Jarvis Masters, lets start with him. CA upholds death penalty.

California has upheld the death sentence..... lets start with Jarvis Masters. Put him out of our misery and stop wasting money keeping him alive. He was sentenced to death and appeals all denied. He needs to be put down.

discuss.

California Death Penalty Ban Rejected By Voters

It costs more to execute someone than to keep them in jail.

It also cost more to keep them in jail then to just let them roam free, so by your logic letting them go is the most cost saving alternative.

Let them stay in your neighborhood...

Who said anything about letting them roam free as an alternative?

I don't support the death penalty.

it would seem... liberal CA... does.

Yep... odd isn't it? I'm just an uber-Conservative that thinks killing people as retribution isn't a very good idea.

But hey, that's just me.

And make no mistake about it - that's the sole reason most death penalty supporters support it: retribution. Forget all of this smoke screen, red herring, hidden-agenda bullshit about costs, deterrant, and the other crap they dredge up to justify it. It's only about one thing - revenge. If the state decided to hang people in the public square, these folks would get off on it.

Three of my favorite kinds of threads here: abortion, death penalty and hate crime legislation. Nobody is going to convince anybody of anything on any of them, but it sure is fun to wallow around in it, isn't it?

Yep... odd isn't it? I'm just an uber-Conservative that thinks killing people as retribution isn't a very good idea.

But hey, that's just me.

And make no mistake about it - that's the sole reason most death penalty supporters support it: retribution. Forget all of this smoke screen, red herring, hidden-agenda bullshit about costs, deterrant, and the other crap they dredge up to justify it. It's only about one thing - revenge. If the state decided to hang people in the public square, these folks would get off on it.

Well yeah, revenge is definently a big reason for wanting it.

But hey, that's just me.

make no mistake George... it was the liberals who upheld the death penalty. The state was solid obama... they were the ones doing the voting.... and for the frying our death row.

But hey, that's just me.

make no mistake George... it was the liberals who upheld the death penalty. The state was solid obama... they were the ones doing the voting.... and for the frying our death row.

I didn't say anything about liberals or conservatives, sweet thing. I just mentioned "death penalty supporters." I firmly believe that the real (and only) reason people are for the death penalty has to do with revenge - nothing else. Doesn't matter what their political affiliation is.

California is a funny state. Los Angeles and San Francisco are predominately liberal bastions. Yet we consistently elect right-wing, conservative governors and do other screwy things at the polls. Go figure.

Three of my favorite kinds of threads here: abortion, death penalty and hate crime legislation. Nobody is going to convince anybody of anything on any of them, but it sure is fun to wallow around in it, isn't it?

You left out gun control.

Right - that one also. There are just some subjects upon which everyone's mind is fully made up and that's the way it is. And there's nothing wrong with that. There are valid arguments for three of these four topics on both sides of the debate. There is no valid argument in opposition to hate crime legislation.

I didn't say anything about liberals or conservatives, sweet thing. I just mentioned "death penalty supporters." I firmly believe that the real (and only) reason people are for the death penalty has to do with revenge - nothing else. Doesn't matter what their political affiliation is.

California is a funny state. Los Angeles and San Francisco are predominately liberal bastions. Yet we consistently elect right-wing, conservative governors and do other screwy things at the polls. Go figure.

i know you didnt mentions liberals or cons, George.... i did. Its still funny that it is always liberals moaning about not wanting the DP... and when it comes time to vote it out.... they uphold it.

I dont care if its revenge or justice.... i think we should start with jarvis masters. :tongue:

i know you didnt mentions liberals or cons, George.... i did. Its still funny that it is always liberals moaning about not wanting the DP... and when it comes time to vote it out.... they uphold it.

I dont care if its revenge or justice.... i think we should start with jarvis masters. :tongue:

I believe only 5 countries voted yes on the prop. to abolish the DP.
The DP is not a right vs left issue though.

i am not saying its a right or left thing... i am saying it was liberals who carried the state.... you can extrapolate from there.

i am not saying its a right or left thing... i am saying it was liberals who carried the state.... you can extrapolate from there.

I see where you are attempting to go with this but it does not connect

The props. are always manipulated and most people do not understand what they are voting on but they are the closest thing to direct democracy

The props. are always manipulated and most people do not understand what they are voting on but they are the closest thing to direct democracy

LOL.. it was pretty simple... DP yes keep it.. DP no toss it out.

On the surface yes but the messages being sent by both sides corrupted the process like always

On the surface yes but the messages being sent by both sides corrupted the process like always

do you live in CA?

i do... and that is not the way it was presented.... and if you do live here... you know it.

Forum List

Back