Jeef Daniels finest moment

The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube

a Nation Being Destroyed by Liberalism.. It has to be stopped. Informed? We're lied to every day. Liberal will always lose... again this November or we're all screwed.

We need to get back to our conservative roots.

Written by Aaron Sorkin...noted liberal.

Conservatives are like violins; touch the right strings and they play any tune you want.

He's saying Liberals have Killed our Standing in the world and that they lose because they are wrong. They're not as smart as they think they are.
He's saying look at us then, look at us now.

Last edited:

a Nation Being Destroyed by Liberalism.. It has to be stopped. Informed? We're lied to every day. Liberal will always lose... again this November or we're all screwed.

Daniels plays a right wingnut in this HBO show. Pity you didn't realize that.

Pity YOU didn't realize that Daniels is playing a Republican, not a right wing nut. And despite that patina Sorokin puts on the character played by Daniels, the fact is, the only thing the dimwit character spews are left-wing talking points.

Actually he plays a republican who sees his party being hi-jacked and co-opted by idiots.

Pity YOU didn't realize that Daniels is playing a Republican, not a right wing nut. And despite that patina Sorokin puts on the character played by Daniels, the fact is, the only thing the dimwit character spews are left-wing talking points.

Not so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard this, in essence last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It sums up my feelings in the best possible way and apologies to Aaron Sorkin for paraphrasing:

The tea party isn't what it started out to be.It has been hijacked by the radical right wing extremists.

Back in 1968 when Davis and Hayden organized the SDS it was for the express purpose of stopping the Vietnam war. But it got co-opted by the likes of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman and the yippies. The yippies, as it turned out were about flipping off the establishment, not trusting anybody over 30 and getting high. And that is how the left progressives were percieved for the next 40 years. Passing out daisys and smoking pot.

I understood the tea party in the beginning just as I understood the SDS. It was a grass roots middle class movement responding spontaineously to bad trends, a stagnent economy and sloppy government. But the radical right, in the form of the Koch brothers and other special interests moved in and polarized it into something that is now not only unrecognizable but ineffectual because they have lost their credibilty

The radical right has hi-jacked the republican party which in turn has enslaved the republican middle. with one possible exception. NOBODY would have run Abby Hoffman or Jerry Rubin for any office and no candidate would have sought their endorsement. Can you see Kennedy in a photo op with Bernadine Dorhn?

Hoffman and Rubin weren't democrats and neither are the Koch brothers republicans.

That's what I have so far, I'm still building on it.

Not so.

Of course it's so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard this, in essence last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It sums up my feelings in the best possible way and apologies to Aaron Sorkin for paraphrasing:

The tea party isn't what it started out to be.It has been hijacked by the radical right wing extremists.

Back in 1968 when Davis and Hayden organized the SDS it was for the express purpose of stopping the Vietnam war. But it got co-opted by the likes of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman and the yippies. The yippies, as it turned out were about flipping off the establishment, not trusting anybody over 30 and getting high. And that is how the left progressives were percieved for the next 40 years. Passing out daisys and smoking pot.

I understood the tea party in the beginning just as I understood the SDS. It was a grass roots middle class movement responding spontaineously to bad trends, a stagnent economy and sloppy government. But the radical right, in the form of the Koch brothers and other special interests moved in and polarized it into something that is now not only unrecognizable but ineffectual because they have lost their credibilty

The radical right has hi-jacked the republican party which in turn has enslaved the republican middle. with one possible exception. NOBODY would have run Abby Hoffman or Jerry Rubin for any office and no candidate would have sought their endorsement. Can you see Kennedy in a photo op with Bernadine Dorhn?

Hoffman and Rubin weren't democrats and neither are the Koch brothers republicans.

Pure Sorokin lib bullshit.

The Tea Party (properly understood, which is not the way you libs try to paint them) is merely reacting to the extremes of modern American liberalism in the governance of the United States for these past 60 or so years.

You go ahead and "build on" whatever you wish. But American values have changed for the worse. And no, I'm not talking about smoking pot or giving a damn about gay rights.

The Tea Party is certainly a group which the GOP hacks would like to co-opt. but that does NOT mean it's happening. The claim is just lib pap.

If you want an EXAMPLE of the kind of infestation of LIBERALISM that conservatives object to in American government, then you need look no farther than the recent SCOTUS decision on ObamaCrap. There is not one shred of honest judicial underpinning to that ruling. It just unilaterally granted virtually unchecked authority to Congress to do WHATEVER it likes without regard to the enumerated and limited powers of the Federal Government under the Constitution provided that Congress takes the simple expedient of making their meddling a "tax."

I thought it was funny when Daniels character said:

I am a registered republican, I only seem liberal because I believe that hurrianes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage.

I am a registered republican, I only seem liberal because I believe that hurrianes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage.

A funny line is funny.

Believing it reveals something about reality is not so funny.

It's scary.

And I say this WHILE looking at Sarah. :eusa_whistle:

Not so.

Of course it's so.

The Tea Party (properly understood, which is not the way you libs try to paint them) is merely reacting to the extremes of modern American liberalism in the governance of the United States for these past 60 or so years.

