Jay Carney has lost it

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
Today, he stated "The Speaker’s “Plan B” approach doesn't meet this test because it can’t pass the Senate and therefore will not protect middle class families..."

So let's get this straight. The Speaker's plan, which keeps current rates in place for everyone up to millionaires, doesn't pass the test...because Senate Democrats won't pass it for political reasons, thereby failing to protect the middle class.

And he said this with a straight face! The guy deserves a raise.

Carney laughs behind the backs of Americans. Democrats will believe anything.

Today, he stated "The Speaker’s “Plan B” approach doesn't meet this test because it can’t pass the Senate and therefore will not protect middle class families..."

So let's get this straight. The Speaker's plan, which keeps current rates in place for everyone up to millionaires, doesn't pass the test...because Senate Democrats won't pass it for political reasons, thereby failing to protect the middle class.

I think you are laboring under the assumption that the biggest obstacle to passing an agreement is democrats.

It's 4 times what the President proposed initially and 2 times what his counter offer was..so yeah..it's not going to pass the senate. And even if it does? It faces a veto.

It's a bullshit bill.

He deserves more than a raise. He basically with a straight face just told the nation that the Obama plan is the only plan. He managed to tell the hostages that the negotiator isn't negotiating, and that it's the mediators fault.

That's fucking brilliant. I hope the CIA picks this guy up for high profile hostage situations.

It would take Boehner five minutes to write a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for the lower 98 percent. He would not even have to do anything more than that. It would automatically allow the top two percent's tax cut to expire. The brackets are already there, no fiddling with them is necessary like with this Plan B bullshit.

Boehner's just being a dick. As usual.

And before anyone gets stupid and says Boehner should not give a tax hike to Obama without spending cuts, Plan B does not have any spending cuts in it. This is strictly a tax hike on people earning more than a million dollars.

Last edited:

He deserves more than a raise. He basically with a straight face just told the nation that the Obama plan is the only plan. He managed to tell the hostages that the negotiator isn't negotiating, and that it's the mediators fault.

That's fucking brilliant. I hope the CIA picks this guy up for high profile hostage situations.

There's no "hostages".

The President won the election.

Both parties voted for sequester by the way.

It echoes Pelosi's plan?
I guess there is only one way this is going to happen. Obama's way. I hope fuckers make him own it (that will never happen).

There's no "hostages".

You're way to dull for that analogy.

There's no "hostages".

You're way to dull for that analogy.

Dull? Or spot on.

The President is holding anyone hostage.

And it's an old right wing meme started by Rush when he said Clinton was holding America Hostage.

It was bullshit then..it's bullshit now.

I am pretty pissed, by the way, the President is starting to cave.

400K? And no cost of living increases on SSI?

That's nuts. That's not what we voted for.

The President caved in 2010. He should have learned his lesson back then.

It would take Boehner five minutes to write a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for the lower 98 percent. He would not even have to do anything more than that. It would automatically allow the top two percent's tax cut to expire. The brackets are already there, no fiddling with them is necessary like with this Plan B bullshit.

Boehner's just being a dick. As usual.

And before anyone gets stupid and says Boehner should not give a tax hike to Obama without spending cuts, Plan B does not have any spending cuts in it. This is strictly a tax hike on people earning more than a million dollars.

Now, let's hear it for two other dicks named Schumer and Pelosi.

Senate majority leader Harry Reid is rejecting House speaker John Boehner's plan to extend income tax rates for Americans earning less than $1 million. "Speaker Boehner’s ‘plan B’ is the farthest thing from a balanced approach. It will not protect middle class families because it cannot pass both Houses of Congress," Reid says in a statement.

In rejecting Boehner's offer, Reid is shooting down a plan once backed by two of the most liberal Democratic leaders in Congress, New York senator Chuck Schumer and House minority leader Nancy Pelosi.

"It would be much better to raise the limit to a million dollars,"Schumer said on CBS's Face the Nation in 2010. "We have a big deficit problem. We have a big jobs problem. And I think that’s a good compromise."

In May of this year, Pelosi wrote a letter to Boehner endorsing the plan of extending tax rates for those earning less than $1 million. "Democrats believe that tax cuts for those earning over a million dollars a year should expire and that we should use the resulting revenues to pay down the deficit," Pelosi wrote

I think you are laboring under the assumption that the biggest obstacle to passing an agreement is democrats.

Not the case. I'm simply pointing out lack of logic and reason in Carney's statement. I have no love for the Republicans, but think about it...Carney says the plan isn't good enough because it doesn't protect the middle class, because the Senate won't pass it. Of course if they did, it would protect the middle class.

It would hysterical if it wasn't so sad.

Personally, I do not support the Speaker's plan...at all. But that's not the point. Anyway, Carney's statement struck me as incredibly odd, if not something out of The Onion.

The other day he said rich people should pay more money in taxes, so that middle class people especially those with "disabled children" don't have to pay more in taxes.

What the hell is that....disabled children??? Where did that come from?

Are they playing on the "children" in the news over the weekend? Or are they honestly looking at giving parents with disabled children tax breaks....which would open the floodgates is someone can make the claim with a child with mental problems like the CT shooter.

Democraps are always skeeming to find some new angle for TV soundbytes....."disabled children are affected by this fiscal crisis?"

Plan B is a joke. it was proposed by Pelosi and by Senate Democrats months ago, and now it wont pass? What nonsense!

They just dont want a deal. So let's have the House just pass an extension of the current tax rates indefinitely and put it into the Senate and Presidents hands. Let them raise taxes on the people.

Forum List

Back