promised Land, only two out of a million made it because they were so rebellious.

What I find fascinating is how the flaws and the sins of almost everyone written about were revealed. Nobody was held up as who to be like, except Jesus.

Goooooooooood night Eagle man! I suppose this is the place JB was talking about, looks like he wrote something with some actual depth possibly, but it's late, I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Sleep well!

You are about as bat shit crazy as possible and still not commited to a rubber room. Thanks for the entertainment and the warning.

That was good, huggy, put a lot of thought into that? Feel better now?

:)

JenT said:
I see much has happened but much is yet to come, the mark of the beast on foreheads or hands, signs to watch for and are being developed today.

Seriously? ROTFLMMFAO...

And here I just thought it was a pimple.. :lol:

I usually stay out of these threads, but you're turning out to be a hoot...

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously? ROTFLMMFAO...

no the mark of the beast is something you agree to, your pimples are your own to count, dis

I've had my eye on people like you for over 55 years....probably twice your life time. Does that count as "a lot of thought"?

Weaker minds may give you quarter. I'm not the one.

Seriously? ROTFLMMFAO...

Ever since we took a Sharpie to her face while she4 was sleeping, she's won't come out of the holy water...

JB, be nice to dis, she's nice to you! :eusa_whistle:

I've had my eye on people like you for over 55 years....probably twice your life time. Does that count as "a lot of thought"?

LOLOLOL you've watched people like me for 55 years and in all that time you came up with "bat shit"...

If you're happy with that accomplishment, huggy, I'm happy for you ;)

LOLOLOL you've watched people like me for 55 years and in all that time you came up with "bat shit"...

O contrare..it is you that have come up with the bat shit. Repeating lol is retarded. Or do you really "laugh out loud out laugh out loud"?

Don't walk!...Run!

O contrare..it is you that have come up with the bat shit. Repeating lol is retarded. Or do you really "laugh out loud out laugh out loud"?

Don't walk!...Run!

Run? From what?

and yes, I have this amazing little laugh I'm told, and I laugh often

so lololololol expresses it nicely ;)

Huggy, is that the extent of your depth?

Is there a single post in the religion section that isn't just third-grade insults? Can you show me one that took thought?

One who stands among you....

smile_wink.gif

Kitty likes to be on both sides of a debate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back