Jennifer Government - Election proposal

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
All of you who are in the USMB Warfare region, this is for you.

While I'd love to hold on to the UN Delegate position forever (because power corrupts!) I think it is only right that we hold elections. I am up for suggestions on how we go about doing it, but here is how I propose running elections:

Elections are held in this forum, via a poll thread. Candidates must announce their intention to run before 12:01AM on the seventh day of each month. The poll thread will go up no later than the end of that day. Elections run for five days. At the end of the time period, the person with the most votes wins. If there is a tie, the top vote getters will have a runoff, lasting for two days, in a similar thread.

Whoever wins the election gets all of the UN members' endorsements. This will allow us to show solidarity behind our UN delegate.

Elections will be held once a month, unless nobody decides to run against the incumbent, in which case that person gets to retain power for the next month.

Open to any suggestions, but if everyone is agreeable to this, then we should begin the candidacy announcement process soon, since today is the 2nd.

gop_jeff said:

While I'd love to hold on to the UN Delegate position forever (because power corrupts!) I think it is only right that we hold elections. I am up for suggestions on how we go about doing it, but here is how I propose running elections:

Elections are held in this forum, via a poll thread. Candidates must announce their intention to run before 12:01AM on the seventh day of each month. The poll thread will go up no later than the end of that day. Elections run for five days. At the end of the time period, the person with the most votes wins. If there is a tie, the top vote getters will have a runoff, lasting for two days, in a similar thread.

Whoever wins the election gets all of the UN members' endorsements. This will allow us to show solidarity behind our UN delegate.

Elections will be held once a month, unless nobody decides to run against the incumbent, in which case that person gets to retain power for the next month.

Open to any suggestions, but if everyone is agreeable to this, then we should begin the candidacy announcement process soon, since today is the 2nd.

Lord knows, I don't know if I understand what you are asking for Jeff, but DK, Semper Fi, and yourself are all heavily involved in this. I think you all are great, without the Napoleon complex of course. I hope you all lose to a yahoo poster!

well, seeings how I feel the UN is irrelevant and powerless to stop me anyway :ali: I most likely will not partake in them. I'll let you know if that changes at all.

DKSuddeth said:
well, seeings how I feel the UN is irrelevant and powerless to stop me anyway :ali: I most likely will not partake in them. I'll let you know if that changes at all.

Illustrative case in point! :read:

gop_jeff said:

What are you talking about???? :wtf:

HGROKIT said:
ok - thanks.

Trust me, they seem nice, good, compassionate, ect., give them a bit of power and ...scary!

Kathianne said:
Trust me, they seem nice, good, compassionate, ect., give them a bit of power and ...scary!
Yeah, I understand. I went over to that site - checked it out and turned my girlfriend's son on to it. I should see how he is doing.

Actually, my bad. I did not see the forum was "Games" before I jumpped in there. :mm:

Sorry! Stupid me!

Anyway, hearing no objections to the election process, I move that whoever is interested in being the UN Delegate state so.

*ahem*

I wish to run for UN Delegate.

*/ahem*

well, since its been a few hours and nobody has voted yet, I hereby vote for gop_jeff as UN delegate, however, I retain my nations soveriegn right to ignore any UN ruling we would happen to disagree with at any time. :D

Have your elections if that is what pleases you.

As the holy and eternal sovereign of the aptly named Holy Empire of Tyrant Ferenc Invictus, *waits for resounding applause and adulation to subside* I withold the right to act according to my own ever changing whims and proclivities.

Besides, looks like I'm too late for elections anyways.

DKSuddeth said:
well, since its been a few hours and nobody has voted yet, I hereby vote for gop_jeff as UN delegate, however, I retain my nations soveriegn right to ignore any UN ruling we would happen to disagree with at any time. :D

I vote for Jeff too! :D

Here's what else I found out: the more people that endorse you, the stronger your vote in the UN. For example, since I currently have three UN endorsements, I have four votes at the UN (three endorsements plus myself). So the more people that endorse the UN delegate (whoever it may be) the greater OUR REGION's voice is in the UN.

That said, as the current UN delegate, I would appreciate everyone's endorsement until the next election, which will be in early September.

Forum List

Back