Jerry Brown and CA dems now demand AMNESTY for traffic offenders

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Speeders and red light runners and cellphone-drivers kill people every day but democrats in effect say - lets make these crimes legal!!!

Jerry Brown Pushes Traffic Debt Amnesty for Poor

may 24 2015
Gov. Jerry Brown is calling for an amnesty program for poor California residents who cannot afford to pay debts accrued through traffic violations after a blistering report from a nonprofit law firm concluded that the state is profiting off of minorities and low-income residents.
According to the Associated Press, Brown’s plan would see fines issued for minor traffic violations cut in half, while the administrative fees associated with the fines would be dropped from $300 to $50. California has reportedly suspended roughly 4.8 million driver’s licenses since 2006 over failure to pay fines associated with traffic violations.

The fines should be reduced for everyone, permanently. These minor violations have become a nightmarish slush fund.

Good. I got 2 tickets to pay. the MAX penalty is 2k. For shit I had NO IDEA about...won't know for sure until I go to court..its all a big financial racket...no insurance and suspended DL is NOT worth 2k. I will plead not guilty knowing damn well the judge and prosecutor don't give a shit about the law especially the part that says KNOWINGLY did these things. I guess the 4 times I was pulled over between August of last year and April of this year those cops were just morons and "missed" my supposed suspended license huh? Even got a ticket I am taking to court with me from literally 22 days before I was pulled over Its blackmail. Plain and simple. Blackmail and incompetence from cops...

Last edited:
  • Banned
We need to INCREASE the penalties for highway crime since it's the biggest crime problem we have. Cellphone driving should carry a fine of $2000 and loss of license for two years. Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Good. I got 2 tickets to pay. the MAX penalty is 2k. For shit I had NO IDEA about...won't know for sure until I go to court..its all a big financial racket...no insurance and suspended DL is NOT worth 2k. I will plead not guilty knowing damn well the judge and prosecutor don't give a shit about the law especially the part that says KNOWINGLY did these things. I guess the 4 times I was pulled over between August of last year and April of this year those cops were just morons and "missed" my supposed suspended license huh? Even got a ticket I am taking to court with me from literally 22 days before I was pulled over Its blackmail. Plain and simple. Blackmail and incompetence from cops...

Wait a minute... you were driving with no insurance and a suspended licence and you're pissed you got ticketed for it?

• Banned
I drive every day and never get pullled over for anything or caught by a red light camera or speeding camera. Obeying the traffic laws is easy.

Ah so it is the responsibility of everyone else to make sure you have car insurance, heaven forbid you handle that yourself like a big boy.

Pulled over four times in eight months you sound like the exact person we have traffic courts and fines for.

By "the poor" brownie means all those illegal aliens he gave drivers licenses too - in brazen violation of federal law.

The democrats are the party of lawlessness and criminal coddling. Republicans are just about as bad.

Forum List

Back