Jeb Bush 2012?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
As far as I know, no one has started a thread like this. I would like to hear everyone's ideas on how likely this is.

Even if he runs, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican party is through with that family, and the voters are even more fed up than the party is. No chance he could even win the primary.

• Banned
Even if he runs, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican party is through with that family, and the voters are even more fed up than the party is. No chance he could even win the primary.

Let's hope so. I think they should run Romney.

No, for another Bush. I would vote for Mitt. I do believe he was the smartest person running in the republican race. The media really got behind McCain, because they said it was his turn. I was really pissed when the said it was "his turn." I'M trying to figure if politicians take a number and when it's your number...it's your turn. I do a lot of wondering about those kind of things.

Last edited:
The media battered Romney - they wanted McCain to be the nominee as he was among the weakest of candidates.

Only when he chose Palin did they let out a collective "Oh shit".

From then on it was the destruction of Palin in full force.

I don't believe Palin was quite ready for prime time, but she is far more capable and intelligent than the character assassination unleased against her. The left feared that selection, and did whatever necessary to reduce her to a cartoon character. Sadly, the McCain campaign did little to combat this, and by the last few weeks of the campaign, were in fact contributing to it.

Romney would have ran a far more effective campaign - and he would be far more capable of handling this economic mess than the "spread the wealth" Obama...

The media battered Romney - they wanted McCain to be the nominee as he was among the weakest of candidates.

Only when he chose Palin did they let out a collective "Oh shit".

From then on it was the destruction of Palin in full force.

I don't believe Palin was quite ready for prime time, but she is far more capable and intelligent than the character assassination unleased against her. The left feared that selection, and did whatever necessary to reduce her to a cartoon character. Sadly, the McCain campaign did little to combat this, and by the last few weeks of the campaign, were in fact contributing to it.

Romney would have ran a far more effective campaign - and he would be far more capable of handling this economic mess than the "spread the wealth" Obama...

I'd have to disagree with pretty much everything you just said. It's so far off the mark that I wonder if you actually were party to the same election season as the rest of us. Romney wasn't battered by "the media". Romney was battered by the radical religious right who wasn't ever going to come out and vote for a mormon. It wasn't the media that had the problem with him... it was your own "base".

So in an effort to get disaffected Hillary voters, McCain picked a woman. Unfortunately, she came off as dumb as toast. McCain still might have won had it remained a "base" election. The economic crash made it clear, after the public actually heard palin speak, that neither she nor mccain was up to the task.

McCain lost his election the day of the first debate when he pretend suspended his campaign.

As far as I know, no one has started a thread like this. I would like to hear everyone's ideas on how likely this is.

There will never be another president bush... not ever.

i agree, though, that he might run for senate and i think he would win.

personally? i think he should be running FEMA.

C'mon, Jill. Tell us he's your dream candidate for the republican nomination.:lol:

C'mon, Jill. Tell us he's your dream candidate for the republican nomination.:lol:

you ask that like you think i wouldn't like any of them. silly. silly. silly. have i told you i've never voted for a democratic mayor of ny?

didn't think so.

anyway, i'd have thought mitt would have made the best choice this past election cycle for the repubs. at the end of the day, even though i don't agree with his economic ideas, he was the most experienced candidate in that regard. he'd have withstood the scrutiny after the banks crashed and burned. ;)

but really? you wouldn't like any of the repubs I do... I think "social conservatism" and hatred of government are killing your party.

you ask that like you think i wouldn't like any of them. silly. silly. silly. have i told you i've never voted for a democratic mayor of ny?

didn't think so.

anyway, i'd have thought mitt would have made the best choice this past election cycle for the repubs. at the end of the day, even though i don't agree with his economic ideas, he was the most experienced candidate in that regard. he'd have withstood the scrutiny after the banks crashed and burned. ;)

but really? you wouldn't like any of the repubs I do... I think "social conservatism" and hatred of government are killing your party.

I'm not a social conservative.

oh... i know that. sorry. but they are the standard-bearers for your party. you'd be amazed at how many people would be able to vote repub but for that.

ultimately, while i think mitt would have had the best chance, it's entirely possible that the backlash against bush was so great, that it couldn't have been withstood.

and to bring it back around to your OP, it's why i don't think jeb will ever get the nod. almost a pity, at that. he's the smarter of the bush boys... even barbara thought he was the son who should have been pres.

oh... i know that. sorry. but they are the standard-bearers for your party. you'd be amazed at how many people would be able to vote repub but for that.

ultimately, while i think mitt would have had the best chance, it's entirely possible that the backlash against bush was so great, that it couldn't have been withstood.

and to bring it back around to your OP, it's why i don't think jeb will ever get the nod. almost a pity, at that. he's the smarter of the bush boys... even barbara thought he was the son who should have been pres.

I think Sr thought so too.

would have been better for the country if he had been. ah well... woulda shoulda coulda...

*edit*

I actually think someday, someone is going to do a true psychological profile on baby bush. i have never seen anyone so determined to "show" daddy and mommy he was good enough. i actually felt bad for him sometimes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back