Jeopardy GOAT

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Just finished watching The Ken Jennings Show.

The guy is pretty amazing. This run was similar to the Art Fleming Jeopardy where they did not give you massive hints in the answers, so you had to know your stuff.

Loved the categories, and thought is was a good run.

The guy is pretty amazing. This run was similar to the Art Fleming Jeopardy where they did not give you massive hints in the answers, so you had to know your stuff.

I recall reading online years ago by someone who had been on the show that they basically provide the contestants with a large book of 1000's of potential questions and they study the subjects and book accordingly with the answers provided.

Not to take away from these winners, but I do think ones short term memory may be as much at play, if not more at play than actual deep rooted knowledge. I suppose it's just as well, as nobody would be interested in a show where they asked question after question and time ran down because no answers were provided.

I've always liked the show, and my crowning glory was once answering question after question, even some the contestants didn't get right, and a visitor at our home saying "BS, this must be a re-run!" Hehe. It was just one of those games it depends on the subject obviously. Some games I might get 3 answers right and unlike the players, I don't care about getting the answers wrong so I'm not as careful.

I think it's a great show for the younger generation to watch and pick up some knowledge, especially history. It keeps the gears turning too.

Last edited:
Jennings was phenomenal. James put up a good fight. Brad Rutter was a disappointment. I expected more.

Last edited:
Jennings was phenomenal. James put up a good fight. Brad Rutter was a disappointment. I expected more.
Over the years when you see the differences in game shows from pure luck to intelligence is interesting. And game shows from all factions were and are popular.

I recall reading online years ago by someone who had been on the show that they basically provide the contestants with a large book of 1000's of potential questions and they study the subjects and book accordingly with the answers provided.

Not to take away from these winners, but I do think ones short term memory may be as much at play, if not more at play than actual deep rooted knowledge. I suppose it's just as well, as nobody would be interested in a show where they asked question after question and time ran down because no answers were provided.

I've always liked the show, and my crowning glory was once answering question after question, even some the contestants didn't get right, and a visitor at our home saying "BS, this must be a re-run!" Hehe. It was just one of those games it depends on the subject obviously. Some games I might get 3 answers right and unlike the players, I don't care about getting the answers wrong so I'm not as careful.

I think it's a great show for the younger generation to watch and pick up some knowledge, especially history. It keeps the gears turning too.

Oh, I never heard about the Quiz Book. I shouted out a few answers before they chimed in too and sometimes I was actually correct!

0d9209190ce021051234090b52194404.jpg

Did Brad get a single Double Jeopardy question right?
I don’t think so. Given Brad’s past performances I would have thought he would have been the man to beat. Can’t take it away from Ken. He was unstoppable.

Used to watch jeopardy. Sadly I haven’t watched in over a decade. This forum is too much intellectual stimulation for me as is.

Forum List

Back