Jefferson / Hemmings misinformation of the modern age. A god called DNA

Tell me that you didn't just say the name of that reactionary Christian apologist and propagandist David Barton, number one on the Liars for Jesus softball team?

Oh crap, yep, that's what you said. Never did a more dishonest person walk the earth, after Peter "Get thee behind me satan" breathed in the dust from the sandals of Jesus....

Last edited:
that's a prejudice remark
The truth doesn't give a fuck. Why is it so hard for you to see him as a man, not a saint?

When the most obvious answer makes sense, go with it. His soul isn't on the line, he was just a man after all. Men and women, black and white, old and young, that's how we get babies. And so it goes...

"Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: A Brief Account
The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings."

Historical Background

In September 1802, political journalist James T. Callender, a disaffected former ally of Jefferson, wrote in a Richmond newspaper that Jefferson had for many years "kept, as his concubine, one of his own slaves." "Her name is Sally," Callender continued, adding that Jefferson had "several children" by her.

Although there had been rumors of a sexual relationship between Jefferson and an enslaved woman before 1802, Callender's article spread the story widely. It was taken up by Jefferson's Federalist opponents and was published in many newspapers during the remainder of Jefferson's presidency."

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings A Brief Account Thomas Jefferson s Monticello

Last edited:
<<<<<<<Callender made his charges against Jefferson without fear and without research. He had never visited Monticello; he had never spoken to Sally Hemings; he had never made the slightest effort to verify the "facts" he so stridently proclaimed. It was "journalism" at its most reckless, wildly irresponsible, and scurrilous. Callender was not an investigative journalist; he never bothered to investigate anything. For him, the story, especially if it reeked of scandal, was everything; truth, if it stood in his way, was summarily mowed down.>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Why is it so hard for you to see him as a man, not a saint?>>>>>>>>>>

the fact you would even say something like that is odd

Tell us why everything libs wish to be so isnt
It is what it is. Slave owners fucked their slaves, this isn't rocket science, it's American history: All in the Family President Thomas Jefferson s Y Chromosome
7027367_f520.jpg

biased theories are not historical proof
It's based on timing, DNA, and the obvious. What makes this so hard for you I have no idea?

It was common then and no bias is required. I like the man, who fucked his slave and had children with her. There are worse sins, believe me.

Last edited:
so...on the Wikipedia page for the daughter of Sally Hemings, The manager of Monticello, Edmund Bacon says...

Mr. Jefferson freed a number of his servants in his will. . . He freed one girl some years before he died, and there was a great deal of talk about it. She was nearly as white as anybody and very beautiful. People said he freed her because she was his own daughter."
Now if we go to the Wikipedia page for Bacon , the quote is continued....

He freed one girl some years before he died, and there was a great deal of talk about it. She was nearly
as white as anybody, and very beautiful. People said he freed her because she was his own daughter.
She was not his daughter; she was ___’s daughter.[c] I know that. I have seen him come out of her
mother’s room many a morning, when I went up to Monticello very early

The name was removed by a Rev. Pierson to protect "a family member". (there is still the possibility that the father is not a Jefferson family member at all and the Hemings got their Jefferson DNA at some other time)

But according to Bacon, the father of the girl, who he named, was practically living in the slave quarters at night.

Thomas Jefferson gave instructions to Bacon about the property through letters, so I get the impression Thomas Jefferson was like a rock star who toured the property and had very little to do with the daily activities of the labor.

Contrary to how these people make the story sound, Jefferson didn't free this girl, he gave her 50 bucks and let her go to Philadelphia (obviously because they could pass for white being 7/8 ths)

Her brother, Jefferson allowed him to buy his freedom.

Bacon says he never heard from the girl again or knew what became of her. Seems odd to me , you would think she would come back to visit dear old dad

biased theories are not historical proof

By that logic, wouldn't Barton's conclusions also no be 'historical proof'?

And given that the family of Thomas Jefferson has accepted that TJ fathered black slaves, wouldn't the burden of proof be on you to prove them wrong?

The truth doesn't give a fuck. Why is it so hard for you to see him as a man, not a saint?

When the most obvious answer makes sense, go with it. His soul isn't on the line, he was just a man after all. Men and women, black and white, old and young, that's how we get babies. And so it goes...

The claim that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, a slave at Monticello, entered the public arena during Jefferson's first term as president, and it has remained a subject of discussion and disagreement for two centuries. Based on documentary, scientific, statistical, and oral history evidence, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (TJF) Research Committee Report on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings (January 2000) remains the most comprehensive analysis of this historical topic. Ten years later, TJF and most historians believe that, years after his wife’s death, Thomas Jefferson was the father of the six children of Sally Hemings mentioned in Jefferson's records, including Beverly, Harriet, Madison, and Eston Hemings."

Historical Background

In September 1802, political journalist James T. Callender, a disaffected former ally of Jefferson, wrote in a Richmond newspaper that Jefferson had for many years "kept, as his concubine, one of his own slaves." "Her name is Sally," Callender continued, adding that Jefferson had "several children" by her.

Although there had been rumors of a sexual relationship between Jefferson and an enslaved woman before 1802, Callender's article spread the story widely. It was taken up by Jefferson's Federalist opponents and was published in many newspapers during the remainder of Jefferson's presidency."

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings A Brief Account Thomas Jefferson s Monticello

So what if Jefferson and Hemings had sexual relations, are you implying she was raped? I would think a sexual and racially free person as your seem to claim to be would not see this as an issue. Unless of course you are not what you claim to be and are just the opposite.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
And given that the family of Thomas Jefferson has accepted that TJ fathered black slaves, wouldn't the burden of proof be on you to prove them wrong?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the family of Martin Luther King doesn't think James Earl Ray killed him , does our society still list him as the assassin? yes

the fact is the family is trusting too much in guys with white coats that say DNA is proof of everything.
26 possible candidates

Historical Background

So what if Jefferson and Hemings had sexual relations, are you implying she was raped? I would think a sexual and racially free person as your seem to claim to be would not see this as an issue. Unless of course you are not what you claim to be and are just the opposite.
Being a slave she could not consent. In legal terms that's rape. Do I believe that he always, or even once, forced himself on her? Doubtful, very.

Forum List

Back