Jerry Falwell just died

No Chips, the preceeding passage in Luke is a parable that hadn't happened but obviously takes place after Jesus returns. The bible is pretty clear that a war takes place after he returns. You didn't expect the final battle between good and evil to follow the Geneva Conventions did you?

Again, you take passages out of context. I don't deny the bible is full of contradictions and is open to interpretation. I personally don't believe in the literal translation, but as a whole, I think we're better off with Christianity today than without. If people can conform to society through religion and do some charity because of their beliefs, why do you have such a problem with it?

Dirt, earlier:
That link debunks one of your earlier posts:

If I recall correctly, I was asked here to cite one instance where Jesus was as big a \!/ as His Trinitarian alter-ego, His Father. Your interpretation of the "Parable of the Pounds" confirms just that.

According to you, Jesus intends to have all those, billions of people, who didn’t accept him as King of the Castle killed. What an uber petulant, genocidal, little ego trip!

Especially seeing as He deliberately makes His words gobble-de-gook to those who have been condemned to Hell since before the beginning of time! :eusa_doh:

Although how, in your admittedly semi-divine interpretation, :bowdown: He manages to kill them after they have already died, but still manages to keep them alive to torture them throughout eternity, is gonna be a real neat trick.

Perhaps He only means to symbolically kill them? :D

Funny that, how He wants the blackest of sinners to “come to him” but He does a Tower of Babel on their brain so His words are utter gibberish when they try to read His pesher parables. :wtf:

I wonder why He spoke in indecipherable gibberish to beetle-browed bucolic Hebrew Bubbas when proselytising for **** converts? I can just see the bewildered look on the inbred faces of the sister-fucking Bubbas up in the Blue Ridge Mountains if He tried it on them! :wtf:

How wonderfully serendipitous this impasse proves for you proselytising "Grand Commission" Proddies to be the sole decoders of His words, eh?

What makes me wonder though is WHY you Christians, knowing Jesus (or one of His other imaginary playmates) has fucked up my thinking, would want to argue the point with me?

Knowing God's mind as you do and how little I know, isn't that like shooting fish in a rain barrel?

Obviously Salivation doesn't fix low self-esteem. :eusa_drool: :badgrin:

Don’t bother, McGirt, I already know. “Yet again you have taken everything out of context/You can’t interpret parables because Jebus has confounded your satanic thinking/The ways of the Lords are beyond our puny minds..." etc, etc, etc.

Don’t bother, McGirt, I already know. “Yet again you have taken everything out of context/You can’t interpret parables because Jebus has confounded your satanic thinking/The ways of the Lords are beyond our puny minds..." etc, etc, etc.
Actually I was going to say that you're a pompous old man who's probably been dealt one too many bad hands in life. And after having your desperate prayers of "why me?" go unanswered, you decided that there was no God and in your bitterness and existential inferiority found satisfaction in telling other people that God doesn't exist.....but what you wrote works too. Poor guy. I bet you visit small children's orphanages and tell little kids that Santa Claus isn't real so you can feel intellectually superior to everyone else. So religion and God didn't work out for you Chips, too bad. The bottom line is that you're still better off with other people believing in Christianity than if they didn't.

Actually I was going to say that you're a pompous old man who's probably been dealt one too many bad hands in life. And after having your desperate prayers of "why me?" go unanswered, you decided that there was no God and in your bitterness and existential inferiority found satisfaction in telling other people that God doesn't exist.....but what you wrote works too. Poor guy. I bet you visit small children's orphanages and tell little kids that Santa Claus isn't real so you can feel intellectually superior to everyone else. So religion and God didn't work out for you Chips, too bad. The bottom line is that you're still better off with other people believing in Christianity than if they didn't.

Why would I want to “pray” when your evilly deceitful Jesus doesn’t even answer His own snivelling "save-me" prayers to Himself, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but your’s be done” and He can't grow new legs for amputees?

If He won't answer His own prayers, what hope has a non-American like me got?

I may as well pray to Sam or Lochie! (PBUT!!) :bowdown: :bowdown:

IMO, only nutcases and/or out-and-out narcissists expect an imaginary genocidal Jew in the sky to suspend reality on behalf of their self-admitted “unworthy” selves when they "pray."

