Jesus and the public option

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I wonder, if Jesus were in the Senate today would he vote for a public option for health insurance?

I'd say yes.

What do you think?

I wonder, if Jesus were in the Senate today would he vote for a public option for health insurance?

I'd say yes.

What do you think?
I think he's not a senator, so he doesn't get a vote.
If he was around I'd suggest a countrywide tour of letting people touch him as he passed to negate the need for Health insurance. Think of how that would help the Federal deficit, when no one needed medicare/medicaid.

Gives a new meaning to Jesus Saves

If Jesus was in the Senate today, He would make a flail and kick every one of those corrupt politicians out of the Senate.

He would then go around and heal the people. He would also teach them good principles so that they will govern themselves.

Now will you please stop invoking the name of my Savior to support your efforts to take away freedom and liberty from this people and hand it over to corrupt people?

Now will you please stop invoking the name of my Savior to support your efforts to take away freedom and liberty from this people and hand it over to corrupt people?
I didn't realize that you own him and are his mouth piece.

Too late, the corrupt people already have taken your liberty, haven't you been listening to all the posters?
Please tell me I don't need a smiley, I detest those things.

I don't. I just really dislike it when people arrogantly try to use Him to justify oppression.

Are you honestly going to think that you think the Creator of the world, the most outspoken person against corruption and the person who can and does simply speak to heal people, is going to vote to allow government control the health care industry?

And I have no doubt that you would be one to condemn any Christian for the crusades or governmental abuse that occured in a Christian regime. Yet here you are using Christ for political gain and abuse.

I must say I am not surprised. But I am not impressed either. I recommend some humility.

I don't. I just really dislike it when people arrogantly try to use Him to justify oppression.

Are you honestly going to think that you think the Creator of the world, the most outspoken person against corruption and the person who can and does simply speak to heal people, is going to vote to allow government control the health care industry?

And I have no doubt that you would be one to condemn any Christian for the crusades or governmental abuse that occured in a Christian regime. Yet here you are using Christ for political gain and abuse.

I must say I am not surprised. But I am not impressed either. I recommend some humility.
You should take your own advice.

Yes, he would vote for a public option.. And pay no attention to these mindless conservatives.. They don't know a thing about Christ.. If they did they would be liberals too.. It also shows that they haven't actually read the bible.. Especially the parts where christ speaks..

Yes, he would vote for a public option.. And pay no attention to these mindless conservatives.. They don't know a thing about Christ.. If they did they would be liberals too.. It also shows that they haven't actually read the bible.. Especially the parts where christ speaks..
i would say it is YOU that don't know a thing about Christ

especially if you think Jesus would waste his time on something as silly as the senate
that alone shows you have no concept of his teachings

i would say it is YOU that don't know a thing about Christ

especially if you think Jesus would waste his time on something as silly as the senate
that alone shows you have no concept of his teachings

Ohh!! Wrong answer!! Prepare to be bitch slapped with the bible!!

Corporate Greed and the Religion of Wealth: In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other
sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle;
he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against
all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will
be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

BLAM!!! Strike down corperate wealth and greed!! Something you conservative have no clue about!!

Community: Love your neighbor as yourself. .[Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you.
[Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
[Matthew 19:21]

OOOOFF!! Just the way you morons treat liberals puts you at odds with those passages.. It does say to help the poor.. Something you care nothing about as you defund every social service..

Equality & Social Programs: But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

BIFFF!!! Oh and another social issue passage.. Care to start inviting the 45 million of uninsured into your home for your healing touch?? Or help the government do it.. And be proud of the taxes you pay as you will be repaid!!

Public Prayer & Displays of Faith: And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in
the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret…
[Matthew 6:6 & 7]

Crack!! Hey!! One against going to church?? How can that be??

Now that is going to leave a mark!!

I can and will bury you in scripture.. I know full well what Christs teachings were and what he stood for.. You are not it! You aren't even close!! Oooops..

“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1)
“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)

My bad sorry.. I hope you learn something..

sorry, you didnt "bitch slap" anyone
you prove once again you have no actual clue about Jesus

Last edited:
Envoking Jesus or or quoting The Bible to push your political agenda is tarded.

Whenever someone starts out their "point" with "Well The Bible says yada, yada, yada" I just roll my eyes and move on.

Whenever someone starts out their "point" with "Well The Bible says yada, yada, yada" I just roll my eyes and move on.

I bring it up because this thread is about what Jesus would do for one.. So that kinda makes the bible and what Christ said in the bible applicable..

Also it occurs to me that many consrvatives are on the wrong side of christianity and don't seem to know it.. So it is using their own weapon against them..

I bring it up because this thread is about what Jesus would do for one.. So that kinda makes the bible and what Christ said in the bible applicable..

Also it occurs to me that many consrvatives are on the wrong side of christianity and don't seem to know it.. So it is using their own weapon against them..
LOL you neither know Jesus, nor conservatives

LOL you neither know Jesus, nor conservatives

Ok.. This two thread thing sucks.. Pick one will you??

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

You guys are seriously really trying to argue that Jesus Christ would advocate government health care?

You guys are seriously really trying to argue that Jesus Christ would advocate government health care?
Yes.

And these are the same people who will wet themselves if someone dare to put a creche out front of city hall during Christmas.

Forum List

Back