Jealously in relationships

But sounds like you may have an image problem. :)

That, or he can feel free to POST his picture and we can be the judge! :D

Imagine the hottest guy in the world...but better looking.

:eusa_whistle:

well, isn't THAT what the internet allows us all to do or say, about ourselves? lol :eusa_whistle:

Show me the money, honey.....lol

And even then it could be someone else's pic or one from 20 years ago or one cleaverly crafted!

So, now that i thought it all through, your way is probably the best way. I'll just agree to take your word for it! :D

care

Jealousy is a charactor flaw for the most part.

You see your significant other talking to someone hot and feel jealous, why would you feel jealous.

The fact that you chose someone to be with that would be swayed to betray you because someone is hot? Maybe you chose wrong?

I long ago desided that if the person I was with desided to go to someone else for whatever reasons then that would be fine with me. It is not a reflextion on me , its their deal.

My hubby is a real goodlooking, funny, bright person who people just love. He loves to make people laugh. If I wasted my time being jealous every time some woman looked at him in that way I would be miserable. I just know that the likelyhood is he is coming home to me every night and if someday he actually met someone who he just could not resist then how is that my fault?

Jealousy comes from a feeling of inferiority. I have never understood how jealousy makes people mad at anyone but themselves.

Last edited:
Is jealously in a realtionship evidence of someone feeling cheated out of something ? A fear that it may happen or has someones behavior already been construed as cheating or not fulfilling an expectation of exclusiveness ?

betrayal of something you thought the relationship stood for maybe, not necessarily cheated....perhaps

When jealousy is justified, it is really jealousy?

In that case, it seems to me it is the just final alert to the other person that whatever they are doing is not going to fly much longer.

OTOH, if it is based on one's imagination and insecurity, well then...it's a personal problem that will probably wreck a good relationship.

Who determines if it's justified ?

I'm thinking that if you walk in on your wife in the act of taking it up the ass with the poolboy then it's justified. Otherwise, jealousy is an personal issue rooted in low self esteem. If you are the MAN, and you know it, then chances are she does to and there will be no reason to let jealousy trump trust. If there is more to the story then drop her like a fucking heavy rock.

Well when the woman gives up her special prize, I guess a lot is on the line. Put your special prize in someone elses basket and I guess you had watch that basket pretty closely. :lol:

I was in a relationship where I was jealous. It was because she was a whole lot better looking that I am. And I knew that other men were after her all the time but I wasn't secure enough to trust her. And people would tell us all the time that we made such a good couple (what they really were saying is that she makes you look so much better). I'm glad she got fat or else I would have left her.

I was in a relationship where I was jealous. It was because she was a whole lot better looking that I am. And I knew that other men were after her all the time but I wasn't secure enough to trust her. And people would tell us all the time that we made such a good couple (what they really were saying is that she makes you look so much better). I'm glad she got fat or else I would have left her.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my gosh....that was funny....

Is jealously in a realtionship evidence of someone feeling cheated out of something ? A fear that it may happen or has someones behavior already been construed as cheating or not fulfilling an expectation of exclusiveness ?

it is insecurity......and or selfishness.....

Yes it is an indication to yourslef that you need to work on your own problems.

If you are jealous of someone there is a problem in you or your relationship.

I think the woman who got fat did it out of love, be proud your woman loves you enough to eat extra ding dongs.

I think the woman who got fat did it out of love, be proud your woman loves you enough to eat extra ding dongs.

if your woman is eating extra ding dongs.....you have a problem....

Depends on if they are shrink wrapped in plastic or latex....

When jealousy is justified, it is really jealousy?

In that case, it seems to me it is the just final alert to the other person that whatever they are doing is not going to fly much longer.

OTOH, if it is based on one's imagination and insecurity, well then...it's a personal problem that will probably wreck a good relationship.

Who determines if it's justified ?

Reality..usually after the fact.

Typically, when affairs are going down the tubes, people paying attention sense something's wrong based on very minor things.

Taken by themselves are these minor things are likely inconsequential, but in the aggregate they are usually informative.

If you're fortunate enough to have never been on the wrong end of a relationship where you were being betrayed, and sensed it before you knew it for sure, even as you were being lied to, all I can say is lucky you.

A bond with an infidel is a rope of sand.

:lol:

lol, i think she meant Hostess ring dings

I think there are different forms of jealousy.

Insecurity can be manifested as a form of jealousy.

Think on that song that goes, "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife...."

I had an insanely jealous husband in my first go around. He cheated a lot so I assumed that was the main reason he was so jealous. He was also a control freak too. The kind that did not want his woman going to the grocery store alone.

The power-and-control freakism you are describing is extremely common to those in the domestic crises business.

You're damned lucky to have gotten out of that relationship without bruises.

Generally domestic abusers start out physically and psychologically isolating their women, seeking to crush their egos and control them completely, and when the women object, physical violence is typically their last resort.

I think there are different forms of jealousy.

Insecurity can be manifested as a form of jealousy.

Think on that song that goes, "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife...."

I had an insanely jealous husband in my first go around. He cheated a lot so I assumed that was the main reason he was so jealous. He was also a control freak too. The kind that did not want his woman going to the grocery store alone.

The power-and-control freakism you are describing is extremely common to those in the domestic crises business.

You're damned lucky to have gotten out of that relationship without bruises.

Generally domestic abusers start out physically and psychologically isolating their women, seeking to crush their egos and control them completely, and when the women object, physical violence is typically their last resort.

Who said I got out of w/o bruises? It did mean I was a very young divorvced mother of two. I stayed long enough in the relationship for my son as I had planned on never being married again or I should say property of another person and I wanted two children. I am grateful every day I was blessed with a very loving, caring and understanding husband the second time around.

Any abusive relationship is not going to last. Regardless if it is the female or male who is the abuser. It happens in both genders. Generally speaking women abusers are not as physically as capable of causing the worst physical damage in these control freak type relationships yet the mental damage is as lasting. Jealousy can be an immediate red flag in any relationship to avoid.

Last edited:

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity and lack of trust. It does not necessarily mean that the jealous person has reason to be insecure and untrusting, or even that he believes he has reason to feel that way. It simply means that, deep down, that person does not feel certain that his significant other's affections are inalienable. (I use the masculine pronoun only for the sake of correct English, not because I in any way think men are more inclined toward jealousy than women.)

Forum List

Back