Jefferson on the 2nd Amendment

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-TJ

They being a tyrannical government, be that our own or a foreign power, and it being our rule of law, the Constitution.

If you want to infringe on people's right to bear arms, you first must amend the Constitution. GL with that.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-TJ

They being a tyrannical government, be that our own or a foreign power, and it being our rule of law, the Constitution.

If you want to infringe on people's right to bear arms, you first must amend the Constitution. GL with that.

i assume you have credible links for that?

not that it matters... his was one opinion of one politician of his time...

he also bonked his slave.

just sayin'

-TJ

Because you act like it's an impossibility. :thup:

-TJ

just sayin'

You really want to compare Jefferson to Bill Clinton? I didn't think so.

-TJ

I act like it is improbable. You need 2/3 of the State's legistlatures to agree and well..
map1.jpg

-TJ

I think it is an impossibility. Especially when you look at history and see what can happen when citizens are disarmed. No true American will give up his right to defend himself and it's not just defense against criminals but also a defense from a tyrannical government.

-TJ

just sayin'

Yet you swear up and down on his "Separation of Church and State" statement.

Seems you only follow what laws are convenient.

-TJ

just sayin'

He was correct by the way.

The beauty of the Second Amendment... (Quotation) « Thomas Jefferson

-TJ

I think it is an impossibility. Especially when you look at history and see what can happen when citizens are disarmed. No true American will give up his right to defend himself and it's not just defense against criminals but also a defense from a tyrannical government.

5 years ago we didn't think "the rich" would be so hated ether.

Give these devious bastards enough time and you'll learn to hate everything that's good about this country.

Jefferson on the 13th Amendment

"Get over here Sally....Daddy needs a bed warmer"

-TJ

just sayin'

not really. i rely on what the COURTS have said about separation of church and state. that's called reality and it's the only thing that matters.

you should try it sometime. :thup:

just sayin'

not really. i rely on what the COURTS have said about separation of church and state. that's called reality and it's the only thing that matters.

The courts can be wrong.

Just read Bush vs Gore or any finding of the 9th Circus court.

Besides there is no separation of church and state in the constitution.

BTW, Jefferson said that dependency is a corrupting influence. Was he correct or not?

just sayin'

You mean like how the courts have said military type weapons are protected by the 2nd or that it is an individual right separate from actually belonging to a militia? Like those Court rulings?

Give these devious bastards enough time and you'll learn to hate everything that's good about this country.

The rich are hated? I call bullshit on that. Liberals love them 'cause they want their money and conservatives want to be like them.

:lol:

The rich haven't been well liked by a portion of Americans for a long time. Ever hear of the term Robber baron?

The rich haven't been well liked by a portion of Americans for a long time. Ever hear of the term Robber baron?

Wow going back to the 19th century now huh?

"Eat The Rich" is a fairly recent concept in America.

Forum List

Back