Besides, I think crawling to anyone or anything is disgusting. I can't conceive of a God who only saves cowardly crawlers. :eusa_sick: :eusa_sick:

Like my old man used to say, "Don't beg, you're old enough to steal!" :lol:

It is the cool thing to do these days to bash Christians

Bill Maher's 'View': Church Going Old Ladies 'Enablers' to Religious Violence
Posted by Justin McCarthy on April 16, 2007 - 13:58.
Bill Maher, host of HBO’s "Real Time," appeared on the April 16 edition of "The View" to voice his opposition to all religion. Maher asserted that "pretty much all religion" is bad and all religion is "childish destructive nonsense." Co-host, Joy Behar inquired "What about people who just like to go to church, you know, the old ladies in my neighborhood who used to go and light a candle?" Maher responded likewise.

"They are certainly better than people who fly planes into buildings, yes. But they are enablers for some thing that is worldwide and winds up killing more people, distracting us from more good works."

According to Maher’s logic, the Salvation Army, Father Joe’s Villages, and church going conservatives who donate more to charity than secular liberals, are all "distracted from more good works."

Maher continued to call faith a "distraction," "the greatest con in the world" that’s "selling an invisible product." Behar then opined that science does not explain how "it all started." Maher agreed but quipped that "there is no reason to make [an answer] up." Maher proceeded to call the instructing of intelligent design alongside evolution teaching "stupidity alongside knowledge." Barbara Walters jokingly expressed concern over whoever will have to read the incoming mail.
http://newsbusters.org/node/12064

Originally posted by Chips Rafferty
Why would I want to “pray” when your evilly deceitful Jesus doesn’t even answer His own snivelling "save-me" prayers to Himself, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but your’s be done” and He can't grow new legs for amputees?

I may as well pray to Sam or Lochie! (PBUT!!)

IMO, only nutcases and/or out-and-out narcissists expect an imaginary genocidal Jew in the sky to suspend reality on behalf of their self-admitted “unworthy” selves when they "pray."

Besides, I think crawling to anyone or anything is disgusting. I can't conceive of a God who only saves cowardly crawlers.

Like my old man used to say, "Don't beg, you're old enough to steal!"

Chips

Christianity began with a debate about the divinity of Jesus.

Soon after his death his followers began questioning the ultimate meaning of his life.

Was he a man, an ordinary prophet or God incarnated?

Ironically, it’s likely that Christianity will end with a debate about the divinity of Jesus too.

If my speculation is right, Christians will slowly began thinking about him as an enlightened human being like Buddha and Confucius and not as the son of God anymore.

To his last followers, he will continue to be Jesus (the moral philosopher) but he won’t be Christ anymore (the Messiah).

But regardless of the final destiny of Christianity and the other religions, the belief in God will certainly survive the death of today’s religions and will still be around for many centuries/millennia to come.

And this is true for a very simple reason:

Humans are afraid of dying, Chips.

We fear the same fate we impose to so many animals and fellow humans everyday.

Maybe someday, in the far future, science will finally discover that the ultimate reason behind the cosmos is a set of super laws of nature.

But even if man finds out that the physical universe is self explanatory through these super laws and doesn’t need any metaphysical meaning, the belief in God will probably survive for some time at least.

It will survive because God is an answer to our most primal instinct, the survival instinct.

Atheists insist that if and when all the deepest issues of the universe are answered by natural laws “the temptation to retreat into unreasoned belief will disapear”.

But I doubt these natural laws can do anything to relieve the burden of our own mortality.

Think about all this, Chips, and maybe, just maybe, the resentment you feel towards religion will give way to understanding.

I may as well pray to Sam or Lochie! (PBUT!!) :bowdown: :bowdown:

Besides, I think crawling to anyone or anything is disgusting. I can't conceive of a God who only saves cowardly crawlers. :eusa_sick: :eusa_sick:

Like my old man used to say, "Don't beg, you're old enough to steal!" :lol:

Sounds like you take after your father Chips!

Why didnt you just say..."Hi my name is Chips Rafferty And I am one dumb ass muther fucker"..

You could have saved some typing...

Do you have this shit book-marked?

Or do you save the article and link in a folder and lebel them accordingly by subject so when someone brings a topic up you can flip through your mental rolodex of things to say, then copy and post it?

You still have nothing of your own to say, except ''libs bash this, and dems bash that''

Parrot.

