Jerry Jones: Cowboys Will Stand For The Flag Or “Your Ass Will Be Off The Team”

JoeMoma, post: 18229043
The athletes represent the NFL at the game and pregame. If there actions are view by a significant percentage of fans as disrespecting the flag and the good ol' USA, then there will soon be less fans....less customers. It really isn't a difficult concept.

So help the idiots out by showing them that none of this about disrespecting the flag.

I realize this is difficult because the President of the United States is the biggest idiot on this as there is.

He needs the divisiveness. Being an idiot is a political asset to him but only for 37% of adults tops.
You call others stupid (earlier post) and idiot. Look in the mirror dude. Disrespecting the flag and thus the country is what is offensive to many Americans that are usually otherwise happy NFL fans.
While it's true that people don't have a right to not be offended, those that are offended by the protest that they view as disrespecting the flag and the country are free to stop being NFL football fans as there own counter protest.

JoeMoma, post: 18230696
While it's true that people don't have a right to not be offended, those that are offended by the protest that they view as disrespecting the flag and the country are free to stop being NFL football fans as there own counter protest.

Sure they can. Leave the game. Go away. Watch curling. But don't go claiming that the players are disrespectful of the flag. That is bullshit.

Fans surely can opine that taking a knee is evil but standing arm and arm is ok (Trump's idiot idea) and not want to have their precious 2 mins of flag watching disturbed, but it is utter bullshit to stake out claims that their patriotism and love for America is greater than that of any player that chooses to protest.

You don't get to question any other's patriotism as your justification for giving up on your entire team. Go fly your own flag and sing in your front yard right before the game starts if it bothers you so much.

Sure they can. Leave the game. Go away. Watch curling. But don't go claiming that the players are disrespectful of the flag. That is bullshit.

Fans surely can opine that taking a knee is evil but standing arm and arm is ok (Trump's idiot idea) and not want to have their precious 2 mins of flag watching disturbed, but it is utter bullshit to stake out claims that their patriotism and love for America is greater than that of any player that chooses to protest.

You don't get to question any other's patriotism as your justification for giving up on your entire team. Go fly your own flag and sing in your front yard right before the game starts if it bothers you so much.
If the players were playing for free then they would not need the fans. The oppressed players (note sarcasm) are earning millions of dollars because of the fans. Bullshit or not, NFL players who are making millions because of how the fans spend their money should give those fans some consideration.

JoeMoma, post: 18230745
f the players were playing for free then they would not need the fans. The oppressed players (note sarcasm) are earning millions of dollars because of the fans. Bullshit or not, NFL players who are making millions because of how the fans spend their money should give those fans some consideration.

The problem lies with the fans who can't have their precious two minutes before the game disturbed. They don't have to watch or go to games. Leave. Go away.

When the players play well as a team I suspect these irate fans will get over their overhyped outrage and watch.

The majority of Americans don't agree with Trump. The players big money is safe.

If two percent of fans leave because they can't stomach a peaceful sideline protest, the worst that can happen to players is a two percent reduction in pay. So what?

Ignorant fans perhaps hoped to turn white players against black. Won't happen.

Trump's attempt to get owners to tell players to STFU or be fired ended in a massive fail last weekend.

If the players were playing for free then they would not need the fans. The oppressed players (note sarcasm) are earning millions of dollars because of the fans. Bullshit or not, NFL players who are making millions because of how the fans spend their money should give those fans some consideration.

Not one of the players knelt because THEY are oppressed. That has never been the issue. They are speaking out on an issue in which they feel strongly. And many of those players have given large sums of money to help others.

Shep Smith on Fox News had a great take on the protests.
from: Fox’s Shep Smith: Protesting NFL players aren’t attacking the flag
"Smith on Monday argued Trump’s attack on the NFL could be a way to distract from issues the administration is currently faced with, including struggling health-care legislation and North Korea’s ongoing aggression.

“It’s very clear that for his base, this is the red meat of all red meat. Because they’re able to reframe this. They’re able to say, ‘Oh, they’re attacking the national anthem, they’re attacking the troops, they’re attacking the flag,’ ” Smith said.

“None of which they’re doing. They’re not doing any of that. They’re upset about racial injustice in the country and they’re upset about the things that the president has said, and yet he’s able to turn it around for his base. Isn’t this all a play to his base, and could it possibly be so that they don’t notice there is no health care and North Korea’s the biggest mess since the Cold War?”"

f the players were playing for free then they would not need the fans. The oppressed players (note sarcasm) are earning millions of dollars because of the fans. Bullshit or not, NFL players who are making millions because of how the fans spend their money should give those fans some consideration.

The problem lies with the fans who can't have their precious two minutes before the game disturbed. They don't have to watch or go to games. Leave. Go away.

When the players play well as a team I suspect these irate fans will get over their overhyped outrage and watch.

