JERUSALEM: The Heart Of The Jewish Nation

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Israel is here to stay and Jerusalem belongs to Israel...

JERUSALEM: THE HEART OF THE JEWISH NATION
What “Jerusalem Day” really means to Israelis.
June 8, 2017

Joseph Puder

ds.jpg

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 marked the 50th anniversary of “Yom Yerusalayim” or “Jerusalem Day.” This relatively new holiday is celebrated by Israelis, but also by large segments of the Jewish diaspora. It is a new addition to the Hebrew calendar, celebrating the unification of the city shortly after the Six Day War of June, 1967. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) recaptured the Old City of Jerusalem and its Jewish Quarter, which includes the Western Wall - a remnant of Solomon’s Holy Temple.

In 1948, the Arab Legion, commanded by British officer John Bagot Glubb, better known as Glubb Pasha, forcibly took the Old City of Jerusalem after a lengthy siege, and expelled all the Jewish residents within the Jewish Quarter. East Jerusalem and the Jewish Quarter became “Judenrein,” or cleansed of Jews. Those not expelled were killed. In June, 1967, 19 years later, the IDF returned the Jewish Quarter back to its rightful owners. Jerusalem was however celebrated as the capital of the Jewish people since the time of King David, approximately 1000 BCE, or for over 3,000 years.

On “Jerusalem Day,” thousands of Israelis flocked to the city to express their solidarity with the unified city of Jerusalem as Israel’s eternal capital. This show of solidarity was particularly poignant this year as it coincided with U.S. President Donald Trump’s visit to Israel, and his extraordinary tour of the Jewish Quarter and the Western Wall. President Trump, during his campaign for the U.S. Presidency, promised to move the U.S. embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, its historic capital. “Jerusalem Day” defies the international community judgement on Jerusalem, which has never “approved” the “unification” of the city under Israeli sovereignty, and many countries have not recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish state. This singular anti-Jewish bias must not stand.

President Trump, much like many of his predecessors, both democrat and republican, while promising to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, has given in to Arab-Muslim pressure. For Israelis though, Jerusalem will always be the country’s spiritual and political capital. Lest we forget, ‘Next Year in Jerusalem’ are the last words that conclude the Passover Seder, and many other Jewish occasions. The world may begrudge the Jews their fulfilled dream of once again being the sovereign in Zion. For Israelis however, “Jerusalem Day” celebrates the fulfillment of two millenniums of yearning, and that will never cease.

Jerusalem: The Heart of the Jewish Nation

THE HOLY CITY
is The Focus
Because, as the meaning of the word,
The City of Shalem in becoming the City of Shalom becomes humanity's
"Completeness, wholeness, & stability".
Especially at the HaShev of the Mikdash.

YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

The name is in the Temple (Mikdash)-
Melakim {I Kings8:43}(2Chronicles6)
Ma'aser Sheni in the Torah says
About tithing the produced food and eating it at the Temple:
“at the site that He shall choose to place His Name”

Granny says, "Dat's right...
cool.gif

Trump Recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital, Calls for Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem
December 6, 2017 | President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced that the U.S. will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and has instructed the State Department to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, thereby fulfilling his campaign promise.
“When I came into office, I promised to look at the world’s challenges with open eyes and very fresh thinking. We cannot solve our problems by making the same failed assumptions and repeating the same failed strategies of the past. All challenges demand new approaches,” he said. “My announcement today marks the beginning of a new approach to conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. In 1995, Congress adopted the Jerusalem Embassy Act, urging the federal government to relocate the American embassy to Jerusalem and recognize that that city and so importantly is Israel’s capital. This act passed Congress by an overwhelming bipartisan majority and was reaffirmed by unanimous vote of the Senate only six months ago,” the president said. “Yet, for over 20 years, every previous American president has exercised the law’s waiver, refusing to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem or to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city. Presidents issued these waivers under the belief that delaying the recognition of Jerusalem will advance the cause of peace,” Trump said. “Some say they lacked courage, but they made their best judgment based on facts as they understood them at the time. Nevertheless, the record is in. After more than two decades of waivers, we are no closer to a lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians,” he said. “It would be folly to assume that repeating the exact same formula would now produce a different or better result. Therefore, I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel,” Trump added. “Acknowledging this as a fact is is a necessary condition for achieving peace.”

The president said that President Harry Truman recognized the state of Israel over 70 years ago. He noted that Jerusalem is “the seat of the modern Israeli government” as well as “the home of the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, as well as the Israeli Supreme Court.” “It is the location of the official residence of the prime minister and the president. It is the headquarters of many government ministries,” he said. Furthermore, it is the place where U.S. presidents, secretaries of state and military leaders meet with their Israeli counterparts when visiting Israel as the president did during his trip to the Middle East earlier this year. “Jerusalem is not just the heart of three great religions, but it is now also the heart of one of the most successful democracies in the world,” the president said. “Over the past seven decades, the Israeli people have built a country where Jews, Muslims, and Christians and people of all faiths are free to live and worship according to their conscience and according to their beliefs. “Jerusalem is today and must remain a place where Jews pray at the Western wall, where Christians walk the stations of the cross and where Muslims worship at Al Aqsa Mosque. However, through all of these years, presidents representing the United States have declined to officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital,” Trump said. “In fact, we have declined to acknowledge any Israeli capital at all, but today we finally acknowledge the obvious, that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital. This is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do. It’s something that has to be done,” he said. “That is why consistent with the Jerusalem Embassy Act, I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This will immediately begin the process of hiring architects, engineers, and planners so that a new embassy when completed will be a magnificent tribute to peace,” Trump said.

