Jesse James

, whose attacks on civilians led to even the Confederates being ashamed of them.

Yes, the Confederates were indeed far more likely to be ashamed of such atrocities and condemn them, unlike most Northerners, who feel nothing but joy over the mass murders of Grant, Sherman, and Lincoln, who thoroughly enjoyed murdering civilians, including some 400,000 'freed' slaves, and of course it was Lincoln's generals who began the mass murders of native Americans as an official Federal policy even while the Civil War was raging, see Pope in Minnesota, and went on to further 'greatness' in the West as butchers, and the most corrupt President and politicos in 19th century American history.

Last edited:
The old west wasn't nearly as bloody and violent as The Ohio Valley Frontier.

Most of the violence in the West came from immigrants, especially in the California Gold Rush. Some two thirds of those came to the gold fields in the 1850's and after came from South America, Europe, and other places, for instance. Un-assimilated immigrants were a chronic crime and violence problem for most of American history from the early 1810's right up to the immigration reforms of the 1920's.

I watched most of the Brad Pitt movie the other night. I started to watch it years ago but fell asleep. This time round I managed most of it.I think Brad captures the psychotic nature quite well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back