Jerky White People/ Where's your Manners?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Joz, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    The lady at the check-out at the grocery acted as if if were too much of a burden to slide my few groceries across her scanner. I bagged them myself.

When I'm in a public place trying to have a good time, I don't want to listen to your phone conversation about your OB/GYN visit. Go outside or to the bathroom.

When I hold the door for you, male or female, a thank you would be in order.And especially if I have an arm load while waiting for your elderly mother to shuffle thru.

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    You're so funny. I agree with you on the other thread. If I'm talking to someones child, whoever they are, I would expect them to acknowlege me, just like I do when someones talking to my child, whether they be adult or child. I always give a smile and hello because they are entertaining my child while we wait, LOL, it's a kinda "thank you". So, you're right on!
    (Guess I should have written this on the other thread, lol, oh well)

3. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    On the other hand - you are at a retaurant or somewhere else where you are supposed to be proveided a service. You thank your service provider and the response is "no problem".

Man that drives me bonkers. Like if it were a problem, I don't guess you would be her doing it expecting to get paid now would you!

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    All of that irks me and more:

- People who expect tips, like my garbage men
    - Clerks who expect me to say thank you to them when I'm a paying customer
    - People who ask me what my "maiden name" is
    - People who ask me if I feel guilty being a working mother
    - People who act as if I'm not a working mother and waste my time at work then expect me to step into a meeting at 6 pm that they've blown off

5. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I'm resurrecting this just because.
    Again, I went to the store.
    I get to the register and as the girl scans the first item I go to bag it & she yanks it away from me. Tells me she has too much money in her register & needs to take it to the office. NOT a problem. Now, this girl was a cute, petite, not over 22 looking, white girl. I have never seen anyone 400 pounds move any slower than what she did.
    When she gets back she scans my order, which wasn't at all large. I only spent $22, that should tell you!

I stop bagging & hand her $30. I continue. She tells me she has only $10, which I look, and that's what she's holding. I look & she's dropped the $20 under the scanner and I had to bend over and get it for her. I should have just waited to see if she'd have ever bent over, but I have my doubts. What happened to work ethic?

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Basic manners are dying out. It's sad. People think it's cool to be rude and if you're nice you must be weak.

7. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    basic human compassion was done away with during the power grabbing phase of corporate takeover in america. All CEO's are evil....except for freeandfun1. :thup:

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    pffffffft!

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    :rotflmao:

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Today I was at the doctor's office with my wife. While sitting there waiting, I noticed an elderly lady that was using a walker heading for the door. I started to get up, but then I noticed this young Pharmaceuticals salesman, so I figured, "he'll help her". Then I notice this lady coming out of the office with an infant in one of those infant carriers/car seats. She too was heading toward the door. Needless to say, the young man suddenly looked down as he was walking toward the door. So the lady with the baby ended up having to open the door for the elderly lady with her left hand, while holding the carrier in her right as the elderly woman slowly shuffled through the door. The salesman stood there waiting never once reaching up to let the lady with the baby step away from the door. He never once reached for the door until she (rightfully so) let it slam in his face.