Jeremy Lin

Kids for real !

jeremy-lin-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

Traveling!

I am not a hoops fan.

But I caught a snippet of Lin playing the game and I was impressed.

I have a semi-related question, though.

Is there some secret understanding that refs willl not "call" traveling in the NBA?

I love basketball.....back when the Chicago Bulls had Michael Jordan, I never missed a game!
My sons were big into basketball....so I guess that's why this sport is my favorite.
I saw some of the Linsanity stuff....he is awesome!
I am happy for him...and I'm sure the Knicks aren't too sad right now either ~LoL~

I am not a hoops fan.

Is there some secret understanding that refs willl not "call" traveling in the NBA?

I have no idea why they let them travel.:lol:

I am not a hoops fan.

That's been a complaint of mine for a long time. Year after year the rules of the game become more and more lax, especially travelling, charging, and physical contact between the defender and the guy in possession of the ball. Travelling's gotta be the worst, though. Most kids playing ball don't even know the actual footwork rule and exactly what is and isn't a travel.

Most kids playing ball don't even know the actual footwork rule and exactly what is and isn't a travel.

I don't think that is an accurate statement.

In this case when I say kids I'm not talking NBA players, just kids playing street/park ball. Average kids. If that was factored into your response. . . you'd be surprised.

Actually being good at the sport he's playing helps.

shot at Tebow??? If so, I have to agree.

Damn right it is!

as a Boston fan, would you trade Rondo for Lin?

Not at this juncture. I need to see a lot more of Lin before considering that.

You may think I'm crazy, but I actually think he's better than Rondo....I mean he has a jumpshot. I`m biased because I'm a knick fan, but still.....

shot at Tebow??? If so, I have to agree.

Damn right it is!

as a Boston fan, would you trade Rondo for Lin?

You may think I'm crazy, but I actually think he's better than Rondo....I mean he has a jumpshot. I`m biased because I'm a knick fan, but still.....

Have you seen Moneyball with Brad Pitt? Its a good movie. In it, the scouts who decide who plays and who doesn't are just guessing. But they control whether or not guys like Lin or Tebo even get a chance. And they are wrong a lot. I love it when guys like Lin win.

Damn right it is!

Have you seen Moneyball with Brad Pitt? Its a good movie. In it, the scouts who decide who plays and who doesn't are just guessing. But they control whether or not guys like Lin or Tebo even get a chance. And they are wrong a lot. I love it when guys like Lin win.

I've heard about it. Sounds like an interesting film.

The atheist knives are already out

You might have heard that Jeremy Lin is the Mr. Christian Religion Tim Tebow of the NBA. Well, it's time to give up rational arguments to the contrary because thanks to USA Today we now know Lin sports a wristband that reads "In Jesus Name I Play."

Jeremy Lin is really good at basketball, but he is REALLY good at moving swag. So don't be surprised when everyone you know is wearing faith-based wristbands that read "In Jesus Name I Play."

Jeremy Lin Is Christian; Ask His Bracelet - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

Going to see my first Bulls game next weekend.
Nets are in town.
I want to see D. Rose and D. Williams play.

Saw a couple of games when Williams was in college. He's another natural talent. :thup:

D. Rose is D. Rose is D. Rose.

Should be a good'n.

Yes . i love Rose , he would gain his champions sooner or later .

the asian american journalists have been good enough to give us guidelines on how to and not to write about Jelemy Rin. See below:

Asian American Journalists Association releases guidelines on Jeremy Lin media coverage | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

The one i question is Yellow Mamba - as in he should be so lucky as to rise to the level of Kobe Bryant. But if we cant call him Yellow Mamba maybe we should come up with something new? Im open to suggestions -- how about:

General Ching's Point Guard

He is the only Asian American in the NBA and a harvard graduate. He just started getting playing time, and he's playing like an all-star.

Jazz vs. Knicks: Jeremy Lin highlights - 28 points, 8 assists (2.6.12) - YouTube

I thought the story was both hysterical, and appropriate...

....this is the way to treat topic, rather than seeking to be offended, outraged,...
and I say that as an American of Asian descent.

I loved it:
DRIVING: This is part of the sport of basketball, but resist the temptation to refer to an "Asian who knows how to drive."

FOOD: Is there a compelling reason to draw a connection between Lin and fortune cookies, takeout boxes or similar imagery?

MARTIAL ARTS: You're writing about a basketball player. Don't conflate his skills with judo, karate, tae kwon do, etc. Do not refer to Lin as "Grasshopper" or similar names associated with martial-arts stereotypes.

"ME LOVE YOU LIN TIME": Avoid. This is a lazy pun on the athlete's name and alludes to the broken English of a Hollywood caricature from the 1980s."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline...releases-guidelines-jeremy-lin-155822233.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back