Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos

Cutler is going from having arguably the best young receiving corp in the NFL to a team whose best receiver is a kick returner.

Correction the record breaking kick returner! We do have very good TEs, but yea the lack of WR might be a problem. Hopefully Bennett will have a better Soph season!

You guys should try to sign Anquan Boldin.

I agree! But Angelo is going to take baby steps! 2 big moves in one day might be too much for the man!

Bears way over paid.

as a bears fan I agree 100 percent. There aren't many quarterbacks worth two first rounders.

Yep 2 first rounder is a lot, but when do franchise pro-bowl 25 yr QBs with solid arms become available? The answer is they NEVER DO! Take any pro-bowl QB, from both Mannings to Brady, to Palmer to Farve (after he emerged as a great QB), Steve Young (Ditto), Boomer, Marino, Elway, Montana etc. The QB is the hardest position to fill for a reason! Look this season we wouldn't have gotten a better player than Cutler, even if we had the number 1. The 3rd round is a crap shoot. Next year is going to hurt, but I still think it was worth it.

Again pro-bowl 25 yr QB with wicked strong arms don't grow on trees!

The other big loser in this deal: Bill Belichick.

Yeah, I said it. He blew it by sending Cassel to KC.

If Jay Cutler is worth 2 firsts, a third, and Kyle Orton then how the hell do you justify Matt Cassel AND Mike Vrabel for the 34th pick?

HUGE mistake on Belichick's part.

You see...Jay Cutler is NOT worth 2 firsts, a third, and Kyle Orton.

But, I agree that the Cassel deal was a mistake on Belichick's part.

It should have been Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. Or maybe for a 2nd and Tony G.

Bears way over paid.

as a bears fan I agree 100 percent. There aren't many quarterbacks worth two first rounders.

Yep 2 first rounder is a lot, but when do franchise pro-bowl 25 yr QBs with solid arms become available? The answer is they NEVER DO! Take any pro-bowl QB, from both Mannings to Brady, to Palmer to Farve (after he emerged as a great QB), Steve Young (Ditto), Boomer, Marino, Elway, Montana etc. The QB is the hardest position to fill for a reason! Look this season we wouldn't have gotten a better player than Cutler, even if we had the number 1. The 3rd round is a crap shoot. Next year is going to hurt, but I still think it was worth it.

Again pro-bowl 25 yr QB with wicked strong arms don't grow on trees!

Agreed, i know how frustrating it is watching bad QB play year in, year out. The Ravens have had shitty QB's their entire short history, i think Cutler is the real deal hopefully Flacco is too.

I'm sorry, but when exactly did Cutler establish that much worth?

He's certainly not going to live up to it with chicago's receivers :lol:

What a stupid transaction. The Bronco stuck its cock in the bear's ass on this deal.

What a stupid transaction. The Bronco stuck its cock in the bear's ass on this deal.

He led his team to a complete meltdown by losing the last three games of the season, consequently missing the playoffs, and is .500 as a starter.

So I got no fuggin' clue.

Oh, and he's a huge cry baby to boot.

almost as bad as Phoenix did to Philly when they got Barkley for Hornacek and andrew lang. sorry couldn't resist.

but yeah this is horrible for the bears.

He led his team to a complete meltdown by losing the last three games of the season, consequently missing the playoffs, and is .500 as a starter.

if he's a cry baby, the chicago media will crucify him. it will be fun to watch.

if he's a cry baby, the chicago media will crucify him. it will be fun to watch.

Aye.

He should learn from a guy like Mike Lowell who kept his mouth shut this offseason while the Sox were aggressively pursuing Mark Texeira while full well that he'd be the odd man out of the equation.

Aye.

He should learn from a guy like Mike Lowell who kept his mouth shut this offseason while the Sox were aggressively pursuing Mark Texeira while full well that he'd be the odd man out of the equation.

sox shouldn't have done that to Mike Lowell. What ended up happening?

Aye.

sox shouldn't have done that to Mike Lowell.

I disagree. Mark Texeira is a switch hitting power hitter, gold glove fielding, OBP machine just entering the prime of his career. If we signed him we could have moved Youk another gold glove, OBP machine entering his prime back over to third and had the best corner infield defense in the league.

Lowell as much as I love the guy for all he's done for us is on the downside of his career and coming off a major surgery.

Signing Tex would have been a huge boon for our team.

What ended up happening?

The Skanks swooped in and signed Tex for more money and more years than he's worth.

Aye.

I disagree. Mark Texeira is a switch hitting power hitter, gold glove fielding, OBP machine just entering the prime of his career. If we signed him we could have moved Youk another gold glove, OBP machine entering his prime back over to third and had the best corner infield defense in the league.

Lowell as much as I love the guy for all he's done for us is on the downside of his career and coming off a major surgery.

What ended up happening?

The Skanks swooped in and signed Tex for more money and more years than he's worth.

yanks will never win. it's the Hillary Clinton curse.

What ended up happening?

lol ...

Let's hope her new post doesn't make that curse lose it's power.

lol ...

Let's hope her new post doesn't make that curse lose it's power.

i don't think it will.

I think people greatly overestimate Cassel's trade value. He was only signed for one season, at a huge price tag. That matters.

I think people greatly overestimate Cassel's trade value. He was only signed for one season, at a huge price tag. That matters.

KC isn't going to be paying Cassel 14 million for one year. He will sign a long term deal.

Forum List

Back