Jeb Bush Isn't a Conservative?

That he is not considered so by many just shows how rigidly lock-step the Republican base has become with their check-the-box, unimaginative mentality.

Here are two articles recently about Bush's time as governor. He certainly was never criticized as being "too moderate" when he was governor.

Who s a Conservative Jeb Bush Is About to Find Out - Bloomberg Politics

What Kind of Republican is Bush His Time as Governor Offers Clues - WSJ

Hillary Clinton is done, even rdean is slowly beginning to grasp this fact. (reinforced by his trainers with treats and electric shocks.)

Elizabeth Warren has arisen as the "great red hope" for the left, since she has all the qualifications democrats seek in a president - to wit, a vagina.

The problem with Warren is that she only appeals the the leftist fringe. The middle left was pushed into Obama with threats of being branded a "racist," but the threats of being called "sexist" fall flat with women.

So the democrats NEED Jeb Bush, they need someone so repugnant, not just to the Right, but to the nation, weary of Dubya's fuckups, weary of aristocracy.by blood, that even Warren appears palatable.

Warren is a good Senator and Jeb is his own person.

We the people should have the right to vote for anyone we want and as many times as we want. And what is up with sins-of-the-father nonsense? That is so illiberal, undemocratic, and unAmerican. LOL

That he is not considered so by many just shows how rigidly lock-step the Republican base has become with their check-the-box, unimaginative mentality.

Here are two articles recently about Bush's time as governor. He certainly was never criticized as being "too moderate" when he was governor.

Bush is as conservative as it gets -- he's just not a radical or reactionary. After all, he's Barbara's son

Yes agree, you would honestly consider voting for Bush IIII

He's a Bush. He's a Statist scumbag and a member of one of the most evil American families since the Mansons

Remember his brother was a "Compassionate" Conservative?
Yeah. Who needs compassion? That's just evil because it might just cost you a few cents out of your tax dollars.

yeah, it's very compassionate to enslave families in generational poverty.

yeah, there were so few families experiencing generational poverty before FDR and Johnson

REALITY CHECK in Aisle 6!!!

Bush is as conservative as it gets -- he's just not a radical or reactionary. After all, he's Barbara's son

Yes agree, you would honestly consider voting for Bush IIII

No one has stated any rational reason why Jeb wouldn't be a serious candidate. Liberals consider all candidates that fit a description as Jeb does. Of course it would be an easy vote for Jeb if his opponent were far to the right or far to the left

You're insane.

You have the funniest set of delusions of anyone on this board.

He's a Bush. He's a Statist scumbag and a member of one of the most evil American families since the Mansons

Yeah. Who needs compassion? That's just evil because it might just cost you a few cents out of your tax dollars.

yeah, there were so few families experiencing generational poverty before FDR and Johnson

So true. All those photos of poor people from early 20th century were just people in Halloween costumes.

So true. All those photos of poor people from early 20th century were just people in Halloween costumes.
Sure Conservatives are poor students of history. They'll tell us how everybody was prosperous during the Great Depression and how few families continued to live in shacks even after WWII. They'll tell us how even handed every poor or Black citizen has been treated and how no one deserves a helping hand for food, medicine or housing. And today they are trying to turn the word 'compassion' into an epithet.

How do they sleep? Pretty well, I suppose. without a conscience or an outlook that extends beyond their personal well being, one can enjoy the blissful sleep of the ignorant.

Sure Conservatives are poor students of history. They'll tell us how everybody was prosperous during the Great Depression and how few families continued to live in shacks even after WWII. They'll tell us how even handed every poor or Black citizen has been treated and how no one deserves a helping hand for food, medicine or housing. And today they are trying to turn the word 'compassion' into an epithet.

How do they sleep? Pretty well, I suppose. without a conscience or an outlook that extends beyond their personal well being, one can enjoy the blissful sleep of the ignorant.