The president clarified that his decision does not “reflect a departure from our strong commitment to facilitate a lasting peace agreement.” “We want an agreement that is a great deal for the Israelis and a great deal for the Palestinians. We are not taking a position of any final status issues, including the specific boundaries, Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem or the resolution of contested borders. Those questions are up to the parties involved. The United States remains deeply committed to helping facilitate a peace agreement that is acceptable to both sides,” Trump said. “I intend to do everything in my power to help forge such an agreement,” he said. “Without question, Jerusalem is one of the most sensitive issues in those talks. The United States would support a two-state solution if agreed to both sides. In the meantime, I call on all parties to maintain the status quo at Jerusalem’s holy sites, including the Temple Mount, also known as Haram ash Sharif.”

Trump Recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital, Calls for Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem

See also:

Rev. Graham: No President in My Lifetime Has Defended the Christian Faith Like Trump
December 6, 2017 - In reference to remarks made by President Donald Trump at the lighting of the national Christmas tree, Rev. Franklin Graham said no president in his lifetime had taken such a "strong, outspoken stand for the Christian faith" than President Trump and that he needs our prayers.
In a Dec. 1 post on Facebook, the day the tree was lit, Rev. Graham said, "Never in my lifetime have we had a president willing to take a strong, outspoken stand for the Christian faith like President Donald J. Trump has." "Whether you are Protestant, evangelical, Orthodox, Catholic -- all Christians need to get behind him with our prayers," said Graham.

screen_shot_2017-12-06_at_4.43.42_pm.png

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump.​

At the lighting event on Dec. 1, President Trump, in part said, “For Christians this is a holy season, the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Christmas story begins 2,000 years ago with a mother, a father, their baby son, and the most extraordinary gift of all – the gift of God’s love for all of humanity. “Whatever our beliefs we know that the birth of Jesus Christ and the story of this incredible life forever changed the course of human history. There’s hardly an aspect of our lives today that His life has not touched – art, music, culture, law and our respect for the sacred dignity of every person, everywhere in the world.

"... At Christmas we are reminded more than ever that the family is the bedrock of American life. “And so this Christmas we ask for God’s blessings for our family, for our nation. And we pray that our country will be a place where every child knows a home filled with love, a community rich with hope, and a nation blessed with faith.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michae...e-has-defended-christian-faith-trump[/center]

Related:

Feinstein Urges Trump Not to Change Jerusalem Policy, Six Months After Voting for Him to Do So
December 6, 2017 – Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein has written to President Trump, urging him not to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel or to announce he is moving the U.S. Embassy to the city.
Exactly six months ago Tuesday, the senior senator from California voted in favor of a resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of Israel’s reunification of Jerusalem, and calling on the president to “abide by” the provisions of the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act. That 1995 legislation said Jerusalem should be recognized as Israel’s capital, and required the president to move the embassy from Tel Aviv by May 31, 1999. Feinstein, the eighth-longest serving senator, voted in favor of it on Oct. 24, 1995. The legislation has been periodically waived ever since by Presidents Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama and – last June – Trump.

In her Dec. 1 letter to the president, which she drew attention to on her Twitter feed on Tuesday, Feinstein said that recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital “would spark violence, further alienate the United States and undermine the prospects of a two-state solution.” “Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital – or relocating our embassy to Jerusalem – will spark violence and embolden extremists on both sides of this debate,” she wrote. Feinstein noted that Democratic and Republican presidents alike have not recognized the city as the capital of Israel, “in order to remain impartial.” She warned Trump that his decision could put a “two-state solution” out of reach.

Meanwhile Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) was quoted by the Weekly Standard Tuesday expressing concern about Trump’s planned announcement, saying that the capital and embassy issues “should be part of negotiations for eventual final status.” Booker was one of 14 Democrats who joined 31 Republicans in co-sponsoring the resolution last spring calling on the president to “abide by” the provisions of the Jerusalem Embassy Act. But when the resolution, which was introduced by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), came up for a vote, Booker was one of ten senators who did not vote. It passed 90-0. Last January, Booker also co-sponsored – along with 29 other Democrats and 48 Republicans – a measure objecting to the passage of a controversial U.N. Security Council resolution which described areas disputed between Israelis and Palestinians, including eastern Jerusalem, as “occupied Palestinian territory.” (The Senate resolution has not been voted on.)

