Jeb Bush joins Rubio against Arizona bill

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Jeb Bush Joins Rubio Against Arizona Bill - Daniel Foster - The Corner on National Review Online

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jeb Bush Joins Rubio Against Arizona Bill [Daniel Foster]

The former Florida governor, a proponent of comprehensive immigration reform, spoke out against the Arizona immigration bill:

"I think it creates unintended consequences," he said in a telephone interview with POLITICO Tuesday. "It's difficult for me to imagine how you're going to enforce this law. It places a significant burden on local law enforcement and you have civil liberties issues that are significant as well."

The measure, signed into law last Friday, would require police to check the immigration status of any individuals they reasonably suspect are illegal immigrants and arrest them if they can't prove legal status.

Bush said he understood the anger that prompted the bill, but that immigration should remain a federal issue.

"I don't think this is the proper approach," he said.

Funny we hear all about "unintended consequences", yet not a peep about the moronic "war" on (some) drugs that is fueling the gang violence along the southern border.

And the band played on......

Dude...shhhhhh. They want all of this stuff going on so they can solve the problem when they get off their fat asses and decide it's time.

How can they claim it's a crisis when the crisis is over.

This election cycle the theme is supposed to be Fat-Cats in banking...not wet-backs killing ranchers.

Jeb Bush Joins Rubio Against Arizona Bill - Daniel Foster - The Corner on National Review Online

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The former Florida governor, a proponent of comprehensive immigration reform, spoke out against the Arizona immigration bill:

"I think it creates unintended consequences," he said in a telephone interview with POLITICO Tuesday. "It's difficult for me to imagine how you're going to enforce this law. It places a significant burden on local law enforcement and you have civil liberties issues that are significant as well."

The measure, signed into law last Friday, would require police to check the immigration status of any individuals they reasonably suspect are illegal immigrants and arrest them if they can't prove legal status.

Bush said he understood the anger that prompted the bill, but that immigration should remain a federal issue.

HAHA...nobody wants to lose the Hispanic vote!!!! Mayhem can rule, one way or another. This whole thing is political. Surprised at Rubio for taking this stance.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jeb does not want his kids being pulled over and asked for their immigration papers

JEB is wrong on this as was his brother. Enough said on it. And the NRO did mention Rubio...sans LINK...but if you dig deeper Rubio did indeed say a few thing regarding this topic...

But he made this subject clear when he stated : “an excuse to try and jam through amnesty legislation”...

Imagine that? Rubio has this called as to the real intent of some. That would tell me that he has the LAW in mind, and will wait to see the result to challanges.

Oh...The link to Rubio's comments?

HERE

Note to OP? Check this shit out, eh?

Funny we hear all about "unintended consequences", yet not a peep about the moronic "war" on (some) drugs that is fueling the gang violence along the southern border.

And the band played on......

For once, I agree with you, Dooodeee...... Legalize them all, provide the fixes for the addicts, and cures for those that would get off. Not only cheaper than the 'War on Drugs', but also would eliminate most gangs and violence associated with the drug trade.

Interestingly some of the most adamant opponents of legalizing pot in California are the growers in North California. Doing that would really cut into the prices they get.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

HAHA...nobody wants to lose the Hispanic vote!!!! Mayhem can rule, one way or another. This whole thing is political. Surprised at Rubio for taking this stance.

Rubio knows the intent of the Law's detractors... he stated that he doesn't “an excuse to try and jam through amnesty legislation”...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Arizona's new anti-illegal immigration law is sparking outrage across the country and now, San Francisco's city attorney is urging policymakers and businesses to take a stand against the controversial legislation and send the state a message.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera on Monday called for a sweeping boycott of the state of Arizona and Arizona-based businesses.

Herrera, himself the son an immigrant from Latin America, called the law "draconian" and released the following statement upon announcing the push for a boycott:

Mucho mas: SF Calls for Arizona Boycott | NBC Bay Area

Jeb Bush is a "RINO."
Or married to and a parent of Latinos. :lol:

Funny how people that have Latino relatives can see past the bullshit.

Good for Jeb, though, he doesn't totally suck.

Jeb was a decent governor. I thought he did a better job that Crist.
I voted for him the first time. But the Terry Shaivo thing really got to me...that was just wrong.

Or married to and a parent of Latinos. :lol:

Funny how people that have Latino relatives can see past the bullshit.

Good for Jeb, though, he doesn't totally suck.

Jeb was a decent governor. I thought he did a better job that Crist.
I voted for him the first time. But the Terry Shaivo thing really got to me...that was just wrong.

Yeah, there were a few things that pissed me off about him too, but at least you knew where he stood. Crist stuck his finger in the wind every day.

Hahahahah, California is in the shittier and damn near bankrupted because of their Sanctuary policies, and we're suppose to care what some dumb shit Latino city attorney from San Franfreiko says about Arizona.

oh my sides ache.

Forum List

Back