Jesus Christ Believers...

I am an agnostic, probably the best way to view the world and life because honetsly you don't know what's going to happen when you die. But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about these people in history who share the same story as Jesus and were born before Jesus...
Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

I mean especially Horus who bsically has the same story as Jesus, and here's his story for the skeptics
Horus is the sun god of egypt.
Horus was born on December 25th
Horus was also born of a virgin.
In the story of Horus, he was born of the star in the east,
and was adorned by three kings.
Horus was a teacher at 12 years old
and was baptized when he was 30, to begin his ministry.
Horus had 12 disciples who he travelled about with healing the sick, and walking on water.
He was called the lamb of god, the good shepard, yaddda yadda
Horus was also crucified, buried for Three Days
and then Ressurected.

nothing at all that you wrote about Horus is true, so there is nothing to comment on?

Horus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how about linking YOUR SOURCE?

Yeah, you are going to use Wikepedia as a source... the website that lets you go in an edit subjuects you looked up if you would liek. You know that any regular joe can edit wikepedia right?
BTW, You do not need a source when you are already educated on the subject and you know it, so go ahead and keep looking up flase information on wikipedia..

I am an agnostic, probably the best way to view the world and life because honetsly you don't know what's going to happen when you die. But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about these people in history who share the same story as Jesus and were born before Jesus...
Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

I mean especially Horus who bsically has the same story as Jesus, and here's his story for the skeptics
Horus had 12 disciples who he travelled about with healing the sick, and walking on water.
and then Ressurected.

nothing at all that you wrote about Horus is true, so there is nothing to comment on?

Yeah, you are going to use Wikepedia as a source... the website that lets you go in an edit subjuects you looked up if you would liek. You know that any regular joe can edit wikepedia right?
BTW, You do not need a source when you are already educated on the subject and you know it, so go ahead and keep looking up flase information on wikipedia..

are you sure you are OLD ENOUGH to post on this site, your response is rather infantile, considering wiki on this subject linked up, to the legitimate sources they used on this....? Are you too limited in your understanding of such?

btw, if those words you posted, are not your own, YOU MUST link up to the source....please read our rules...and link up to your BS or the thread gets trashed....is that too hard for you?

care

Not that I want to give anyone the idea that this crap actually deserves dignifying, but I'm bored, so I'm in the mood to be a bit more in-depth in my contempt.

Attis of Greece? I'm afraid I'm not seeing the parallels at all, unless there's some story making the rounds of Jesus being a eunuch that I've somehow missed over the years.

Krishna? Well, clearly you are hung up on various tales of magical births as all being the same story, but I find that pretty thin. Most sects believe Krishna was born a regular human by regular means, and the one sect that believes he was born without sex STILL believes he was a human born of two other humans. They just have the idea that his father transmitted his thoughts magically into his wife and made a baby. And even they don't claim that the mother was a virgin, because Krishna was the seventh or eighth child of these two people. So this is a far cry from being "exactly like Jesus".

I'm going to assume the reference to Dionysus is a continuation of your belief that all magical births are one, but in that case, that would mean that virtually everyone in Greek mythology must have been Jesus, since so many of them are credited with some sort of magical birth. Nevertheless, no one ever suggested that Zeus made babies non-sexually. In fact, he was pretty infamous for insisting on the sexual sort of reproduction.

Mithra? Totally lost on what you think the parallels are, unless it's just another hang-up about magical birth stories.

And now, for Horus, whom you saw fit to describe more specifically. Too bad you were so wrong on so much.

Horus as a sun god - Yeah, and? What's your point? No one ever claimed that Jesus was a sun god.

Horus born on December 25th - This is problematic as "proof" in a couple of ways. One, how can you possibly figure that he was born on December 25th, when that is a date derived from a calendar invented centuries AFTER the legend of Horus was invented? Even if the Egyptians had bothered to create specific birthdays for their gods, which they didn't, they would have been according to the ancient Egyptian reckoning of time, not the much-later Gregorian calendar. Second, no one has ever claimed that Jesus was born on December 25th - which birth also occurred before the invention of the Gregorian calendar - or even in the winter. Since the Bible never tells us when Jesus was born, the winter solstice just seemed like a good time to celebrate it.

