Jesus and hell

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I have heard some say that Jesus "went to hell" after the crucifixion for 3 days before he was resurrected, I'm curious what the significance of this is, if someone can elaborate.

Hell that place in the spirit where is separating oneself from God. That's be happening here in the flesh for many who deny, accuse or blame God. Also, a thousand years is as a day so this process will happen for individuals in that position for awhile longer.

I have heard some say that Jesus "went to hell" after the crucifixion for 3 days before he was resurrected, I'm curious what the significance of this is, if someone can elaborate.

You claim to be a christain, yet don't know this?

Look up HADES....

I have known this for at least 40 years now...

From what I've heard, hell hasn't been created yet. The Bible says that God made Heaven, stars, sun, earth, moon, sea, land. But there’s no mention of him having made a Hell. Jesus never cast demons out of people and into hell.

But Jesus did struggle with Satan during the three days he was dead. When it was over, He had snatched the keys of death and what will be hell, from the hands of the devil.

Well, it says he paid the price for all sinners. I think that is the only significance, is that he directly paid the price, both in death in this world, and the punishment in the next world.

Every denomination has its own interpretation. There's no simple answer, particularly because the scriptural references are sparse, much like the notion of the tribulation.

Harrowing of Hell - Wikipedia

I imagine HELL would be living with trump

or working for him

Sheol. Bosom of Abraham
When he came back here? Dont touch me/I have not yet ascended

Rome was creating the mockery and ADVERSARY of the faith they were attempting to convert over to their authority 1 world religion.
So their icon went to the opposite of the creators creation(to become the gatekeeper of Hades [kingdom in death-read Rev 1:18, Rev 9:1], emulated the Baal (his father)worship by a 3 day risen story to lift the idol high abover his fathers throne, thus masking Baal worship with the new Judaic image to convert Jews to the old forbidden Baal worship with Rome being the authority and tax collector (tithes), because the tax revolts made it hard to control and subvert them.
The only mythology where the son tries to surpass the father and become higher then God is the prophecy of Lucifer who imposters Moshiach and claims to also be a god over God(Ezekiel 28 see sources below), and the Canaanite mythology of Athtar the Fierce. In the Canaanite mythology for those who don't know, it is known as the dying god mythology whereby the son (morning star) must die to surpass his father baal on the throne.
Jesus was claimed to be the fallen morning star (lucifer) in Rev 22:16
Now read the OT warning of
" the Fallen One"
Preachers even use this chapter to secret Lucifer.

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart [is] lifted up, and thou hast said, I [am] a God, I sit [in] the seat of God, in the midst of the seas(Rome); yet thou [art] a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God (this is like how the Popes claim to be viceroy and gods in Rome, set up as imposters of the Jerusalem Temple and throne and TRUE Authority)

Ezekiel 28:9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I [am] God? but thou [shalt be] a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.
*similar as in Isaiah 14:13-15 the ‘morning star’ would be sent down to the pit(perdition);
You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven,above the stars of God, and will set my throne on High...
I will ascend above the heights of the Clouds,I will be as the Most High."
Yet you will be brought down to the grave, to the sides of the pit!
Note that Jesus was indeed brought down to the pit (the grave)HELL (ACTS 2:27 and 1 Peter 3:19) for declaring himself God, as the "most"Most High, and holy king (John 8:57, 10:25-36, Psalm 82:1-8).
Later he rose from the Pit declared as God fulfilling the AntiChrist warnings.
So clearly he was the "son of perdition"-
The son who went to the pit.
Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the *king of Tyrus*(Tyrus meaning Rock, Jesus was the King of the Rock (the Church) and popular in TYRE according to the NT as in deemed a Prince of Tyre), and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
(similar- Isaiah 44 talks about the carpenter making an idol of a beautiful man (sinless-whitewashed image)and placing it on walls in homes and bowing to it.)
Ezekiel28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
(this is why it’s about Lucifer and not some literal king of tyre which Israel was in good trade relations with at the time he's clled a created image of a man)
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou [art]
the anointed (christ)
cherub (guardian=nazarene) that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezekiel 28:15 Thou [wast] perfect(sinless) in thy ways from the day that thou wast created(his image/icon was created with this intention), till iniquity was found in thee(till the information age exposed what the preachers avoided or whitewashed over).

*source: Rev 9:1 the fallen star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. Remember:
Jesus is the one admitting to having this Key to the abyss in
Revelation 1:18

Last edited:
Christ went to Abraham's Bosom, which was also called Paradise. (Remember what He told the man being crucified beside Him?)
Abraham's Bosom is where God had safely kept those that belonged to Him, but had not yet been cleansed of their sin by Christ and therefore could not ascend to Heaven. There was a deep chasm there that separated Abraham's bosom and Hell. The 2 groups could speak to each other. The rich man begged Abraham for a drop of water on his tongue:
Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Christ spoke to those in hell from Abraham's Bosom, < which held about ten thousand. Those 10 thousand, that had been waiting for Christ to appear, returned with Christ and stayed here for 40 days, just like Christ did. They ascended with Christ to Heaven when the 40 days were up.

