Jesse Ventura Suing TSA

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Now that he’s too old to take matters into his own hands, Ventura is suing the TSA because he’s tired of getting pat down when his titanium hip replacement sets off the metal detector going through airport security.

Ventura sides with the minority of sensitive travelers who think the TSA’s security measures violate their Fourth Amendment right protecting them against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Even though those residual checks from The Running Man probably aren’t bringing in the big bucks anymore, he’s not suing the TSA for monetary damages. Instead, he wants a court to agree that his rights have been violated and make him exempt from future screening procedures.

Jesse Ventura Sues The TSA | Reuters

Good. Maybe with his high profile and money to afford the legal expenses we can finally get this nonsense to be declared unconstitutional. My 70 year old aunt also has a hip replacement and must go through the same hassle as well when she flies. She always demands a private screening. This is nothing but theater.

Its a publicity stunt, much like Charlie Sheen entering rehab.

Its only meant to draw attention, not actually change anything.

Never realized Jesse was such a big pussy

Navy SEAL my ass

im sure he can prove he was.....and he raises a good point......if he goes through onetime and establishes that HE has a Titanium hip.....and he is a frequent flyer.....that should be in the TSA files so when he flies again they know this....end of story....

Navy SEAL my ass

im sure he can prove he was.....and he raises a good point......if he goes through onetime and establishes that HE has a Titanium hip.....and he is a frequent flyer.....that should be in the TSA files so when he flies again they know this....end of story....

Tough break for Jesse

Give people with titanium hips a free pass and terrorists will recruit people with titanium hips or grandmas or anyone else you don't check

He could go thru the naked scanner instead of getting a pat down.
The naked body scanners bathe you in radiation. You really think that's a viable option?

I opt out of the body scanners when I travel.

He could go thru the naked scanner instead of getting a pat down.
The naked body scanners bathe you in radiation. You really think that's a viable option?

I opt out of the body scanners when I travel.
From what I understand you get more radiation when flying than you do going through the scanner.

I don't really have a problem with the scanners but I do wish the hell they'd quit making me take off my shoes. :evil:

Navy SEAL my ass

Tough break for Jesse

Give people with titanium hips a free pass and terrorists will recruit people with titanium hips or grandmas or anyone else you don't check

oh geezus....jessie puts finger in fingerprint checker.....yep its Ventura not a terrorist....come on Rw i expect better of you than this shit.....

Tough break for Jesse
oh geezus....jessie puts finger in fingerprint checker.....yep its Ventura not a terrorist....come on Rw i expect better of you than this shit.....

Does Jesse deserve special treatment?

Does a fingerprint checker show you are not carrying explosives?

Tough break for Jesse

No to both...and Jesse is a little whacked, no? :eusa_eh:

Tough break for Jesse

Fingerprint scanners are easier to crack than Obama's promises. There is a reason you've seen them start to disappear from new technology.

Scan his retina, please.....which will at least tell us it is actually his eye, but still won't tell us if he has a baseball-sized chunk of C4 shoved up his ass.

Tough break for Jesse

your beginning to sound like your handle....no it wont show if he has explosives ....but it will show that he is Jessie Ventura and he has a Titanium hip,so proceed to the next step.......and this would be the way it would be for any frequent flier with metal parts....

It's such a hassle to actually arrive where you are going in one piece.

I like the idea of 2 different planes one where everyone went through security and one where no one did.

I know which plane I'll buy a ticket for.

The world changed on 9-11-01, and whether we like it or not we have to change a little bit with it.

Tough break for Jesse

Fingerprint scanners are easier to crack than Obama's promises. There is a reason you've seen them start to disappear from new technology.

Scan his retina, please.....which will at least tell us it is actually his eye, but still won't tell us if he has a baseball-sized chunk of C4 shoved up his ass.
are they?.....someone would have to have a copy of your fingerprint and place it on the scanner.....and since you said this i looked it up.....they are not disapearing they are getting better....this is what the security guys on Hub Pages said.....

Well, an optical scanner is too easy to trick, so I would stay away from those. What kind of security system is tricked by a simple image? Or a licked image?

The capacitive scanners, however, are much better. They still have their risks, but I can personally recommend a capacitive fingerprint scanner as a useful addition to a security system. Just don't count on it by itself.

If you're convinced that a fingerprint scanner is simply a bad idea, but you don't know what kind of security system sensors and alarms are available, you can try Total Home Security for some information on the available options.

your beginning to sound like your handle....no it wont show if he has explosives ....but it will show that he is Jessie Ventura and he has a Titanium hip,so proceed to the next step.......and this would be the way it would be for any frequent flier with metal parts....

And is there any guarantee that someone with a titanium hip would not try to smuggle explosives through a checkpoint?

All it takes is $$$$$$ to pay someone with a clearance to carry a package

are they?.....someone would have to have a copy of your fingerprint and place it on the scanner.....and since you said this i looked it up.....they are not disapearing they are getting better....this is what the security guys on Hub Pages said.....

Well, an optical scanner is too easy to trick, so I would stay away from those. What kind of security system is tricked by a simple image? Or a licked image?

The capacitive scanners, however, are much better. They still have their risks, but I can personally recommend a capacitive fingerprint scanner as a useful addition to a security system. Just don't count on it by itself.

If you're convinced that a fingerprint scanner is simply a bad idea, but you don't know what kind of security system sensors and alarms are available, you can try Total Home Security for some information on the available options.

The reason humans leave fingerprints is because of the oil your skin excretes.

The scanner doesn't read the oil, but guess what?

Its still there.

If you use a fingerprint scanner, I can have your fingerprint in about 10 seconds, and I'm not trained to do it.

A forensic examiner, or a kid who knows the process well, can do it in under 5 seconds, and leave no trace that he was ever there.

A capacitive scanner is harder to fool, but with the fingerprint, and some silicone, you're done.

The retinal scanner cannot be fooled. It can be incorrect (so can a fingerprint scanner), but it cannot be fooled into thinking an eye is in front of it when it is merely an image of the eye.

Forum List

Back