Horus born of a virgin - In not one of the many stories of Horus - I don't suppose you realized that there are, in fact, something like fifteen manifestations of Horus in Egyptian mythology, completely aside from the fact that many of the Pharaohs also went by that name - was his mother ever a virgin. He is most often considered to be the child of Isis and Osiris, both gods who were married to each other, and produced by Isis' magic after Osiris was killed by Set. This takes us back to your fascination with magical birth stories, but I'm not seeing any claims of virginity in there.

Star and three kings - Say what?

Teacher at 12 - Which Horus are we talking about? Certainly none of the stories of the actual deity, who was ALWAYS a deity, not a teacher.

Baptized - Huh?

Ministry at 30 - Again, huh? Horus, in all representations, was a god from the get-go. No ministry.

12 disciples - Horus had worshippers, numbering in the hundreds of thousands. No disciples, no traveling, no particular interest in water-walking.

Lamb of God - lamb of WHAT god?

Good Shepherd - One more time: HUH?!

Horus crucified - Horus was a god. How could he have been crucified, completely aside from the fact that this was an execution more associated with the Romans than with the ancient Egyptians?

Like I said before, you really need to vet your sources better.

Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

and then Ressurected.

So basically, you're not going to name your source? Big surprise.

are you sure you are OLD ENOUGH to post on this site, your response is rather infantile, considering wiki on this subject linked up, to the legitimate sources they used on this....? Are you too limited in your understanding of such?

btw, if those words you posted, are not your own, YOU MUST link up to the source....please read our rules...and link up to your BS or the thread gets trashed....is that too hard for you?

care

Heres the source...
Religious Studies taken at Stanford
Logic and religious studies taken at Stanford
And my response is rather infantile, so the truth is infantile? Wikepedia is not a RELIABLE source
Wikipedia IMHO is a reasonably reliable reference, especially when the topic isn't the subject of a hot political and/or religious dispute. I said this earlier, and am following up on this.<p>
Yeah heres the website for this quote by. Henry E. Schafer of North Carolina Stae University
Wikipedia reliability | EDUCAUSE
It's not a reliable source and cannot be used in any accredited university, that's the bottom line. May I ask what your education level is? what institutions for learning you have gone to? I'm just curious because you you said my comments are "infantile"

care

Heres the source...
And my response is rather infantile, so the truth is infantile? Wikepedia is not a RELIABLE source
Wikipedia IMHO is a reasonably reliable reference, especially when the topic isn't the subject of a hot political and/or religious dispute. I said this earlier, and am following up on this.<p>
Yeah heres the website for this quote by. Henry E. Schafer of North Carolina Stae University
It's not a reliable source and cannot be used in any accredited university, that's the bottom line. May I ask what your education level is? what institutions for learning you have gone to? I'm just curious because you you said my comments are "infantile"

So basically, your source is "I heard it somewhere that you can't possibly verify, just take my word for it".

Or not. Your crap is refuted. Let's hear what else you've got.

care

Heres the source...

here is a GOOGLE search link to HELP YOU WITH YOUR LINK....as you will see nothing but garbage...yet you do not have the capability of search the links on horus given bt wiki, and you expect us to believe the garbage you listed on horus?? pleaseeeeeee you just copied and pasted what some atheist MADE UP and posted on a kazillion anti christian/anti religious sites as truth and worthy of debate?

you should at least recognize the lies being passed around before expecting some kind or worthy debate, don't you think?

I mean especially Horus who bsically has the same story as Jesus, and here's his story for the skeptics Horus is the sun god of egypt. Horus was born on December 25th Horus was also born of a virgin. In the story of Horus, he was born of the star in

The OP acknowledges an agnostic basis of posting. There are other websites about the paralells, that were posted about the Horus story, regardless if any of it is accurate.

Jesus' and Horus' life events, etc.

The gospels are often alleged to originate from some vanished document, called, "Q," which was ancient. The Gospel of Mark is often regarded the closest to the actual source material.