MORE

THE HOLY CITY
is The Focus
Because, as the meaning of the word,
The City of Shalem in becoming the City of Shalom becomes humanity's
"Completeness, wholeness, & stability".
Especially at the HaShev of the Mikdash.

YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name. That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

The name is in the Temple (Mikdash)-
Melakim {I Kings8:43}(2Chronicles6)
Ma'aser Sheni in the Torah says
About tithing the produced food and eating it at the Temple:
“at the site that He shall choose to place His Name”

This is the end of “ Right of Return”

There was always a disagreement about the numbers of Palestinians who could return, but it was for their own good being that overpopulation of such a small region would cause great risks like waste, sanitation and thus diseases, etc.
BESIDES the so called indigenous were actually mostly brought in at equal numbers to Jewish migration admitted in the Arab league archives where they called for matching immigration. The fake claims of being indigenous was done so they could claim return numbers in order that they'd have enough numbers to drive Jews out of their land. MANY bleeding hearts bought the propaganda and literally helped in the scheme to drive Jews out of the region, including Jimmy Carter.

There was always a disagreement about the numbers of Palestinians who could return, but it was for their own good being that overpopulation of such a small region would cause great risks like waste, sanitation and thus diseases, etc.
BESIDES the so called indigenous were actually mostly brought in at equal numbers to Jewish migration admitted in the Arab league archives where they called for matching immigration. The fake claims of being indigenous was done so they could claim return numbers in order that they'd have enough numbers to drive Jews out of their land. MANY bleeding hearts bought the propaganda and literally helped in the scheme to drive Jews out of the region, including Jimmy Carter.

Everybody knows that “ Right of Return” would eventually wipe Israel off the map.

Not taking anything away from anyone but of the nations Russia was the first to take this tentative step albeit only to western Jerusalem...Regardless when the United States behaves in a forthright and proper leadership manner others follow suit such as so far possibly the Philipines and the Czech Republic... Kudos to President Trump for his leadership role...

Abi doesn't understand the meaning of the
Al Isra (Night Journey) nor do they listen
to Sura 2:98.

I am so disappointed that the idiot in the White House has made his declaration in relation to Jerusalem.

He knows not what he has done.

I am so disappointed that the idiot in the White House has made his declaration in relation to Jerusalem.

As the saying goes:

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't'

One way was tried, let us try the other one now.

As the saying goes:

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't'

One way was tried, let us try the other one now.

"the other way" ? Further alienation of people?

You think that is a good way?
No. Not alienation .
Not minding the endless screams and tantrums from the Muslim leaders and countries if they do not get their way.

That was tried for too long.

Time for the other way.

Just like a child, if one gives in too much, the child becomes the parent and the parent the child.

Not a single nation on Earth has joined the US in this moonbat shit. None. There is absolutely no reason to do this other than to piss in the face of every Muslim in the Middle East. Netanyahu and Trump, both children, have elevated the desires of 6 million people above the lives and well being of 7 billion people.

I used to have great respect for Israel and supported them in their having a country. No more. THEY are the criminals in the world now. And everything that comes their way now and in perpetuity from now until this ridiculous move by Lying Donald Fuckface is reversed is deserved by the Israelis. You started your country by bombing a hotel and killing nearly 100 people Israel. Now your just desserts will be finding you sleeping in your beds.

A moment I never thought could arrive, the day I no longer support Israel. But it has arrived. Brought on by the most ignorant minority of people in the US we've seen since lynchings were taking place in the South.

Not a single nation on Earth has joined the US in this moonbat shit. None. There is absolutely no reason to do this other than to piss in the face of every Muslim in the Middle East. Netanyahu and Trump, both children, have elevated the desires of 6 million people above the lives and well being of 7 billion people.

I used to have great respect for Israel and supported them in their having a country. No more. THEY are the criminals in the world now. And everything that comes their way now and in perpetuity from now until this ridiculous move by Lying Donald Fuckface is reversed is deserved by the Israelis. You started your country by bombing a hotel and killing nearly 100 people Israel. Now your just desserts will be finding you sleeping in your beds.

A moment I never thought could arrive, the day I no longer support Israel. But it has arrived. Brought on by the most ignorant minority of people in the US we've seen since lynchings were taking place in the South.
Spoken too soon?

Czech Republic follows Trump, recognizes Jerusalem

So much misinformation in so few paragraphs.

Oh, well.

The thing is they always tried to hem the Jews in... The placed the Jews of Russia in the Russian PALE where they left them to fend for themselves for years and sent the Cossacks in to terrorize them to keep them under control and now that they tried the same concept and have surrounded the Jews in Israel with another PALEstine using Arab terrorism to keep them under control they must be getting desperate as their controls are slipping... Funny if you study history long enough you get to figure out how the game is played now that Trump has upended the apple cart the globalists will have to regroup and figure out their next move that is why they are against strong nation states like the United States and Israel with a strong sense of self worth and importance... They can’t have a country like Israel fending off their desires as it stops them from freely moving populations around so that the people are interchangeable and easily controlled and fragmented..

Forum List

Back