It's a simple self serving argument. Conservatives insisting that helping the poor does them more harm than good is nothing more than an attempt to manufacture a conscience-friendy rationale for not helping the poor.

It's a simple self serving argument. Conservatives insisting that helping the poor does them more harm than good is nothing more than an attempt to manufacture a conscience-friendy rationale for not helping the poor.
If they were the least bit honest they would say "We're for denying the poor, the elderly and the infirmed any benefits for food, housing and medicine for their own good!"

If they were the least bit honest they would say "We're for denying the poor, the elderly and the infirmed any benefits for food, housing and medicine for their own good!"

But, in an insanely contradictory manner, conservatives are the first to boast about how much they give to charity,

which often as not goes to the needy. I guess doing more harm than good is somehow better when it's done voluntarily.

Seems to me the Bush family is directly responsible for driving up the cost of oil.
:cuckoo:
Conspiracy threads are in the conspiracy Forum

btw, know what the commodity market is?
Sure, just like there is a Flame Forum for flames and trolls.

Commodity Market, wow, I wonder if you know what power the President of the United States has, or the power of a governor like the state of Florida, of course facts such as Bush banning drilling off the Coast of Florida would effect the Commodity Market, would it not. Or in your tiny mind do you know not see the damage that Republicans cause with their failed Energy Policies.

Dante, you are the problem with the USA, blind-faith and willful ignorance, if I am to be nice.

The Bush family are Democrats at best, big government double talkers.

Hannity falsely suggested only liberals oppose coastal oil drilling Research Media Matters for America

Hannity falsely suggested only "liberals" oppose coastal oil drilling
Research May 6, 2005
Fox News host Sean Hannity falsely suggested that only "liberals" have opposed proposals to drill for oil in United States coastal waters. On the May 5 edition of Hannity & Colmes, Hannity declared that a major "problem" with the U.S. energy supply is that "liberals in this country ... won't allow us to drill off the shores of the coast of California or Florida, the Great Lakes, national parks, designated areas, the 48 states, anywhere." In fact, Republican presidents and governors have also opposed coastal drilling: President George H.W. Bushenacted a moratorium banning coastal drilling, President George W. Bush and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush bothopposed plans to drill off the coast of Florida, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger opposes coastal drilling in California.

Contrary to Hannity's suggestion that only "liberals" oppose coastal drilling, it was a Republican president who first placed the ban on such drilling still in effect today. The presidential moratorium on coastal drilling, which "applies to virtually all the coasts" was "first imposed by President Bush in June 1990," as CNN.com notedwhen then-President Bill Clinton extended the moratorium on June 12, 1998. The moratorium applies to all "new federal unleased areas" [Los Angeles Times 4/25/05].

Further, the current President Bush blocked coastal drilling in Florida. In 2002, Bush reached a deal to "buy out mineral rights in the cypress swamps of the Everglades and off the white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico" on Florida's coast [The Washington Post, 5/30/02]. The Washington Post reported that the deal "could ... provide a political boost" to the reelection hopes of his brother Jeb, who called the move "good public policy";The New York Times also reported that Gov. Bush acknowledged that it was "likely to help his re-election campaign."

Schwarzenegger has steadfastly opposed coastal drilling in California; in an April 4 letter to members of Congress, "California Resources Secretary Mike Chrisman said the state is against 'any effort to lift the congressional moratorium on offshore oil and gas leasing activities'" [Los Angeles Times, 4/25/05].

The Bush administration has flip-flopped on protecting California's coastal areas from drilling. After

Back in 2008 Hillary wasn't liberal enough for the Democratic party and now some on the left are pushing Warren to run for President someone who is at least as far to the left if not farther than Obama and is now the measuring stick for what a true liberal is. Interesting that the left also has it's definition of who is or isn't a true liberal.

Seems to me the Bush family is directly responsible for driving up the cost of oil.
:cuckoo:
Conspiracy threads are in the conspiracy Forum

btw, know what the commodity market is?
Sure, just like there is a Flame Forum for flames and trolls.