So if there are abundant "divinity" stories around the Mesopotamian region, and there is also this "Q" document, then it does make some sense to wonder if the allegations of coincidence have an authentic basis.

Going further, however, the stories and mental puzzles that are ascribed to Jesus also have to be found to have been duplicated. I myself take Matthew 25::14-30, and put it against the backdrop of Matthew 20::1-16, and come up with an economic policy model, which follows.

The arithmetic of 1 A.D. had no decimal point. The Computing in the Matthew 25 story, however: Still tends to fit the Pythagorean Theorem, which was then of a religion, foreign to conquered Israel. The religion was Greek, the Phythagoreans. In the arithmetic, the household in the Parable of the Talents was only enriched 7 talents--which is close to the Pythagorean expectation, though it should have been enriched 8 talents. The "Pay Raise," enrichment computing was a fixed percentage. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer, even in the story. The next dismissable servant is the next one up the ladder, as it were. There is an example, in the story, of what happens in a full-scale, economic collapse--a long time ago,

We have, in recent current events: The same story. The rich houses lent the money. The poor couldn't repay the loans. The whole thing came tumbling on down. The unemployment rate went up, and many have been cast out.

Matthew 20 offers an equal-amount raise method, regardless if the laborers were hired at various times of the day. "The Last Shall be First, and First, Last," is an arithmetic statement of equality. The rich still stay rich, but the poor get more also. "Give us This Day, Our Daily Bread," is kind of like a Cost-of-Living-Adjustment. The COLA is of an equal amount computing.

In the United States, COLA's tend to be fixed percentage computed: Up and down the income scale. The equality solution is actually: Even a deficit reduction model.

At the trial before the Elders, Jesus ranted on, and even set himself up as an idol in Heaven. So if he had possibly been introducing parallels with the Egyptian deity story, in with the Greek Pythagorean story, and then compared himself to Ceasar in Rome to boot: Then something has to be said, for that.

This may have been an Ecumenical kind of guy, but he really, badly needed a lawyer! The Ministry was to include the poor in spirit.

More About Q, The Sayings, and just possibly some enlightenment about the appeal of the story of Jesus, at the time.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/gosp_q.htm

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Grandfather once had a vision of a hook-in-her, but back alleys are more heavily into residential cartons, now. We have evolved, as a species!)

Last edited:
I can prove there is a Higher Power or a God in some form by using physics.

It comes into play where the energy is set up in the singularity that created our big bang.

Because no physics can explain this is actually using physics to prove an existance of a higher power(God) of some form.

Because something had to set up the energy in the singularity that created the big bang and OUR universe this also means that OUR universe has to be within another universe.

I want to add that there are disturbing revelations coming about in the West (U.S. and U.K.) that are trending toward being a society evolving fast to be without a God of some form or (anti-christ)

Nostradamus simply used patterns to make his predictions.....

One pattern is how the World is changing its perception on the West and their influence on all of mankind. This pattern is right on the mark with the West being the land without God and possibly the land to be the 1/3 that burns like the Bible and Nostradamus predicts.

Look all around you and you will see the patterns of events are there.

I can prove there is a Higher Power or a God in some form by using physics.

It comes into play where the energy is set up in the singularity that created our big bang.

Because no physics can explain this is actually using physics to prove an existance of a higher power(God) of some form.
Sorry, CD, but that's an appeal to ignorance. saying we don't currently understand the underlying laws that govern the universe does nothjing to support a positive assertion of any supernatural entity. That's a logical fallacy.

In layman's terms: Saying 'I don't know, therefore god' is fucking retarded, you idiot.
Because something had to set up the energy in the singularity that created the big bang and OUR universe this also means that OUR universe has to be within another universe.

Define 'universe'. Are you familiar with M-Theory or the various 'bubble universe' theories?

&#9773;proletarian&#9773;;1827768 said:
Define 'universe'. Are you familiar with M-Theory or the various 'bubble universe' theories?

Haven't looked at them. I am working on my own theory which is quite probable.

I go into detail on how all life, along with matter, fits in OUR universe which lies within the universe of the Higher Power/God.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back