Here are 2 testimonies of 2 priests who returned with Christ. The Temple priests found them at their homes and interrogated them. This is their testimony:
The Gospel of Nicodemus

Sheol is death, not hell. It means "grave" or "dirt pit." Like the Greek hades, both metaphorical terms related to judgments on nations that had become objectionable to God.

Gehenna was a dirt pit or grave as well, but a proper name referring to a specific tract of land known to every Jew since Joshua. This tract, the Valley of Hinnom, had been the seat of the worship of Moloch and consequently defiled by King Josiah (2 Kgs 23:10), and therefore associated with the prophecy of final judgment.

There was no hell for Jesus to descend to.

The dichotomy in the Scriptures is not between heaven and hell but between life and death (or spirit and flesh).

Look up HADES....

My understanding is that Hades was a Greek underworld, and it wasn't "hell", it was a dreary place where "ordinary" people went; Hell in Greek was Tartarus, a place of eternal torment where the wicked were sent and the Titans were imprisoned. (While Elysium was a Greek equivalent to Heaven, or a paradise where heroes went when they died).

(In some Bible translations, the Greek word Tartarus was supposedly used in place of hell, though in Hebrew, the word Gehenna was used to refer to it, while "Sheol" was something more akin to the Greek Hades; "Hell" is actually a Norse or Germanic word world derived from "Hel").

So this would definitely merit more research for those interested and curious.

Look up HADES....

My understanding is that Hades was a Greek underworld, and it wasn't "hell", it was a dreary place where "ordinary" people went; Hell in Greek was Tartarus, a place of eternal torment where the wicked were sent and the Titans were imprisoned. (While Elysium was a Greek equivalent to Heaven, or a paradise where heroes went when they died).

(In some Bible translations, the Greek word Tartarus was supposedly used in place of hell, though in Hebrew, the word Gehenna was used to refer to it, while "Sheol" was something more akin to the Greek Hades; "Hell" is actually a Norse or Germanic word world derived from "Hel").

So this would definitely merit more research for those interested and curious.

They are tied to the original Jewish/Pharisaic concepts. After death almost all souls will descend to sheol. The Greek term for sheol is Hades. In Jewish concept Hades seems to be zoned. It has a set aside place called the Lake of Fire reserved for the final judgment. Hades has another zone called the Abyss where the fallen angels are supposed to be chained. Some Jews also developed the concept that there's yet another zone called paradise for the custody of the good souls.

By extending a similar concept, though most humans descend to Hades after death, but some saints never tasted death, such as Elijah and Enoch. They may go else where. That's the concept of the Third Heaven and Abraham's Bosom. They ascend there instead of descending to Hades.

Hell is a broader term either from English or German. It can be used as an equivalent for both sheol/Hades or the Lake of Fire (i.e., a burning hell). In Christianity when it is said that Jesus descended to hell, it refers to sheol or Hades.

Last edited:
Jesus hung on the cross in the atonement for us, and at the end he said, "It is finished!" and he gave a loud cry, gave up the spirit, and died. It was all paid for then, there was no more suffered and no more struggle for anything. It was all done. All the sacrifices which were performed in Bible times among the people there were of use only for pointing to this atonement from what Jesus went through, no animals have had to keep dying for any of us. Whatever Jesus went to afterwards was without any suffering or struggle then, it was all accomplished.

He went to Hell, not to be punished because there was no sin in Him.

He besieged The Gates of Hell, took the keys to The Gates of Hell, and defeated Death and Took The Title Deed to Earth, Took The Crown of Adam. That Scroll is covered by 7 seals which Only Jesus The Christ can break open as He was both God and Man, and this is The Title Deed and Lordship Adam forfeited to Lucifer, Satan. These are the 7 seal judgments that occur as part of the Judgment and curses that occur during The Title Transfer. Within that scroll are 14 more Judgments, the 7 Trumpet Judgments, and 7 Bowl Judgments.

Jesus does not open The Title Deed To Earth until we see him do it in The Book of Revelations whenever that action occurs. This will not occur until the number of saved souls that The Father knows has been fully reached. Somewhere on Earth there is one person whom God knows will be The Last to Accept Christ before that scroll can be opened.

I believe though what you may actually be referring to, is Abraham's Bosom which was a type of temporary Heaven that was necessary to create until Christ was able to pay The Price for Sin, and there can be no corruption or sin in Heaven, so all good souls God deemed as good and Godly, He sent there first.

Once Jesus was crucified and paid The Wages of Sin, Jesus went in to that place and released all The OT Saints, resurrected them on Earth with their new bodies, and they walked around in Jerusalem, before Ascending to Heaven with Christ where they are now.

This reminds me of a joke many people who do not understand this will get, yet it's true.

Who is buried in The Grave of Moses?
Who is buried in The Grave of Noah?
Who is buried in The Grave of Abraham?

And so on and so on.

No One is buried in those graves. They sit in Heaven. They were resurrected and ascended with Christ after the veil of The Temple was torn in two.

In fact, we know specific locations of many of The Old Testament Saints, and there are No Bodies in those Graves. There are innumerable empty graves in Israel and no one can explain it.

But I just did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back