Jello Pudding Snacks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_EDtd1yuM&feature=related]YouTube - Bill Cosby Jello Pudding Commercial 1982[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6jXd0ZBWM&feature=related]YouTube - Mad TV - Bill Cosby impressionist.[/ame]

OMG, that is so weird...I was going to start a thread in the foodie section about what wonderful foods pudding and jello are.

I used to feed my babies liquid jello in their bottles when they had tummy ailments....on advice of my very good nurse mom, who worked (briefly, she can't handle sick babies) pediatrics and lead nurse at ICU at Los Alamos (a premier hospital at the time, I don't know it's rating now, but it's the hospital of the Manhattan Project scientists and nuclear lab, pretty upscale)..

And now its the dessert du jour...the kids feel they're getting something special if I make instant pudding, it even beats out ice cream, as I did tonight. Corn dogs and chocolate pudding. I know, it's awful, but I work, dammit.

Honest injun, I was going to start a thread....great minds think alike, don't they?

Next time your little guy gets sick, mix jello with hot water, cool it down with a little cold water or an ice cube (but dont' use as much water as the recipe calls for) put it in his bottle or sippy cup and let him drink it. It's got protein and a variety of other stuff..it'll hydrate him, provide nutrients, hell, it might even have fiber.

My oldest boy freqently had intestinal issues...we used de-fizzed coca cola (think cola syrup, great stuff) in his bottle, crackers, and liquid jello.

For older babies, they think pudding is something special. Shit, i don't even use the cooked kind anymore. They like pie but they're nuts for pudding.

They used to call jello "calf's foot jelly" because it was made from boiling down cow/calf feet. I don't know if it still is. But it really is something special. Of course it wasn't flavored with strawberry/banana. It was probably just salty beefy, slightly poopy tasting jello. And salt is good too! But if you read the old novels, that's the shit the do-gooders used to take around to sick people.

Candy Corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911.

Very funny Luissa!

Now, I don't consider myself old at all, but I do remember pudding in the little cans with the flip-top lids. Mmmmm. Now everything is plastic. I guess that saves little fingers and little tongues from being sliced open. lol

pretty much! :lol:
I don't remember it being in anything other than plastic, maybe when I was little????

I with Zoom, cooked pudding taste better. Snack paks are nice though when you do not have time. I learned the other day you can make pumpkin stuff in the microwave. Half a dozen eggs, small can of pumpkin, two tablespoons of cinnamon, three tablespoons of melted butter or a third cup of corn oil and teaspoon of salt, 3/4 cup of mixed up powdered milk (we were outta milk the other day and I did not feel like going to the store) beat it all together well, Top it all with a cup of chopped nuts, put in a glass bowl, cover bowl with glass pie pan, cook in microwave on high for five minutes, let cool for two then cook for seven more minutes. Check to see if cooked in middle by sticking in a butter knife, (knife should be clean when pulled out). Top with cream, icecream or frozen cream topping.

I think my love for the snack now comes from being pregnant, I couldn't get enough of the stuff when I was pregnant.

After my oldest was born my neighbor made us dinner. She made cream puffs for dessert with homemade vanilla pudding. Now, I grew up with everything homemade but for some reason my mom never did pudding. When I tasted it I thought I died it was soooo good. I've never looked backed. Once in awhile I'll buy the instant so the kids can make it themselves. Just has no flavor if you ask me.

Remember 'pudding skins' from Seinfeld? :lol: George.

Damn, somebody already beat me to it. That's OK, I got some different ones:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt6IyMYcyZk]YouTube - Jello Pudding commercial Bill Cosby 1987[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrtsIY4WqQ]YouTube - 1980's Bill Cosby Jello Pudding Commercial[/ame]

Forum List

Back