Jerusalem Corpus Separatum

l
Discussing Mecca is a bit of 'red herring'... How many other religions, other than Islam, makes any sort of claim to Mecca?

But all we would have to do to claim Mecca is to build a synagogue there. Then its ours too.

Edited to add: Not that I am arguing for Jewish exclusivity. But then, no one is arguing for Jewish exclusivity.

They are still less than the Jewish connection

And that's the problem with you zionuts...

Always 'better' than everyone else!

Until the ZIONISTS change their attitude there will NEVER be peace... End of story...

You can try and 'blame' everyone else, trouble is, everyone else knows where the problem lies....

I don't think it's that Humanity. I'm not particularly religious. It's hard hard for me to really understand these kind of connections, it's not part of my background. But I do think it's important to note that for Jews, it is The Most Important holy site. For Muslims, it's the third and I am not sure where it is for Christians.

Because it is so important to 3 faiths, access must be preserved for all of them, as well as respect and tolerance. But I've given a lot of thought to this, and to what ForeverYoung said - which was very well said and non-controversial, as well as what others have said. Jeruselum is interwoven in every part of Judaism - ritual, song, prayers - and that is nothing new. It is less so in Christianity and Islam. I think it needs to be recognized that the Judaic ties to Jeruselum are deeper than those of Islam, where it's tertiary, and Christianity. That's not being "better than" or "blaming" or anything - it's simply acknowledging the validity of that religion. Would you be saying the same to a Muslim, discussing that religion's ties to Mecca?

I agree with you...

It's impossible for Jews, Muslims, Christians to declare 'exclusivity' to Jerusalem... Therein lies the problem!

Discussing Mecca is a bit of 'red herring'... How many other religions, other than Islam, makes any sort of claim to Mecca?

I don't think the Jews are declaring "exclusivity" but primacy and because I feel very strongly that rights to it must be preserved and protected for all 3 religions, I feel that whatever body has control of Jerusalem's Holy Sites must be multi-religous in nature.

I brought up Mecca not because it's a shared property but because of it's intense religious importance to Islam which is equivalent to Jerusalem's importance to Judaism and it's lesser importance to the other two faiths.

Forum List

Back