Commodity Market, wow, I wonder if you know what power the President of the United States has, or the power of a governor like the state of Florida, of course facts such as Bush banning drilling off the Coast of Florida would effect the Commodity Market, would it not. Or in your tiny mind do you know not see the damage that Republicans cause with their failed Energy Policies.

Dante, you are the problem with the USA, blind-faith and willful ignorance, if I am to be nice.

The Bush family are Democrats at best, big government double talkers.

Hannity falsely suggested only liberals oppose coastal oil drilling Research Media Matters for America

Hannity falsely suggested only "liberals" oppose coastal oil drilling
Research May 6, 2005
Fox News host Sean Hannity falsely suggested that only "liberals" have opposed proposals to drill for oil in United States coastal waters. On the May 5 edition of Hannity & Colmes, Hannity declared that a major "problem" with the U.S. energy supply is that "liberals in this country ... won't allow us to drill off the shores of the coast of California or Florida, the Great Lakes, national parks, designated areas, the 48 states, anywhere." In fact, Republican presidents and governors have also opposed coastal drilling: President George H.W. Bushenacted a moratorium banning coastal drilling, President George W. Bush and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush bothopposed plans to drill off the coast of Florida, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger opposes coastal drilling in California.

Contrary to Hannity's suggestion that only "liberals" oppose coastal drilling, it was a Republican president who first placed the ban on such drilling still in effect today. The presidential moratorium on coastal drilling, which "applies to virtually all the coasts" was "first imposed by President Bush in June 1990," as CNN.com notedwhen then-President Bill Clinton extended the moratorium on June 12, 1998. The moratorium applies to all "new federal unleased areas" [Los Angeles Times 4/25/05].

Further, the current President Bush blocked coastal drilling in Florida. In 2002, Bush reached a deal to "buy out mineral rights in the cypress swamps of the Everglades and off the white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico" on Florida's coast [The Washington Post, 5/30/02]. The Washington Post reported that the deal "could ... provide a political boost" to the reelection hopes of his brother Jeb, who called the move "good public policy";The New York Times also reported that Gov. Bush acknowledged that it was "likely to help his re-election campaign."

Schwarzenegger has steadfastly opposed coastal drilling in California; in an April 4 letter to members of Congress, "California Resources Secretary Mike Chrisman said the state is against 'any effort to lift the congressional moratorium on offshore oil and gas leasing activities'" [Los Angeles Times, 4/25/05].

The Bush administration has flip-flopped on protecting California's coastal areas from drilling. After

too weird for words'''

Back in 2008 Hillary wasn't liberal enough for the Democratic party and now some on the left are pushing Warren to run for President someone who is at least as far to the left if not farther than Obama and is now the measuring stick for what a true liberal is. Interesting that the left also has it's definition of who is or isn't a true liberal.

actually you are wrong. Hillary wasn't Black and she wasn't anti-war

left has nothing to do with liberal

now go take a walk

now go take a walk
Actually that is nothing more than your opinion which despite your over inflated sense of self importance means no more than anyone else's. I have already been to the gym and did 25 minutes on the treadmill at an incline 11.0 and a speed of 4.4 so I'm good.

now go take a walk
Actually that is nothing more than your opinion which despite your over inflated sense of self importance means no more than anyone else's. I have already been to the gym and did 25 minutes on the treadmill at an incline 11.0 and a speed of 4.4 so I'm good.

I find most gym rats to be insecure and small minded persons. Hope you're different

now go take a walk

I find most gym rats to be insecure and small minded persons. Hope you're different
I don't know what you consider a gym rat I go three times a week. I started going because as I neared 40 I was 5ft 9 and 200 pounds my reasons were for health not insecurity.

Jeb Bush isn't a Conservative?

Mebbe.

But he does have a thing or two going for him...

Such as... not being Billary, and not being Obumble...

That may be enough...

We'll know, shortly...

Forum List

Back