Jerry Doyle to Bill O' Reilly - You're A Tool

You have no idea how the electoral process works. The delegate process is how it works. In most states, it's practically irrelevant who wins the popular vote. Only a select few are winner take all, and even most of those are only if you win more than 50% of the vote.

And this is to say nothing of any delegate slates left after a candidate drops out, which in most cases become unbound and can support who they choose.

Let's do the math Paulites.

Romney wins every state and Paul does no better than second or third

Landslide Romney. It will be over by SuperTuesday

You need to read up on how the process works because you are seriously misinformed.

Sure

Let's do the math Paulites.

Romney wins every state and Paul does no better than second or third

Landslide Romney. It will be over by SuperTuesday

You need to read up on how the process works because you are seriously misinformed.

Sure
Well what the fuck? You seem to think that the popular vote count is the be all end all, so what else am I supposed to say? You obviously don't know how the process works.

I would think you would have learned that lesson in 2000, no?

If you had any idea how the convention process works from local to national in delegate selections, you'd understand why the popular vote means little.

The rules are complex and vary in each state, and get changed literally real-time during the convention process. The popular vote is really only the primary concern in a few states. It's just not that simple in most states.

I don't expect you to know, because the media doesn't report anything other than the horse race angle, but now might be a good time to do some reading.

Sure
Well what the fuck? You seem to think that the popular vote count is the be all end all, so what else am I supposed to say? You obviously don't know how the process works.

If you had any idea how the convention process works from local to national in delegate selections, you'd understand why the popular vote means little.

The rules are complex and vary in each state, and get changed literally real-time during the convention process. The popular vote is really only the primary concern in a few states. It's just not that simple in most states.

I don't expect you to know, because the media doesn't report anything other than the horse race angle, but now might be a good time to do some reading.

Sorry....hate to disappoint you

Any way you do the math, Paul doesn't win unless he starts to win some primaries. Third place doesn't cut it

If you think there will be a vast migration of delegates to Ron Paul you are delusional

Any way you do the math, Paul doesn't win unless he starts to win some primaries. Third place doesn't cut it

If you think there will be a vast migration of delegates to Ron Paul you are delusional

I feel sorry for you, I really do.

I'll concede that 3rd place gets him nothing, but I'm not seeing anyone that's going to stay in the race beyond Paul and Romney, so that point is moot anyway.

It's not a "migration". You just don't understand what you're even discussing right now. The only "migrating", if you prefer to use that strange term, would be any of the very few delegates that had been intending to support candidates other than Paul or Romney, who ended up dropping. There most likely won't be many of those to even speak of because no one is bound yet to begin with. In most states, delegates are not bound until after the state convention. So any of the dropped candidates are going to have a few unbound delegates, who unless they prefer Romney, would by default support Paul. Again, there won't be many of these anyway unless somehow Santorum and Gingrich pull off a miracle and stay in the race until Super Tuesday, which is unlikely because they have no real cash to speak of and no real organization.

2nd place finishes throughout will guarantee Paul a significant amount of delegates. I'm not claiming he'll win, but he certainly has a chance to keep Romney from clinching and broker the convention.

All I'm asking you to do is read up on the subject. You show a great lack of understanding of how the process works. It's not surprising, because most people don't understand it. It's complex, and it's taken me the last 5 years since Paul's last campaign to learn and understand it myself.

Seems like these Super Pacs have changed things- each Pub has a billionnaire behind them, so they all just keep going LOL. Could end up a brokered convention...Hello Jeb Bush!! LOL

I'll concede that 3rd place gets him nothing, but I'm not seeing anyone that's going to stay in the race beyond Paul and Romney, so that point is moot anyway.

It's not a "migration". You just don't understand what you're even discussing right now. The only "migrating", if you prefer to use that strange term, would be any of the very few delegates that had been intending to support candidates other than Paul or Romney, who ended up dropping. There most likely won't be many of those to even speak of because no one is bound yet to begin with. In most states, delegates are not bound until after the state convention. So any of the dropped candidates are going to have a few unbound delegates, who unless they prefer Romney, would by default support Paul. Again, there won't be many of these anyway unless somehow Santorum and Gingrich pull off a miracle and stay in the race until Super Tuesday, which is unlikely because they have no real cash to speak of and no real organization.

2nd place finishes throughout will guarantee Paul a significant amount of delegates. I'm not claiming he'll win, but he certainly has a chance to keep Romney from clinching and broker the convention.

All I'm asking you to do is read up on the subject. You show a great lack of understanding of how the process works. It's not surprising, because most people don't understand it. It's complex, and it's taken me the last 5 years since Paul's last campaign to learn and understand it myself.

I'm sorry, but since you did all that studying, I thought you would have a better understanding of the politics of the situation

Now if Ron Paul were to win every state and Romney were to finish second, it would conceivably be possible for Romney to broker a win

But Paul can't.......you understand why don't you?

