Jesus Christ Believers...

IDSSTING39

Christopher
Dec 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I am an agnostic, probably the best way to view the world and life because honetsly you don't know what's going to happen when you die. But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about these people in history who share the same story as Jesus and were born before Jesus...
Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

I mean especially Horus who bsically has the same story as Jesus, and here's his story for the skeptics
Horus is the sun god of egypt.
Horus was born on December 25th
Horus was also born of a virgin.
In the story of Horus, he was born of the star in the east,
and was adorned by three kings.
Horus was a teacher at 12 years old
and was baptized when he was 30, to begin his ministry.
Horus had 12 disciples who he travelled about with healing the sick, and walking on water.
He was called the lamb of god, the good shepard, yaddda yadda
Horus was also crucified, buried for Three Days
and then Ressurected.

$this_will_not_end_well.sized.jpg

Did Horus save a prostitute or adulterer from stoning by telling the rulers of his time, "he who is without sin cast the first stone, judge not least ye be judged"?

For which he could have been stoned too.

Last edited:
No one knows what Jesus was scribbling in the sand during that time, but my guess is the word "love".

Did Horus save a prostitute and tell the rulers of his time, "judge not least ye be judged"?

Jesus is a great role model.... But I want you to explain why you still believe in Jesus Christ even though somebody else had the same story as him and was born before him?

Did Horus save a prostitute and tell the rulers of his time, "judge not least ye be judged"?

Jesus is a great role model.... But I want you to explain why you still believe in Jesus Christ even though somebody else had the same story as him and was born before him?

I believe in Jesus the same way I believe in Socrates, second hand accounts of great and flawed men with legends attached.

Horus is not flawed, or a man.

Last edited:

I believe in Jesus the same way I believe in Socrates, second hand accounts of great and flawed men with legends attached.

do you believe he is the son of god?

Let me be clear here, I think Jesus existed, that he was a real man, a great man with a poetic understanding of the human condition for his time, a very hard time to live in.

I think if one reads the most basic parts of his teaching they will live a better life, or at least understand the suffering of life better, and be better.

I do not believe he was the son of God, anymore than we all are sons and daughters of God, I do not believe he was born of a Virgin or rose from the dead.

I understand why those who loved him so, and watched him die the way he did needed to believe he rose from the dead, and in their hearts and minds he probably did.

They loved him so much they needed to believe that. (I have conversations with my dead father all the time.)

But that does not make it so.

No more than religious cynicism makes his real life not so.

Last edited:
Let me be clear here, I think Jesus existed, that he was a real man, a great man with a poetic understanding of the human condition for his time, a very hard time to live in.

I think if one reads the most basic parts of his teaching they will live a better life, or at least understand the suffering of life better, and be better.

I do not believe he was the son of God, anymore than we all are sons and daughters of God, I do not believe he was born of a Virgin or rose from the dead.

I understand why those who loved him so, and watched him die the way he did needed to believe he rose from the dead, and in their hearts and minds he probably did.

But that does not make it so.

No more than religious cynicism makes his real life not so.

Ok I agree with you..... good comment.... but im an agnostic, do you agree with my view

Ok I agree with you..... good comment.... but im an agnostic, do you agree with my view

I agree you should be agnostic as long as that is what you experience.

I agree you should be true to your experience, be true to yourself.

Last edited:

The accounts of Socrates are not mutually exclusive and do not require Socrates traveling through time as a child.

The main reason that the story of Horus is not as awesome as that of Jesus is that he was the son of a lesser god. That alone makes his life just another life. Just like you an me.

The main reason that the story of Horus is not as awesome as that of Jesus is that he was the son of a lesser god. That alone makes his life just another life. Just like you an me.

So you accept the story of Horus?

But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about these people in history who share the same story as Jesus and were born before Jesus...
Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

Great guys, but I gotta say Krishna just can't hold her booze.

Oh, and Mithra is nothing but a man-whore.

All in all though, they throw some great parties.

The Christian religion may be just copycat. Heck they have been co-opting our pagan holidays for many yeats and now claim them as their own.

Easter and Christmas.

I am an agnostic, probably the best way to view the world and life because honetsly you don't know what's going to happen when you die. But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think about these people in history who share the same story as Jesus and were born before Jesus...
Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

I mean especially Horus who bsically has the same story as Jesus, and here's his story for the skeptics
Horus had 12 disciples who he travelled about with healing the sick, and walking on water.
and then Ressurected.

What do I think? I think if you don't vet your sources any better than this, it's a good thing you embrace "I-don't-know" as the "best way to go through life", because you're clearly going to do a lot of it.

First you explain to us why we owe you an explanation for why we believe in something. I don't recall anyone telling me I was required to justify my beliefs to some dork who believes everything he reads on the Internet, and THAT not very in-depth.

Horus The Sun God
Attis of Greece
Krishna of India
Dionysus (Greece)
Mithra of Persia

and then Ressurected.

nothing at all that you wrote about Horus is true, so there is nothing to comment on?

Horus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how about linking YOUR SOURCE?

Forum List

Back