Jeep president may move production to China

Okay, while I am all for American made, and in fact, it's my humble opinion that the best place to start with that is with our tax dollars, in that we insist our Govt. purchase American made products first. Having said this, in reference to China there are 1 billion people that live there and in order to do business with China which will benefit this nation we must realize that they too want to build for their own markets. A good example of this would be Toyota or Honda or Kia perhaps and even Airbus now putting plants here in the United States because they realize thats a good way to address this market with local made goods and services. No matter who the President is , it's my hope that President insists on American made and encourages trade , but you cannot tell the rest of the world, its our way or the highway and expect any kind of benefit from that. The point is that buildng things like cars, aircraft, ships, etc, these days takes a worldwide effort if you intend to benefit and how we as a nation step into that is the important thing. I'm also of the opinion that given the chance that Americans would love to have the chance to buy "Made in the USA" and we as a nation can get there as well as be a leader in the world .

Forum List

Back