The majority of Americans don't agree with Trump. The players big money is safe.

If two percent of fans leave because they can't stomach a peaceful sideline protest, the worst that can happen to players is a two percent reduction in pay. So what?

Trump's attempt to get owners to tell players to STFU or be fired ended in a massive fail last weekend.

I wonder, the people who are so mad about the protests, do THEY stand during the national anthem when they watch the game at home? I have been in a lot of places to watch games. People's homes, my home, bars, ect. I never saw the room go quiet or everyone stand for the anthem.

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

‘Trump can’t divide this’: Cowboys, along with owner Jerry Jones, kneel before anthem in Arizona

‘Trump can’t divide this’: Cowboys, along with owner Jerry Jones, kneel before anthem in Arizona

:clap2:
It clearly shows that Jones is nothing more then a fuking liar. He no more cared about the protest, all he cared about is his team losing money. That is all this is about MONEY. Trump is a genius in showing the hypocrisy of the team owners.

Jerry Jones is all about the money? Of course he is. The Cowboys are a business.
So, you have no problem with him not kneeing in support when the kneeling was all about social justice, but when the shield is attacked then he no longer feels patriotic he feels he has to make a statement and the players go right along with him.

Put along side him all the black players who said they would NEVER disrespect the flag by kneeling, NEVER! Yet they did, they lowered themselves to protecting, or at least trying to protect, the shield.

I wonder, the people who are so mad about the protests, do THEY stand during the national anthem when they watch the game at home? I have been in a lot of places to watch games. People's homes, my home, bars, ect. I never saw the room go quiet or everyone stand for the anthem.
it is simply amazing the idiotic arguments that those who disrespect the flag, the country and those who served come up with.

Standing for the anthem is done by standing and facing the flag, there normally is not a flag in people's home. Also it is a public ceremony not a private ceremony. It is a public display of respect for the flag, the country and those who served. To try and make it something else is BS, and very disingenuous, but that is what we have come to expect.

Last edited:

It clearly shows that Jones is nothing more then a fuking liar. He no more cared about the protest, all he cared about is his team losing money. That is all this is about MONEY. Trump is a genius in showing the hypocrisy of the team owners.

Jerry Jones is all about the money? Of course he is. The Cowboys are a business.
So, you have no problem with him not kneeing in support when the kneeling was all about social justice, but when the shield is attacked then he no longer feels patriotic he feels he has to make a statement and the players go right along with him.

Put along side him all the black players who said they would NEVER disrespect the flag by kneeling, NEVER! Yet they did, they lowered themselves to protecting, or at least trying to protect, the shield.

No idea where all that came from. I was responding to your comment that Jones is all about the money.

No idea where all that came from. I was responding to your comment that Jones is all about the money.

Agree and that is why owners are kissing the blacks ass

-Geaux

Agree and that is why owners are kissing the blacks ass

-Geaux
Both of you miss the point and should watch the video of Shannon Sharpe which I posted. The owners, especially Jones, did not give a crap about protest prior to Sunday. He did not care about kissing their asses. He was all up in their faces about not kneeling. What changed? Simple, Trump made some statements, all true, that they perceived as an attack on the NFL shield. They no more care about some black kid who was shot by cops today then they did before Trump's comments. They are two faced greedy bastards.

Last edited:

Ignorance is not an excuse.

The whole conversation is about what? A protest. A protest that was about nothing but Trump's comments not about some black kid being wrongfully shot. The owners prior to Trump's comments put flag before protest. After Trump's comments it was all about protecting the shield.

Here, I don't agree with all of what he says, but what he says about the motivation of the owners is spot on.

it is simply amazing the idiotic arguments that those who disrespect the flag, the country and those who served come up with.

Standing for the anthem is done by standing and facing the flag, there normally is not a flag in people's home. Also it is a public ceremony not a private ceremony. It is a public display of respect for the flag, the country and those who served. To try and make it something else is BS, and very disingenuous, but that is what we have come to expect.
Why isn't there a flag in your home? Don't you love America?

God Bless Jerry Jones and God Bless the state of Texas.

All the men and women who risk their lives for that flag appreciate his request for respect. It's the least anyone in America can do you can deal with your political views in other ways, not standing for the flag is not the way to do it.

I think it high time I became a Cowboys fan.
Standing for the pledge should mean, "standing for fiscal accountability as well".

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

Why isn't there a flag in your home? Don't you love America?
I fly a flag 365/24, I have respect for those who served, those who have provided me with all I have. You? You and the NFL sound like spoiled children.

So, were the Ravens kneeling in respect to the US flag then standing in disrespect for the British national anthem? Can you come up with an even more BS observation? Yes, I am challenging you.
Challenging me with what? Monoculturalism. You have to prove, kneeling is a form of disrespect.

Forum List

Back