Jeef Daniels finest moment

He's saying Liberals have Killed our Standing in the world and that they lose because they are wrong. They're not as smart as they think they are.
He's saying look at us then, look at us now.

Yeah...having 2 terms of Reagan, 3 terms of a Bush in the last 30 years have certainly cleared up what happened to "us"....

The problem was... The Rep started leaning left.. We basically had a one party system. The Tea Party is changing that and we all know it!
I'm looking forward to Nov... Not only will Romney win, The Congress will change in a big way as will the Senate. All those Corrupt Old Bastards are done for.
New Conservatives will be in power with a much better man and woman in the white house.

The Tea Party is not made of of Right Wing Extremists.. So no need to hit the thread with that shit.

Oh brother...did you even listen to what Daniels said...and what Sorkin wrote?

Yeah...having 2 terms of Reagan, 3 terms of a Bush in the last 30 years have certainly cleared up what happened to "us"....

The problem was... The Rep started leaning left.. We basically had a one party system. The Tea Party is changing that and we all know it!
I'm looking forward to Nov... Not only will Romney win, The Congress will change in a big way as will the Senate. All those Corrupt Old Bastards are done for.
New Conservatives will be in power with a much better man and woman in the white house.

The Tea Party is not made of of Right Wing Extremists.. So no need to hit the thread with that shit.

Yeah. it was a bunch of nonsense.

Yeah. it was a bunch of nonsense.

Really? How so?

1) It's fiction.
2) It completely ignores the complexity of issues on both sides of the aisle and attempts to make them look foolish without actually addressing major points.
3) It's easy to attack straw men. That doesnt necessarily mean there is substance to the attacks.

Take the stats for infant deaths Sorkin used. Sounds like America is doing horrible compared to other nations in infant deaths. But the numbers are actually misleading.

1) Other nations don't count infant deaths the same way
2) Other nations don't attempt to save as many infants as we do and they dont factor in the amount of infants we actually save.

I could go more in depth, but it's nonsense. Anyone can write dialogue that sounds good if you totally misrepresent the other side of the argument.

1) It's fiction.
2) It completely ignores the complexity of issues on both sides of the aisle and attempts to make them look foolish without actually addressing major points.
3) It's easy to attack straw men. That doesnt necessarily mean there is substance to the attacks.

Take the stats for infant deaths Sorkin used. Sounds like America is doing horrible compared to other nations in infant deaths. But the numbers are actually misleading.

1) Other nations don't count infant deaths the same way
2) Other nations don't attempt to save as many infants as we do and they dont factor in the amount of infants we actually save.

I could go more in depth, but it's nonsense. Anyone can write dialogue that sounds good if you totally misrepresent the other side of the argument.

Appreciate the thoughtful reply. The OP may have something to say about it though. Good night.

Forum List

Back