José;566416 said:
Chips

Soon after his death his followers began questioning the ultimate meaning of his life.

Ironically, it’s likely that Christianity will end with a debate about the divinity of Jesus too.

If my speculation is right, Christians will slowly began thinking about him as an enlightened human being like Buddha and Confucius and not as the son of God anymore.

To his last followers, he will continue to be Jesus (the moral philosopher) but he won’t be Christ anymore (the Messiah).

But regardless of the final destiny of Christianity and the other religions, the belief in God will certainly survive the death of today’s religions and will still be around for many centuries/millennia to come.

Maybe someday, in the far future, science will finally discover that the ultimate reason behind the cosmos is a set of super laws of nature.

But even if man finds out that the physical universe is self explanatory through these super laws and doesn’t need any metaphysical meaning, the belief in God will probably survive for some time at least.

It will survive because God is an answer to our most primal instinct, the survival instinct.

Atheists and agnostics insist that if and when all the deepest issues of the universe are answered by natural laws “the temptation to retreat into unreasoned belief will disapear”.

But I doubt these natural laws can do anything to relieve the burden of our own mortality.

Think about all this, Chips, and maybe, just maybe, the resentment you feel towards religion will give way to understanding.

I only read the first three sentences, and its pretty clear your clueless and should not be giving Chistianity history lessons...

Are trying to look stupid?

If so... Good Job!!! Your doing great!

Bill Maher, host of HBO’s "Real Time," appeared on the April 16 edition of "The View" to voice his opposition to all religion. Maher asserted that "pretty much all religion" is bad and all religion is "childish destructive nonsense." Co-host, Joy Behar inquired "What about people who just like to go to church, you know, the old ladies in my neighborhood who used to go and light a candle?" Maher responded likewise.

"They are certainly better than people who fly planes into buildings, yes. But they are enablers for some thing that is worldwide and winds up killing more people, distracting us from more good works."

According to Maher’s logic, the Salvation Army, Father Joe’s Villages, and church going conservatives who donate more to charity than secular liberals, are all "distracted from more good works."

Maher continued to call faith a "distraction," "the greatest con in the world" that’s "selling an invisible product." Behar then opined that science does not explain how "it all started." Maher agreed but quipped that "there is no reason to make [an answer] up." Maher proceeded to call the instructing of intelligent design alongside evolution teaching "stupidity alongside knowledge." Barbara Walters jokingly expressed concern over whoever will have to read the incoming mail.

…says RSR, as he unhitches another homersexchul from the back of his 54 Chevvy pickup. :eusa_drool:

“For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction” (…even if it comes 2000 years too late!)

Do ya think that this ”evil” librul reaction might reflect their fear and anger of the increasing involvement of rabid Chrischuns in U.S. politics, Jubal? :eusa_think:

Do ya think that even ultra conformist, “Me too!” Americans - who would all turn Muslim in a thrice if they thought everyone else was - might be starting to recall the last time these loons ruled the roost in their own right? And consequently they are starting to drop the charade (covertly, of course!) of being sickeningly decent Chrischuns? :idea:

Strange how self-respecting, free-thinking folk don’t like being treated like immoral Untermensch by Moon Pie munching, monosyllabic missing links that mate with their mothers and sisters, isn’t it?

José;566416 said:
Chips

Atheists and agnostics insist that if and when all the deepest issues of the universe are answered by natural laws “the temptation to retreat into unreasoned belief will disapear”.

See last para of my post (#310). Otherwise I can agree with much of your summation.

Sounds like you take after your father Chips!

Why didnt you just say..."Hi my name is Chips Rafferty And I am one dumb ass muther fucker"..

You could have saved some typing...

..."Hi my name is Chips Rafferty And I AM one dumb ass muther fucker"..

Try it yourself, you sanctimonious prick. Instead of pretending you have all the answers because of your direct line to Jewsarse!

You'd be surprised how enlightening dropping feigned enlightenment can be..:cool:

Do you have this shit book-marked?

Or do you save the article and link in a folder and lebel them accordingly by subject so when someone brings a topic up you can flip through your mental rolodex of things to say, then copy and post it?

You still have nothing of your own to say, except ''libs bash this, and dems bash that''

Parrot.

Truth hurts eh?

The liberal media has no problem with Christian bashing, but if a conservatives says anything about Muslims or Islam................

Forum List

Back