Jeremy Lin

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
He is the only Asian American in the NBA and a harvard graduate. He just started getting playing time, and he's playing like an all-star.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSdt6ahkK4]Jazz vs. Knicks: Jeremy Lin highlights - 28 points, 8 assists (2.6.12) - YouTube[/ame]

38 points and 7 assist againts Kobe Byrant tonight.

He is the only Asian American in the NBA and a harvard graduate. He just started getting playing time, and he's playing like an all-star.

Jazz vs. Knicks: Jeremy Lin highlights - 28 points, 8 assists (2.6.12) - YouTube

Are you impressed that he's playing because he's Asian or because he's from Harvard?

Im impressed that he's playing so well. The reason I bring his background up is because it's something you don't see often.

Jazz vs. Knicks: Jeremy Lin highlights - 28 points, 8 assists (2.6.12) - YouTube

Are you impressed that he's playing because he's Asian or because he's from Harvard?

Im impressed that he's playing so well. The reason I bring his background up is because it's something you don't see often.

True...

Going to see my first Bulls game next weekend.
Nets are in town.
I want to see D. Rose and D. Williams play.

Saw a couple of games when Williams was in college. He's another natural talent. :thup:

D. Rose is D. Rose is D. Rose.

Should be a good'n.

My friend who is a know it all basketball fan, and I have to admit he does end up being right a lot and he does seem to know his stuff, but he was hating on Jeremy Lin, and I called him telling him I think he is the real deal.

He's definately a nice added piece of the puzzle for New York. A guy not afraid to take the ball into his hands with 10 seconds left.

And with Carmelo and Amare coming back!!!! Watch out. I predict he's going to be the Chauncey/Nash type player the Knicks need to win a championship. I think they have found something here with Jeremy Lin. I'm saying it now so I can come back and prove I said it when everyone else doubted.

Kids for real !

jeremy-lin-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2bl2bXRGs&feature=g-logo&context=G2885581FOAAAAAAACAA]Jeremy Lin Game Winner vs Toronto Raptors - [February 14th] - YouTube[/ame]

If nobody else wants to touch that one, allow me to be the first. When I seen an Asian guy pulling those numbers in the NBA (and a point guard on a garbage team missing its 2 top scorers!) I damn near shit. AND he's a Harvard kid who had a 4.2 in HS? AND he's Christian? Call me insensitive if you want, when's the last time you seen a social Frankenstein possessed of such diverse components? Any 3 of his components together already look like a 1 in a million. 6'3" Chinese Christian. Harvard Christian NBA star. Chinese Christian NBA star. And he's got 5!

Okay, seriously tho. . . The guy seems to be almost everything you could possibly want in a good point guard. FG percentage is low, but he's enough of a clutch shooter to edge by as a triple threat in my book. . . he can step back and nail the mid-long range jumper on you if you play him too far back, he can drive in effectively if you don't, and his dish game is nice. When you can do all 3 effectively and you've got sharp, intelligent decision making abilities (which he's definitely displaying), it's real easy to make things happen. With Stoudemire back his assists are coming up, and I think that when Anthony returns, Lin will be able to slip into a more traditional PG role, but with the looming threat that he might fake the penetration to get the D to drop back a step, then just stop and bury a 3 on 'em. I love watching this kid play.

And he is doing this all without Stoudmire (might the best PF in the game) and Melo (in the same category, although right behind, as LBJ and Durant in best SF conversations).

With a tough nosed defensive center in Chandler and a rising star PG in Lin, NY could be one to recon with!

Forum List

Back