‘Jeopardy!’ champ James Holzhauer has won over $1 million—here’s how he keeps winning

james threw the game.....

No he didn't. He was in second place, and knew that there was no amount he could bet to beat her. His best hope was to bet light and hope that she bet heavy and missed the question.

I mean, for crying out loud, the dude is a professional gambler and knows how to read the odds, and what strategy would be the best course of action.

He threw the game. Watch the episode again. Watch the man's body language BEFORE the game begins. Why doesn't he know more answers? After a month of using the thing to buzz in, he gets taken by a newcomer that easily?
exactly....i just dont know why after going through all this and getting so close he didnt at least stay until he broke the record...

james threw the game.....

No he didn't. He was in second place, and knew that there was no amount he could bet to beat her. His best hope was to bet light and hope that she bet heavy and missed the question.

I mean, for crying out loud, the dude is a professional gambler and knows how to read the odds, and what strategy would be the best course of action.

He threw the game. Watch the episode again. Watch the man's body language BEFORE the game begins. Why doesn't he know more answers? After a month of using the thing to buzz in, he gets taken by a newcomer that easily?
exactly....i just dont know why after going through all this and getting so close he didnt at least stay until he broke the record...

James came onto the scene when it was announced that Trebek had a bad prognosis and major health scare. He lost after Trebek announced his symptoms were in remission.

James is a professional gambler. He had the advantage of good short term memory. Jeopardy preps its contestants with flash cards. Among those flash cards, I'd be willing to bet are a LOT of the upcoming questions. So, they simply fed the champion with fewer of the relevant questions in his flash cards. Then, he had to rely on his real knowledge. Consequently, he lost - though he did apply the principles of betting averages in Final Jeopardy.

Forum List

Back