Jesus and Family?

Either back that up, or explain in anyway you can why it's ... "obvious my knowledge of the Bible is minimal or nonexistent".

Sounds like I hit a nerve, but, hey, thank you for not calling me an ugly name to show that you were offended that someone would question your great learning.

If you think you have a knowledge of the Bible, go ahead and think that; I don’t mind, but I have a far different opinion. The questions you ask are a pretty good indication to me that you’ve not studied the Bible and are not familiar with its teachings. I have a sneaking suspicion that the only real interest you have in the Bible is in bashing it or asking outrageous questions to show your supposed mental “superiority” to anyone who would give credibility to anything religious.

Or, if you are feeling bold - answer my questions... take all the time you need.

If you really want answers to your questions, I told you how to get them—study the Bible with serious intent to learn what’s written there. If it's too hard for you to tackle by yourself, there are plenty of Bible dictionaries, commentaries, concordances, and local Bible study groups available to help you out.

And as far as taking all the time I need to respond to you – don’t compliment yourself into thinking that someone would spent much time on your liberal
drivel.

It's nice to see threads still get thrown off track.

Anyway, it's no shock that this re-emerged, "The Da Vinci Code" assured that it would. It's not the first time something with no merit rose from the ashes at a convenient time, when a generation of people who weren't born when it originated are now registered voters.

I guess some people will have some fun with it, but it will ultimately die off again, as things like this do.

Sounds like I hit a nerve, but, hey, thank you for not calling me an ugly name to show that you were offended that someone would question your great learning.

I feel calm, and as a (mostly) atheist I have trouble getting offended in religious debates... and I rarely if ever call anyone insulting names here. (even when they are directed my way)

If you think you have a knowledge of the Bible, go ahead and think that; I don’t mind, but I have a far different opinion. The questions you ask are a pretty good indication to me that you’ve not studied the Bible and are not familiar with its teachings. I have a sneaking suspicion that the only real interest you have in the Bible is in bashing it or asking outrageous questions to show your supposed mental “superiority” to anyone who would give credibility to anything religious.

I did not claim to have so much knowledge, YOU claimed I have none, or very little. I askedyou to back that up. You are refusing (no problem).
Your sneaking suspicions aside - I was asking YOU for YOUR thoughts. Unless those are inside the Bible (if so, you are quite aged) then great!

If you really want answers to your questions, I told you how to get them—study the Bible with serious intent to learn what’s written there. If it's too hard for you to tackle by yourself, there are plenty of Bible dictionaries, commentaries, concordances, and local Bible study groups available to help you out.

And as far as taking all the time I need to respond to you – don’t compliment yourself into thinking that someone would spent much time on your liberal
drivel.

I ask believers of the Bible to answer some questions, most either haven't read as much as they should (as Christians) or try and spin the Biblical verses in question (remember my examples?) or avoid the questions all together (your response). Sorry if you feel threatened, but truth never hurst a cuase that is just. You should be able to stand by every verse in the Good book with pride, or admit it isn't the word of God.

Liberal drivel? How did Jesus respond to questions? Did he attack the man or address the question itself?

Forum List

Back