JEFFREY BROWN: Tonight, we begin a series on the changing landscape of energy in the

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
North Dakota Boomtown Suffers Growing Pains Trying to Keep Up with Demand

As domestic oil production increases, towns like Williston, N.D., struggle to meet demand for workers, housing and improved infrastructure. For some communities experiencing the benefits of an energy boom, rapid expansion comes with serious trade-offs. Ray Suarez reports.

JEFFREY BROWN: Tonight, we begin a series on the changing landscape of energy in the U.S. and the consequences of ever-increasing development.

Ray Suarez is our guide this week. Tonight, he visits the booming economy in western North Dakota, where new drilling technologies have opened up massive oil reserves.
North Dakota Boomtown Suffers Growing Pains Trying to Keep Up with Demand | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 7, 2012 | PBS

Interesting. I was in North Dakota two years ago, and, while waiting in line to pay for some groceries, was asked by a fellow where I was from. I told him, "Oregon". He asked what I did for a living. I said I was a millwright. He then stated that he could have me at work in four hours, if I needed a job, with a substancial bonus if I stayed the winter. LOL.

Interesting. I was in North Dakota two years ago, and, while waiting in line to pay for some groceries, was asked by a fellow where I was from. I told him, "Oregon". He asked what I did for a living. I said I was a millwright. He then stated that he could have me at work in four hours, if I needed a job, with a substancial bonus if I stayed the winter. LOL.

For true.

You hit 0 and you break out the the sun screen. I thought omg all I can grow is lichens and flash to Farley Mowat for survival tips. .

Forum List

Back