I'm sorry, but since you did all that studying, I thought you would have a better understanding of the politics of the situation

Now if Ron Paul were to win every state and Romney were to finish second, it would conceivably be possible for Romney to broker a win

The only way would be if the GOP played dirty and tried getting away with breaking their own rules during conventions. They did plenty of that in 2008 and I have youtube links to videos of them doing it in MO, NV, and LA.

This time around Paul's organization is much more professional and educated. Everyone signing up to be a delegate is being given extensive information to learn the rules of their respective state's convention process.

Robert's Rules of Order is being pounded into these people like their lives depend on it. You know the rules, and you can beat them at their own game.

The only way the Paul campaign loses in this regard is not having enough delegate representation, which isn't the case this year, or not knowing the rules of the convention.

The only way would be if the GOP played dirty and tried getting away with breaking their own rules during conventions. They did plenty of that in 2008 and I have youtube links to videos of them doing it in MO, NV, and LA.

This time around Paul's organization is much more professional and educated. Everyone signing up to be a delegate is being given extensive information to learn the rules of their respective state's convention process.

Robert's Rules of Order is being pounded into these people like their lives depend on it. You know the rules, and you can beat them at their own game.

The only way the Paul campaign loses in this regard is not having enough delegate representation, which isn't the case this year, or not knowing the rules of the convention.

Ron Paul's problem is that he does not have the political capital. He has spent the last 25 years pissing people off and not being a team player. When it comes time to decide who gets delegates from other candidates who have dropped, Paul will not benefit. When it comes time to allocate undeclared delegates...Paul will be last in line

Romney has this thing sewed up. He doesn't need help. But Paul is not going to benefit from any back room dealing

Ron Paul's problem is that he does not have the political capital. He has spent the last 25 years pissing people off and not being a team player. When it comes time to decide who gets delegates from other candidates who have dropped, Paul will not benefit. When it comes time to allocate undeclared delegates...Paul will be last in line

Romney has this thing sewed up. He doesn't need help. But Paul is not going to benefit from any back room dealing

The other candidates have to gather enough delegates in the proportional states. If none of them are finishing 2nd or better, they're not going to have that many delegates to give to Romney, and this is assuming those candidates even stay in long enough to acquire enough to even matter.

Even most winner take all states have a 50% popular vote threshold, and Romney barely breaks 25 outside of his home area. The majority are proportional, caucus, or winner take all with a threshold. This doesn't benefit anyone but Paul as long as he takes 2nd or better.

The other candidates have to gather enough delegates in the proportional states. If none of them are finishing 2nd or better, they're not going to have that many delegates to give to Romney, and this is assuming those candidates even stay in long enough to acquire enough to even matter.

Even most winner take all states have a 50% popular vote threshold, and Romney barely breaks 25 outside of his home area. The majority are proportional, caucus, or winner take all with a threshold. This doesn't benefit anyone but Paul as long as he takes 2nd or better.

2nd or better?

Paul hasn't shown he can win a single state. He is looking at a string of second and third place finishes

Can Paul withstand the attacks of the Super PACs? With his wild proclamations it is highly unlikely

2nd or better?

Paul hasn't shown he can win a single state. He is looking at a string of second and third place finishes

Can Paul withstand the attacks of the Super PACs? With his wild proclamations it is highly unlikely

No one "won" Iowa. There is not a single delegate bound to anyone in that state yet. The vote count in Iowa is a non-binding straw poll. At the absolute worst, he'll split delegates evenly with the other top 2.

He can win NV easily. He came in 2nd in the popular vote in 2008, and actually had his slate of delegates elected at the state convention until the party leadership cancelled the convention in the middle of it. Had the Paul delegates been more educated about rules of order they could have stopped it. The caucus states are where Paul has the best chance to actually win a popular vote. But 2nd place finishes in proportional states keep him competitive in the delegate count.

And what are these PAC's going to attack him on? So far there's been the newsletters, his "crazy" foreign policy, the "he can't win" routine, and just the blatant avoidance of his name by the media, and yet somehow he continues to gain in the polls. He's almost doubled his polling average in SC in just a week, and he's barely even been putting in much effort there because he's been looking ahead to NV. SC is winner take all without a threshold (i believe), so he probably won't get any delegates there, but the point I'm making is there's nothing left to attack him on, because nothing is even working.

Last edited:
Seems like these Super Pacs have changed things- each Pub has a billionnaire behind them, so they all just keep going LOL. Could end up a brokered convention...Hello Jeb Bush!! LOL

each one has a billionaire behind them?.....lots of billionaires i guess......hey Frankie?....who is standing behind each Dem?......the regular guy?.....

Forum List

Back