Jesus and the public option

You have no choice, cheerful or otherwise....That's the whole point.

The word "giving" presumes volition, not compulsion.
If you believe in Jesus you don't really have a choice, either. You either give cheerfully or you answer to St. Peter. :eusa_whistle:

show one scripture where Jesus said to have your government do anything
one where he says to petition Caesar to take care of the poor

Show me one scripture where he says not to use government. So therefore, he's neutral in the idea.

Your comparing our freely elected government to Caesar? :cuckoo:
the only comparison in the bible would be to the ROmans, since they were the "government" at the time
you just show how fucking CLUELESS you really are

Like I said before, you are comparing our freely elected government to Caesar?

Thats like comparing George Bush to Hitler. Good job on the colorful medifore. Try looking at a thesauruses and find a more intelligent word next time.

Show me one scripture where he says not to use government. So therefore, he's neutral in the idea.

the only comparison in the bible would be to the ROmans, since they were the "government" at the time

Thats like comparing George Bush to Hitler. Good job on the colorful medifore. Try looking at a thesauruses and find a more intelligent word next time.
you are an idiot

The top 2 percent get away with not paying their fair share all the time. No sword, no gun.
Those doing the paying (your opinion as to what their "fair share" is nonwitstanding) aren't setting the policies and enforcing the tax laws, at gunpoint if necessary.

You can't be this obtuse by accident.

The top 2 percent are industry leaders and have lobbyist crawling all over Washington. They get away with it depending on witch party is in control. Now that Obama is in there, he is going after them hard.

The top 5 percent, in the last 10 years, have doubled their incomes while everybody else has lost between 12 and 20 percent. Thats the real wealth redistribution. Like scripture says," It doesn't matter how much you have, what matters is how much you give from what you have".

Nobody likes paying taxes. But I think of it as being fortunate enough to have a job and get to pay taxes. I don't care what government takes. Just as long as I have enough to meet my needs and a little to save for a rainy day. I have no use for wealthy or rich. More Americans need to adopt a similar outlook. If they did, greed and selfishness would be a thing of the past.

As long as you have those that support and applaud unbridled capitalism, things will never change. Do you want to know how wall street thinks? On their top ten most successful list of ceos of the decade, Bernie Made-off was #4. The other top 3 are now being investigated for insider trading. Great role models.

you are an idiot

:lol::lol::lol: God I love conservatives. So simple

Look in a dictionary and learn how to spell metaphor, "rev". :lol:

Then look up the difference between metaphor, simile and analogy. :lol:

Hey, not my fault. Thats what my spell check came up with. Im not an English major.

Last edited:
Look in a dictionary and learn how to spell metaphor, "rev". :lol:

Then look up the difference between metaphor, simile and analogy. :lol:

Hey, not my fault. Thats what my spell check came up with. Im not an English major.
You're not even a functional user of high school English, Bubba.

And if you were really using spell check, it'd correct your equally inept use of contractions.

Ceasar is widely interpreted as a metaphor for worldly government. It does not spell out the form of the government. In my view Jesus woud be saddened by the lack of "love thy neighbor as thyself" and would likely be angry at all who are selfish in the realm of health care. That encompasses a lot of people.

So my take is that Jesus would be expecting us to have mercy and compassion on the ill. If that fails He would probably find it acceptable that Ceasar took care of the problem as long as it is done honestly, fairly with mercy and compassion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back