Jeef Daniels finest moment

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by copsnrobbers, Jul 17, 2012.

1. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,058
    Written by Aaron Sorkin...noted liberal.

Conservatives are like violins; touch the right strings and they play any tune you want.

3. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    He's saying Liberals have Killed our Standing in the world and that they lose because they are wrong. They're not as smart as they think they are.
    He's saying look at us then, look at us now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. CandySlice

CandySlice This is a Dark ride

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    How did you like what he said about the tea party? Episode 2.

5. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,538
    Daniels plays a right wingnut in this HBO show. Pity you didn't realize that.

6. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Pity YOU didn't realize that Daniels is playing a Republican, not a right wing nut. And despite that patina Sorokin puts on the character played by Daniels, the fact is, the only thing the dimwit character spews are left-wing talking points.

7. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Actually he plays a republican who sees his party being hi-jacked and co-opted by idiots.

8. CandySlice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Not so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard this, in essence last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It sums up my feelings in the best possible way and apologies to Aaron Sorkin for paraphrasing:

The tea party isn't what it started out to be.It has been hijacked by the radical right wing extremists.

Back in 1968 when Davis and Hayden organized the SDS it was for the express purpose of stopping the Vietnam war. But it got co-opted by the likes of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman and the yippies. The yippies, as it turned out were about flipping off the establishment, not trusting anybody over 30 and getting high. And that is how the left progressives were percieved for the next 40 years. Passing out daisys and smoking pot.

I understood the tea party in the beginning just as I understood the SDS. It was a grass roots middle class movement responding spontaineously to bad trends, a stagnent economy and sloppy government. But the radical right, in the form of the Koch brothers and other special interests moved in and polarized it into something that is now not only unrecognizable but ineffectual because they have lost their credibilty

The radical right has hi-jacked the republican party which in turn has enslaved the republican middle. with one possible exception. NOBODY would have run Abby Hoffman or Jerry Rubin for any office and no candidate would have sought their endorsement. Can you see Kennedy in a photo op with Bernadine Dorhn?

Hoffman and Rubin weren't democrats and neither are the Koch brothers republicans.

That's what I have so far, I'm still building on it.

9. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Of course it's so.

Pure Sorokin lib bullshit.

The Tea Party (properly understood, which is not the way you libs try to paint them) is merely reacting to the extremes of modern American liberalism in the governance of the United States for these past 60 or so years.

You go ahead and "build on" whatever you wish. But American values have changed for the worse. And no, I'm not talking about smoking pot or giving a damn about gay rights.

The Tea Party is certainly a group which the GOP hacks would like to co-opt. but that does NOT mean it's happening. The claim is just lib pap.

If you want an EXAMPLE of the kind of infestation of LIBERALISM that conservatives object to in American government, then you need look no farther than the recent SCOTUS decision on ObamaCrap. There is not one shred of honest judicial underpinning to that ruling. It just unilaterally granted virtually unchecked authority to Congress to do WHATEVER it likes without regard to the enumerated and limited powers of the Federal Government under the Constitution provided that Congress takes the simple expedient of making their meddling a "tax."

10. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    I thought it was funny when Daniels character said:

I am a registered republican, I only seem liberal because I believe that hurrianes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage.