Jeb Bush

I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe

I grew up in a Florida where Jeb Bush decided to dissolve the state's board of governors (on education... supervises all of the universities) so he and the state senators can get their pet research centers established at the smaller schools at the expense of the entire university system. I saw a governor that allowed a man sitting on old money to pay only a fraction of the taxes the man next door with half a house had to pay courtesy of "Save Our Homes." I saw a publicity-whoring decimator of the separation of church and state that tried to meddle and pull taxpayer dollars to call for a special session to insert a feeding tube in Terri Schiavo's mouth against the will of her guardian.

He'll never get my vote. Ever. For anything.

Oh Gawd,another sad & pathetic "Hate BOOOOOOOOOOOSH" post. Hey Hopey Changeys,i think we get it by now! You really really really really really really hate that Bush guy! So you just sound deranged at this point. Hey,BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is real so please seek help now. Cuz now you're just boooooooooooring the chit out of us. Geeeeeeez!

The more I read you the more I wonder how you have the nerve to wear a Ron Paul avatar. You're not a Ron Paul conservative, you're just a standard fare neocon.

If they nominate Jeb they won't get THIS ex-Republican's vote. If they can come up with someone a lot better than this - I could consider voting for them - but no one that's being floated at this point could get my vote.

I dunno, he's got kind of a victim mentality and he lies. Here's what he said on FOX.

BUSH: I was on the plane coming up to Washington yesterday, and I heard someone complaining that their child’s acne was because of George Bush. Of course, last week the Olympics didn’t come to Chicago — that was my brother’s fault. And at some point, people are going to have to put on their big-boy pants and assume responsibility for the great challenges and opportunities our country has. I don’t know how much longer leaders — responsible leaders in Congress — can continue to say these things.

Not quoting, but I took his remarks as being a rebuke to all the stupid bashing and blame game. Blame Bush, blame Obama, blame Clinton, blame anyone who's handy at the time. Maybe I've got my optimistic hat on here, but I like it whenever I hear a Republican talk about the Neanderthal mentality that has stunk up the air quality in this country. It's such a rarity.

Yeah Why can't We All be as Blemish Free as Charlie Rangel!!!!! A Pillar of the Community!!!! I saw him at a wedding last week? Not!

What on earth does Charlie Rangel have to do with this topic? I don't like him either; think he's a crook who has used his position far too long for personal gain, and at the very least he NEEDS to be removed from that important post. Your point?

Mine (above) was simply aimed at the UNJUSTIFIED trash talk that constantly goes on, especially these days, which creates the momentum influencing a great number of the lesser intelligent who can't form opinions on their merits of an issue. I never, ever implied that Democrats were pure as driven snow. Ever. You owe me an apology.

If they nominate Jeb they won't get THIS ex-Republican's vote. If they can come up with someone a lot better than this - I could consider voting for them - but no one that's being floated at this point could get my vote.

Actually, neither would I. I would need to revisit a lot of Jeb Bush's history before I formed an honest opinion of him. Long before the 2008 primary season, I once thought I could support John McCain too, until he became ...well...no longer the John McCain I once admired.

Is He the Smartest Bush, the Wisest? Is it enough? It's worth exploring. Either way, the next time a Republican takes the White House, it would be nice to see an Appointment for him.

Actually, neither would I. I would need to revisit a lot of Jeb Bush's history before I formed an honest opinion of him. Long before the 2008 primary season, I once thought I could support John McCain too, until he became ...well...no longer the John McCain I once admired.

MaggieMae, I really like your avatar. I love this time of the year. About JB: I agree that we need to know far more about him.

I wonder how the country would look if Jeb had been the son groomed for the presidency instead of his brother. Jeb maintains all the conservative values the right stands for, as well as the moderate left, in my humble opinion.

Listen to him articulate on a variety of issues (operative word articulate). If the Democrats (especially in Congress) can't get their act together by 2012, and the Republicans continue to flail around among the fringe elements of conservatism, I would consider voting for Jeb Bush (voted for his father but not his brother) should he be hinting at going after the spot.

Morning Joe

"W" was groomed???? :lol::lol::lol:

That is rich.

Forum List

Back