Jessica Tata v. Jeffrey Singer

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Several weeks ago, Houston metro father, Jeffrey Singer, left his special needs child alone and went shopping, so he said. Upon return, the 10-year old special needs child is found drowned, so we were told. Singer was charged with "intentionally or by omission causing serious bodily injury to his son, a first-degree felony" while the DA's office awaited autopsy report on Singer's son - http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110419-dead-special-needs-child-was-emaciated

That was weeks ago and nothing else has been said anywhere about the Singer case, while Jessica Tata (a daycare owner who neglected children, resulting in deaths) is constantly hunted and always on the news. Does the fact that Jeffrey Singer's case involves one unfortunate child makes Singer's case a lesser offense to society?

And while Jessica Tata's case is clear-cut case of negligence, Jeffrey Singer's case maybe case of premeditated murder.

Is the medical examiner still performing autopsy on the Singer child? How come there is no further news about the unfortunate Singer child who allegedly drowned while babysitting father went shopping, and yet the Harris county DA is constantly on Ms. Tata?

Last edited:
How are people to trust a judicial system allegedly operating under rule of law that uses one set of rules for some and another set for others?

"Maybe Singer has a better lawyer. Remember OK got off! And Robert Blake ..."? says one commentator on same topic in another discussion group.

How tragic that in a nation with superb laws, we just would not see past our biases. Perhaps lady justice is truly not blind.

From what I gather Singer is still an ongoing investigation.

And was the child care provider in the home when the children in her care died?

A 10 year old child can legally be left alone. I don't know the wheres and whatfors on this case, but I can see running to the store and leaving a kid, even a special needs one, alone for a few minutes. And occasionally, that risk is going to end up in tragedy because kids are dumb (even normal ones) and get themselves into pickles.

The news on this has zilch to do with the legal system.

If it bleeds it leads.

The daycare operator has a larger body count. She gets the headlines.

Both will be charged and tried accordingly.

If the father didn't actually kill his kid, he's already doing hard time.

And was the child care provider in the home when the children in her care died?

A 10 year old child can legally be left alone. I don't know the wheres and whatfors on this case, but I can see running to the store and leaving a kid, even a special needs one, alone for a few minutes. And occasionally, that risk is going to end up in tragedy because kids are dumb (even normal ones) and get themselves into pickles.

No she left them unattended too.

Singer claims to have left him in the bath tub....much to be suspicious in that case

R.D, I leave in Space City where it all happened and have been tracking both cases closely. No newspaper in Bayou City has given further report on the Singer case. The last we heard on the Singer case was about mid-April when DA's office told us it was awaiting autopsy report on deceased Singer child! And that was two (2) months ago!

Really, Alliebaba! It is okay to leave a 10-year old blind child with cerebral palsy home alone just to allegedly go shopping?

And as per Jessica Tata, you can find facts to your heart's contend everywhere. Thereafter, remember that this discussion is geared towards the actions of the DA's office.

Two Thumbs, the fact that the body count in Tata's case is higher does not make Singer's case of similar circumstances a lesser offense. Does the fact that the Joplin, Missouri's May 2011 tornado, resulted in lesser body count than that of Haiti's 2010 7.0 magnitude earthquake or 9.0 magnitude earthquake of Japan make Missouri less tragic?

Two Thumbs, the fact that the body count in Tata's case is higher does not make Singer's case of similar circumstances a lesser offense. Does the fact that the Joplin, Missouri's May 2011 tornado, resulted in lesser body count than that of Haiti's 2010 7.0 magnitude earthquake or 9.0 magnitude earthquake of Japan make Missouri less tragic?

You are not understanding what I'm saying or you are reading in what you want to.

I said nothing about any of it being more or less tragic.

The body count was higher, so the press concentrated on that due to the larger number bringing more of a shock factor.

R.D, I leave in Space City where it all happened and have been tracking both cases closely. No newspaper in Bayou City has given further report on the Singer case. The last we heard on the Singer case was about mid-April when DA's office told us it was awaiting autopsy report on deceased Singer child! And that was two (2) months ago!

Nothing has been released to the public. I would appreciate if you could post when ever something does get reported.

I agree, this doesn't pass the smell test. If Jonathan died in the tub and it went unreported it would be due to his father know he is in a world of trouble. I wonder too how the wife is not under investigation as well. The LE seems to be keeping things close to their chests....at least I hope so.

Two thumbs, I understood you very well. FYI: Zeroing in on "body count" implies more tragic. And I already asked you:

Does the fact that the Joplin, Missouri's May 2011 tornado, resulted in lesser body count than that of Haiti's 2010 7.0 magnitude earthquake or 9.0 magnitude earthquake of Japan make Missouri less tragic?

Nothing has been released to the public. I would appreciate if you could post when ever something does get reported.

I agree, this doesn't pass the smell test. If Jonathan died in the tub and it went unreported it would be due to his father know he is in a world of trouble. I wonder too how the wife is not under investigation as well. The LE seems to be keeping things close to their chests....at least I hope so.

R.D, I know. I also know that it does take more than two months for the Harris county medical examiner to conduct an autopsy on available body.

Forum List

Back