You go ahead and "build on" whatever you wish. But American values have changed for the worse. And no, I'm not talking about smoking pot or giving a damn about gay rights.

The Tea Party is certainly a group which the GOP hacks would like to co-opt. but that does NOT mean it's happening. The claim is just lib pap.

If you want an EXAMPLE of the kind of infestation of LIBERALISM that conservatives object to in American government, then you need look no farther than the recent SCOTUS decision on ObamaCrap. There is not one shred of honest judicial underpinning to that ruling. It just unilaterally granted virtually unchecked authority to Congress to do WHATEVER it likes without regard to the enumerated and limited powers of the Federal Government under the Constitution provided that Congress takes the simple expedient of making their meddling a "tax."

Liability! Did you just call me a liberal? Because I gotta tell ya THAT is a FIRST.:D

I think the point is Bill is a republican who sees his party being taken over by idiots. Something the democrats need to dwell on also. The nut cakes are ruining both parties. And running them into the ground. When the Rush Limbaughs and the Michelle 'Vacant stare' Bachmans are the people we listen to it's time to re-tool.

I watched the first episode then turned off the second. Showed promise then it sunk back into long held political and social stereotypes.

No problem, Dexter Season 7 is coming soon!

Of course it's so.

Liability! Did you just call me a liberal? Because I gotta tell ya THAT is a FIRST.:D

I think the point is Bill is a republican who sees his party being taken over by idiots. Something the democrats need to dwell on also. The nut cakes are ruining both parties. And running them into the ground. When the Rush Limbaughs and the Michelle 'Vacant stare' Bachmans are the people we listen to it's time to re-tool.

Whether you are or are not a lib is not the point, Slice.

The point is NOT that Bill is a Republican who "sees" any such thing.

The POINT is that Sorokin wants to pretend that the GOP is being taken over by those evil, dangerous mindless bogeymen "conservatives."

But being a typical lib hypocrite, he is utterly unconcerned with how effectively the Democrat Party was taken over by the liberals and is now the Democrat Parody.

Rush may venture off the reservation from time to time, but that only feeds the liberal frenzy who are thus able to ignore the many MORE examples of the wise things he says.

Palin has become a lib buzz-word. But it makes it easy for liberals to pretend that nothing she said had value or merit. It's like a page out of the Alinsky playbook. Marginalize her and ridicule her and the rubes will never hear the more important things she had to offer. (And I say that as one who firmly believes that she should take a couple of years off to just read the classics like Locke, Montesquieu, etc., and every back issue up to the current day of U.S. News and World Report, among other things.)

The REAL problem with the GOP is how far it has drifted FROM basic principles of American Conservatism.

A funny line is funny.

It's scary.

I think television has the power to illuminate as well as entertain. I wonder how many people out there can validate everything Daniels has said in Newsroom? Sure, it entertainment but an awful lot of people are identifying with it and THAT'S no joke.

Of course it's so.

The POINT is that Sorokin wants to pretend that the GOP is being taken over by those evil, dangerous mindless bogeymen "conservatives."

But being a typical lib hypocrite, he is utterly unconcerned with how effectively the Democrat Party was taken over by the liberals and is now the Democrat Parody.

Rush may venture off the reservation from time to time, but that only feeds the liberal frenzy who are thus able to ignore the many MORE examples of the wise things he says.

Palin has become a lib buzz-word. But it makes it easy for liberals to pretend that nothing she said had value or merit. It's like a page out of the Alinsky playbook. Marginalize her and ridicule her and the rubes will never hear the more important things she had to offer. (And I say that as one who firmly believes that she should take a couple of years off to just read the classics like Locke, Montesquieu, etc., and every back issue up to the current day of U.S. News and World Report, among other things.)

The REAL problem with the GOP is how far it has drifted FROM basic principles of American Conservatism.

Well I must be an idiot too because I see Rush Limbaugh as about the worst advertisement the rep party could possibly have among MANY other things.

Last edited:

A funny line is funny.

It's scary.

I think television has the power to illuminate as well as entertain. I wonder how many people out there can validate everything Daniels has said in Newsroom? Sure, it entertainment but an awful lot of people are identifying with it and THAT'S no joke.

Sorokin is clearly aiming at wishy washy libs.

But a more honest review of what he's saying and how he's playing it would reveal what he's up to.

I can't help it that you don't see it or that you are content to buy the propaganda.

Last edited:

Well I must be an idiot too because I see Rush Limbaugh as about the worst advertisement the rep party could possinble have among MANY other things.

You might be an idiot. But you are certainly entitled to your views.

LOTS of folks don't GET what Rush is actually saying.

They hear some sound bites (normally the ones selected by propagandizing libs on the nonobjective liberal main stream news programs) which are often taken deliberately out of context, and they are ok with formulating their "opinions" on that basis.

Actually he plays a republican who sees his party being hi-jacked and co-opted by idiots.
Thanks, I haven't seen the show. I now realize he's speaking out against the extreme right of his party.

Forum List

Back